“Tropical FUN!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kalahari Resorts & Conventions

We can't find prices for this hotel
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
“Tropical FUN!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had the most wonderful Spring Break at the Kalahari Dells!! Two adults, and three teenage boys, plenty of space in our room, clean and very accomadating! The restaurrants in the hotel were delicious and priced right! It was such a nice relaxing time for my husband and I to know that the boys were busy having fun right there on the premises and not wanting or needing to go anywhere outside of the hotel! It was a great time! The waterpark, amusement rides and bowling alley provided endless hours of fun! After two days it was all they could talk about for months! Will definitely go again!

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground level around the corner of the front desk and it was perfect for us!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gail0116

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
New London, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our family of four (2 adults + 2 teen boys) had our expectations exceeded for our weekend getaway. Our room was super spacious and had plenty of amenities. We spent the entire weekend in the facility and took advantage of the fabulous indoor amusement park, bowling alley, indoor water park and several restaurants. The dining was so wonderful, not terribly priced and waitstaff was spectacular. We felt the entire establishment was run professionally, clean everywhere, maintained beautifully and equipped with staff that knew their jobs and wanted to make our stay memorable. What more could you want????

Room Tip: If you can afford a two room suite with package of coupons, the value is tremendous.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Sounds like you just had the most amazing time! Thank you so much for sharing. We can't thank you enough for taking the time to review our resort and visit us. We are very excited to see you again soon! Take care!
Dubuque, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This year for spring break we gave our kids (Ages 9 and 10) the choice between a week on a beach or two nights at the Kalahari…they chose the Kalahari. We have stayed here on 12 different occasions. This year we went with 4 other families and rented a 5 bedroom entertainment condo. Its large enough we weren’t on top of one another. The adults took a floor and the kids stayed on the lower level. The resort has everything kids of all ages would like….en indoor/outdoor water park, Movie Theater, bowling alley, and an indoor theme park. The setup is great, though spread out, and allows for a “stay in one place” vacation.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
We just love that the kids choose to come visit us! Thank you so much for visiting and sharing! I bet with all the families it was a blast! I also wanted to thank you for continually visiting us! That is so awesome and we're so thankful! I just wanted to be sure you know how appreciated you were and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you so much!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a great time spending our weekend at the kalahari resort. It was a great little vacation and the indoor amusement park was so much fun that we spent our entire day there. Definitely coming back to stay again, but this time bringing a whole lot more people! Highly recommendable! Just a little costly

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We can't thank you enough for coming to visit us and furthermore taking the time to spread the word about your mini-vacation. I just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate this so much and we can't wait to see you and the whole group soon! Take care and thanks again!
Calumet City, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Overall, we had a nice stay. It was a nice vacation and i didn't have to travel far. The kids, all teenagers, were able to keep busy. They spent a lot of time in the indoor amusement park. The food was a bit pricy. I visited a lot of the local fast food joints. Would stay again, but would bring more money.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We very much appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. Throughout the year, we do have some awesome specials that some include food with them. Hopefully you can return and try that out too! We would love it! We very much thank you for visiting and we can't wait to see you again!
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had a room in the main hotel with 2 queen beds and a pull-out couch. We travelled with 2 adults and 2 teenagers 15/16 looking for a spring break getaway. The girls loved the baby tiger
and enjoyed the water park, but it got old fast. The water was not that warm on Sunday, but did seem slightly warmer on Monday. We ate in the hotel fast-food area the first night and went outside the resort for the rest of our meals after seeing their prices. We enjoyed the hot-tubs but not the noise or the crowds. The walls did seem paper thin, but the girls didn't have any problems sleeping through the guests talking in the hallways in the morning. We left one day before we planned as one of the girls had a cold and wasn't enjoying herself any longer. Enjoyed bowling and mini-golf too. The in-room safe was great. The locker prices in the water park were outrageous.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback! We very much appreciate you coming to visit us then taking the time to review our resort. I'm sorry to hear that one of the girls was not feeling well. I do hope they are better now. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on the noise. I will be sure to pass that along to our management team. I do hope you will give us another shot, hopefully when you can find a great deal and this time we will exceed your expectations. We very much appreciate your thoughts and hope to see everyone again soon. Take care!
Clarkston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed at Kalahari Wisconsin Dells during the Michigan spring break. We have friends who have gone to the Ohio Kalahari, and I never quite understood the appeal. Well, after 2 days at Mt. Olympus (not terrible), I felt like I landed in heaven at Kalahari!!!

