“Amazing family place”

Ranked #7 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Milton, Ontario, Canada
“Amazing family place”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Best place to visit in winter. Make sure you ask for coupons for all the facilities inside specially Arcade games area. Bring your own food as the inside food is very expensive. They have microwave in each room.

Water park is one of the best in the world. So make sure you have minimum two to three days to enjoy.

Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Stay in the main building else there is a long walk to all the activities
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for all of your tips! It is certainly our pleasure to have you! We do have at least a mini-fridge and microwave in all of our rooms, and some even with a full kitchen! Great tips to our future guests. We also have many packages where the dining is included. That might be an option for the future too! Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (673)
Ashland, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have been to the Dells several times, we try to stay at a different resort each time we go, especially during the winter months.
It was a wonderful resort with lots to do for everyone.
My only snafu was; I had full paid for our stay in advance then upon check in my debit card was again charged near the full amount!! I flipped out. David, the MOD at the time was very helpful in taking care of this and my trip was salvaged

Room Tip: WE stayed in a Royal African Suite, there was more than enough room for the 7 of us, plus my infant...
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Our family and 2 other families spent MLK Weekend here and had a blast. We rented a suite with 3 bedrooms and a living area with a kitchen. That was perfect for our 3 families. The water park was a huge hit with the kids and had more than something for all ages, including the adults. It was not overly crowded and was not sparsely crowded either. It was just right. We will definitely be going back.

It's a little pricey, but to be expected with a tourist resort.

Room Tip: If traveling with other groups of families, I highly recommend getting a suite here.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
That is just so wonderful and we can't thank you enough for spending MLK weekend with us! I just wanted to be sure that I sent a little note letting you know how much appreciate you taking the time to review us. I hope we have the pleasure to serve you again soon!
Minnesota
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Loved the new drop slides! The New indoor/outdoor hot tubs are superior to that of the Wilderness hot tubs. They are very large with nice outdoor lighting. The water temp was great! I was impressed by the hotel's customer service. From the front desk to the house keeping to the the maintenance, all were very friendly. We felt that they went out of their way to say hello. This is different from our previous Kalahari experiences. The water park staff were very attentive and even helpful when getting on the slides. The room was clean and the beds comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Sounds like you are a repeat visitor and we can't thank you enough for continuously visiting us! Thank you so much for the continued feedback and the notes of where we have improved over the years. That is so wonderful for our team to hear. I will be sure to pass it along. Also, I wanted to add that I am thrilled to hear you loved the new additions. We are quite proud of them. I agree... the indoor/outdoor hot tubs are spectacular! We can't wait to see you again! Thank you so much!
Milwaukee
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on March 7-8 for a conference that I was attending at the hotel. Although I arrived very early in the morning at the hotel and didn't bother to attempt to check in until after noon, we weren't able to get into our room until after 2 p.m., which to be fair, was earlier than their typical check-in time. The bulk of the staff I encountered were helpful and friendly. Because we booked a conference rate, we stayed in a Desert Room. The beds were very comfortable, but the curtains in the room would not close all the way, which let light into the room in the morning. As a previous commenter noted, there were kids running up and down the halls early in the morning, which was certainly annoying. The room was otherwise clean, but when I went to use the coffeemaker in the morning, it clearly had not been cleaned in a long time. When the coffee began to pour into the pot, there were a bunch of black specks floating the cup, which was really gross. Besides that, the room was adequate. Throughout our stay, we came across hidden charges or inflated costs. In a roundabout way, this is the sort of place that "Ten to fifteen dollars you to death." We were kind of shocked to find that locker rentals in the waterpark would be $15 with $9 returned to you if you returned your receipt and the key before closing time. The vending machine bottles of Coke were $3 each. Dinner at Damon's was over $50 for two and it wasn't all that great. We did order room service, which was actually pretty good and surprisingly priced on par with other hotels. Overall, it seemed like we were being taken advantage of because we were a captive audience in the resort. Parking is a nightmare, especially with half of the lot obscured by snow, so leaving the resort to go elsewhere to eat, is exceedingly difficult. On the whole, the hotel is probably much nicer if you are willing and able to drop a lot of cash. If you are trying to save, this isn't the place to stay.

Room Tip: Avoid staying in the Sands Building; it is very far away from the main building. Most rooms have m...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Were glad that you were able to come pay us a visit for your conference. I do hope while you were here, you were able to mix a little business with pleasure. If you are able to return on a family adventure, we do have some awesome packages that are slightly more inclusive. The Fantastic Family Getaway, offered typically year-round, has a great selection of extras. Just a tip for the future in case that helps at all. I will be sure to pass along your comments about the noise in the morning, the blinds and the food outlets. I will also connect with housekeeping to look into being sure we clean the coffee makers more efficiently. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know. I do hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future and this time exceed your expectations. It was certainly our pleasure having you and can't thank you enough for taking the time to connect with us! Take care!
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I'm not a complainer often and I'm not one of those people who expects to be treated like royalty just because I spend a little cash somewhere. However, the Kalihari has a few nice areas, but mostly feels damp and sleazy with markups on drinks and food that are unwarranted. Also there is virtually no security and we had packs of a-holes running around and banging on doors at 3 am while I'm trying to get my baby to sleep. On top of that my friend and I have a week later found that our credit card numbers have been compromised and had several hundred dollars in charges posted from an online market located in Spain. We are not together often, do not share the same bank, the rooms were booked under someone else's card, and were never not with our cards until we handed them to the Kalihari restaurants and bars to pay our bills. That is the only link between our accounts which now have incurred the same nefarious charges. If the bonds claim finds in their investigation that the charges were made from a computer in the resort, or from an IP address belonging to an employee of the resort..... Look out!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ben M
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I am sorry to hear about your stay and your expectations were not met. In regards to the nightly noise, once on property, please don't hesitate to let us know and our security team will address this. We do have a full security team on at all times and are more then happy to assist with this. I am sorry to hear about fraudulent charges on your account. You mentioned that your card carrier of course was looking into this. Please let me know if we can be of any assistance now or down the road. My personal email is KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com. Thank you again for keeping us in the loop in this matter. Take care and I hope in the future we will have the opportunity to show you the level of customer service you would expect and deserve!
Rockford
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Checked in at 4pm march 6th, was suppose to get a standard desert room, actually without a word. We got upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite!! Beautiful room, love the fireplace and whirl tub in our room, water park was clean, thankfully not busy at all. My 5 year old had a amazing time and was able to do everything except body slides. Didn't need to leave the hotel for anything. Lobby was really nice, and we even got our picture took with a baby tiger :)!! Definitely will b back!