“Coming back :)”

Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Pekin, Illinois
“Coming back :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I came here when i was nine... (three years ago). Upon my entrance it was breath taking. Everyone was so nice. We got the unlimited package so of corse i did everything had the time of my life. We stayed in the royal suits on the first floor. The rooms were very clean. I went to the water park and to my surprise my bed and room had been made my house keepers. At the time i had a stuffed animal with me and they put him in the most adorable fashion. I still talk about the vacation to this day :) I found out a few days past that i would be returning! I am very excited! I was a little disappointing when i found out that there would e construction in the water park during my stay which is in February 15- 17 and i was wondering if there would be construction still?

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to get the special royal rooms they are worth it!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
Beecher, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Just got home from a quick 2 day, 2 night stay at the Kalahari Resort and Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells, WI. What a great stay! Had a group of 10 and we were all between 24-28 years old. This resort is setup for all ages. There's plenty to do for any age group. Being as it was only 5 degrees outside, we only experienced the indoor waterpark, which needless to say was also pretty darn great and awesome. Multiple tube water slides and multiple waterslides. The wait was very minimal for each also. The hot tub/ swim up bar was probably the best part of the entire stay. It recently opened and was very cool. The swim up bar transistions to an outside huge hot tub/ pool. Great hang out for adults. Also opened was an outdoor hot tub for adults and children together. Very courteous employees throughout the facility. We stayed in the Sands portion of the resort. A little more pricey but well worth it for our group size. We had 10 people, and 3 rooms all adjoining. No problems at all with our room or any part of the resort. Clean bathrooms are a plus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ken B
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

The waterpark at the Kalahari is nice, big enough to be entertaining but not so big that you lose the rest of your group. They have some of the funner slides too. However, we were disappointed with the Adventure Park. We purchased wristbands only to find that some of the more interesting activities required additional money. Oddly enough we did not once see people using any of those, so maybe that's a hint that people don't want to pay $5 extra to do an Indy 500 video game. Our room was fine other than that we all agreed the sheets were like paper and very uncomfortable. I'd actually bring my own sheets if I stayed here again. Lastly, the attendant at the ferris wheel in the Adventure Park on Saturday morning was clearly completely miserable, snippy, and rude. Heard other people commenting the same as we were leaving the ride.

1 Thank Suzannechitown
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and staying with us! I wanted to apologize for your experience in our Indoor Theme Park on the Ferris Wheel. I wanted to ensure you that I have already contacted our Theme Park Manager to look into this. We certainly appreciate your thoughts and love having you! I do hope you will come visit us again! If you are in anyway uncomfortable with your room or sheets, don't hesitate to let us know while you are property. We will be more than happy to do our best to make things right. Looking forward to seeing you again soon! Take care!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed a night at the Kalahari Resorts in the Wisconsin Dells. Our group was myself and my husband and two other late twenty-something couples. We are from Chicago and wanted to make the most of our time off from work and head over to Cascade. Our husbands/boyfriends are grown-up kids so they loved the idea of going to a water park during winter. The water park was nicer than I expected for the Dells but the Queen something (can't remember the name) was about on par with what I expected. Spacious and the beds were kind of icky. I'd probably bring my own blankets the next time. I think maybe the sheets had a plastic component to them? Eek.

The price point was about right, but I might make it slightly cheaper 50 bucks or so for a real value. We had a great, ridiculous time though at the water park. There was a good variety of slides. We also had fun in the outdoor pool bar, but would not have stayed there alone. It gets a little creeptastic. Like honestly people you're in the Dells at a water park with little kids, get a room. One thing I did find slightly aggravating was that we ordered the super large drink (I can't remember what it was) but it had vodka in it and I requested Ketel because I didn't want to be throwing up on the ski hill the next day. I assumed there would be an upcharge, but honestly a 20 dollar upcharge?! I didnt bother to ask so I guess that's my fault, but still, I would not have assumed it would be 20 dollar additional on top of the 20-something the drink already was to replace the well vodka with Ketel.

We had a great waitress at Damon's who tolerated our silliness and let us order a smorgasboard of food. This one night was truly a great night with friends and I think Kalahari overall hosted us well. We think we may be back with a larger group next year!

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow/sheets, adults.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Sounds like an awesome time! Thank you so much for visiting us and taking the time to review our resort! If you return with more guests, I strongly recommend the Nyumba Entertainment Villa, that sounds perfect for your group! You won't be disappointed. I certainly appreciate all of your comments on the room and sleep quality. I will be sure to pass those along to our team too. Thank you for reaching out to us! Very much looking forward to seeing you again soon! Take care and Happy New Year!
Lindenhurst, Il
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our son left his cell phone and ipod touch in the room. Housekeeping was cleaning the room next to ours and know one else had access to the room. We called the hotel, lost in found and housekeeping right away and it took three days for someone to call us back. Lost and found called back to say they don't have the items. I called talked with a manager gave him our room number and they did nothing, they will not talk to housekeeping to ask the young man who was responsible for cleaning the room if he saw them. They don't care as I was told they're not responsible for lost items which means employee theft. Too bad we will not be returning to this resort as it was our fifth and final trip there. They don't care about their customers nor will put any effort into helping you once you've left the resort. Farewell Kalahari!

4 Thank Michelle H
I am very sorry to hear about your son's cell phone and iPod touch. I want to apologize for the delay in returned phone call. It can take a few days for items to reach the lost and found, so typically they give it a day or two after speaking with housekeeping to ensure all items are accounted. As you mentioned, we are not responsible for lost items, but will do out best to assist in locating these items. We do provide a safe within the rooms for all valuable items. I will be sure to share your thoughts with our management team and housekeeping team. I am sorry to hear that this negatively impacted your stay. I sincerely hope the items turn up for you. Thank you again for reaching out to us. Take care.
Grayslake, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Boy am I glad I write for a newspaper and can share my horrific experience about this place with my readers.

Booked a room here, was promised it had three beds. There were only two. Specifically asked while making my reservation to be placed near the main area of the resort, as I had a disabled guest, was assured I would be, then upon arriving, found this to be false AFTER they swiped my debit card.

Immediately asked for a refund so I could stay somewhere else, was told they wouldn't since the card had been swiped already...just 15 minutes earlier. Asked for an upgrade at MY own expense, was told they were booked and couldn't.

As a result, my disabled family member was forced to stay in a room that's literally a 1/2 mile walk away from the resort's main amentites and because there were no wheelchairs available, stayed in the room on crutches the entire time. My subsuquent attempts to tell management about this were met with "Here's an e-mail address, write them." Still furious and pursuing a refund, but haven't even been replied to yet despite multiple attempts to contact someone in management with the e-mail address they provided. This ruined my 7-year-old's vacation, who simply wanted nothing but to spend time with his grandfather.

This place owes me an apology and a refund. I doubt I will see either.

Room Tip: These people who book rooms will lie to you to book them, either that or they haven't a clue.
11 Thank Tim F
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Hi Tim, Thank you for reaching out to us and I am glad that we were able to resolve this situation for you. We certainly appreciate hearing from you. Take care and Happy New Year!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This place is huge! We went for New Years and loved it! So much to do. We waterpark was clean and safe. Very busy but the lines were short and moved very fast. The indoor theme park is amazing. So much to do spent 3 nights there and never left the bundling Very clean and friendly staff. Family will have a great time.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Tp47832
We are just thrilled that you chose to send 3 days over New Years with us! Thank you so much and thank you for taking the time to review our resort. It was was our pleasure! I just wanted to be sure that I send you a quick thanking you and letting you know we can't wait to see you again soon! Take care and hope to see you soon!