We arrived way too early. I think we got there right at Noon when you can check-in and begin using the amenities. My first impression of the lobby was pure awe! It smelled so good. I knew I would be eating way better than I had so far on our trip. My kids loved the baby tiger and kangaroo - how cute! The check-in line wasn't too bad. I was surprised Kalahari doesn't do the "text when you're room is ready" procedure. Most other hotels and resorts are doing this nowadays. OH well. We headed to the Indoor Amusement Park which my kids were just blown away by. The goal was to stay dry until our room was ready but after about 2 hours in the park, my kids were tired and antsy. We broke down and got them into their suits.

Heading into the water park for the first time was amazing! Hot, but amazing. I think we found the only available table in the whole place. The water park is big compared to what we're used to. I was a bit nervous letting my boys (9 and 10) go off on their own, but they got the lay of the land quickly, and I was soon able to relax. The lifeguards were not overly friendly (this seems to be a resort trend) and never seemed to enjoy what they were doing. I love that the park has multiple hot tubs scattered about - when there is only one, it is always way too crowded.

Finally at about 3, my husband called about our room and it was ready. What I did not like...I had to stand in the check-in line - AGAIN! This time it was much longer too. Our room was on the 2nd floor conveniently located for us.

Our first night there was great. The kids were whipped by 7 or so, so we headed up to the room and ordered room service. This was fantastic!!! The food was delish and delivered in under 30 minutes.

During our stay, part of our package was the free breakfast buffet. We loved it. I suggest getting there early though. Any time after 8:30 and there will be a substantial wait for a table.

We knew this day would be an ALL day water park day. I pulled off the BEST plan ever. I went into the water park and scored a perfect table (right by a cabana - free TV) at 9am. I set out a bunch of stuff to make the table look lived in. We took the kids to the indoor park for a little while and then headed into the park. I noticed that one cabana was available - E. I inquired at 9am and was told it was $199. I wasn't willing to spend that much. Our stuff on the table was just as I left it - of course there was nothing of any real value - just a few t-shirts and a coffee cup.

We hung in the park all day. This resort doesn't enforce the "no outside food/drink" rule (do any of them??), so we brought in our own snacks and drinks - wonderful!!! At about 3, I asked my husband to go check on that cabana again - it was still empty. This time, the kid told him it was normally $249 (??) and since it was so late in the day, he could offer it for $100, my husband counter-offered at $80 and we got it!!! My kids (and me) were thrilled. My older son had developed a chafing between his legs from the prolonged wet swimsuit, and so he really enjoyed still being near us, but also comfortable and dry.

The only complaint I had on our full day there was that my husband was in the room when the cleaning ladies came by, and he asked them to come back - he would just be there a few minutes. No one ever came back to tidy our room. This was disappointing, and I probably should have called to report the problem.

We ordered food into the cabana for dinner and had a great time. We stayed until 9pm, and we were exhausted!

Our 2nd breakfast was just as wonderful. I was so sad to leave Kalahari. I had even considered trying to extend our stay and cancelling our planned stop at Wilderness. i wish I had!!!!! (see my Wilderness review, ugh!)

We are already planning a trip to Kalahari Ohio in August before school starts back up. I wholeheartedly recommend this resort for a wonderful time!!!

Room Tip: There are rooms across the street - a LONG walk to the parks - make sure you reserve a room in the...
1 Thank Jill L
You brought pure joy to my day! Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such a wonderful, thoughtful review. I can't tell you enough how much of a pleasure it was to have you and the family! Overall it sounded like you had an amazing time and really took advantage of all that Kalahari has to offer. I am sorry to hear that they did not service your room. I apologize for this and will be sure to let our Housekeeping team know. As you mentioned, when you are property, don't hesitate at all to let us know if there are any struggles, and we can get that corrected for you. We thank you so much and can't wait to see you again in August! You'll be able to enjoy the outdoor park then too! So much fun! Take care and see you soon!