All reviews water basketball lazy rivers spring break indoor park summer ages blast waterslides grandkids
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

This hotel could be great if they put some money into it. It looks rundown, the pool area has a ton of leaves and pine needles all over. I felt like I was in the 70s from the overall condition and decor of the hotel. Especially being away from the main areas of tourist attractions, it needs to up its game to be competitive. Pictures on the website were not accurate.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

Room was disgusting, chipped walls, no covers on the electrical outlets, window screen literally bent and ripped to the point it was a thought at how it was still in place, refrigerator door cracked and broken, beds were solid as rock, pools were chemical wastelands.. all around just not good. Never have stayed here because usually just go with one of the bigger resorts... will never make the decision to come here again. Not to mention they didn’t mention a resort fee. I’m not one to complain honestly but I genuinely would like management to either step up and get a grip or stray fellow vacationers away from this joint.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

We stayed a few years ago and decided to go back for a few days this years with our almost 3 and 5 year old. The price was right; but the accommodations were not. I was very disappointed in our room, as well as the pools. Our room had black mold, disgusting carpet, and we had blood on the sheets when we pulled the covers back. When I called the front desk to get new sheets, no one was apologetic, they just said they’d change the sheets. The water park hours were not convenient for small children that are awake early and want to nap in the afternoon. The indoor pool with the kiddie pool with water features kept shutting down; and when that is the only pool the kids can play in until 11am, it was disappointing. The indoor water park didn’t open until 4pm - which does nothing for a family if it’s a rainy day. The outdoor water park was ok, when it was warm enough to be out there. I am a lifeguard instructor, and going to places like this really stress me out because the guards drive me crazy! There were guards in tennis shoes, with ear buds in, and on their phones. I know lifeguards aren’t babysitters, so I was watching my kids like a hawk, but I worried about other people’s kids. All in all, I will not return.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank jordanmburress
Reviewed August 4, 2018

This property needs a lot of work. Repainting would be at the top of the list for the outside. Balconies were raw wood that hadn't seen any stain or finish for a long while. The inside was dirty and we were in the Time share side. Would recommend this place to anyone.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

I disregarded the reviews because I didn’t think it could be that bad, but it really is. The pictures are very deceiving and must have been taken years ago. If I had paid the price of the newly updated condos, I would have been really upset, given the condition of the rest of the resort resort. The resort does have potential, but it seems like the owners don’t care enough to maintain it. Just to name a few of the things I observed:

- The room we were assigned was on the first floor near entrance 5. The picture online is indeed of the same room, but was probably taken 20 years ago. I got an awful uncomfortable creepy vibe from the room, and at first I thought “I won’t be in the room much anyways”, but unfortunately the resort was no escape from the room. Our view was the worse view I have ever seen from a hotel room- busted up patio chairs, untrimmed trees, and a broken down fence. One of the lights in our room was burnt out, the others had a yellow tint, and the towels were dingy, some with holes
- There was mold on the ceilings in the hallways so bad that it was bulging down
- The indoor water park had the most unique lazy river I’ve ever seen, albeit very short, however, the water was ICE COLD! I asked the lifeguard if the water was always like that and he said yes. I heard so many people in the hot tub commenting on the water, but I thought they were exaggerating. It was so not even fun to go on the slides or lazy river because of this
- The jets in the hot tub in the indoor water park were broken. This made it seem like you are taking a bath with everyone
- The chairs in the outdoor water park were all mismatched and many of them had mesh that was torn to the point that it was unusable
- They use “hidden” areas in the water park for storage, but they are not actually hidden. They are just an eyesore.
- The sauna was broken
- The Tiki Bar located off of the main hotel pool advertised a $10 pizza starting at 10 pm. We specifically waited until 10 pm to order, but when we arrived we were told the oven had just been turned off
- I ordered one of their drink “specials” from the outside Tiki Bar. It was nothing more than a very small amount of liquor, syrup, and ice. So basically very expensive sugar water. A slushee from 7-11 would have tasted better.

I will say that the lazy river outside was nice, and they let you bring your drink on it

Overall, I would not stay here again. I knew it was an older resort, but I thought it would be similar to the other older resorts I’ve stayed at in the Dells that are older but have been maintained.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leanne312