Where do I start? First of all when I booked, I made sure it was a room with a balcony. I get there and I get one of maybe 8 rooms that don't have a balcony. In talking to the front desk they were more than happy to switch my room even tho it was an inconvenience. They told me they had no balcony rooms available but would switch me to a pool walkout which was a "huge upgrade" for what I paid. After waiting two hours for them to clean the room we finally got our keys. The bathroom was disgusting, dirt still in the shower and sink. Duct tape holding down the carpet (classy). And the wallpaper was peeling off and you could tell they didn't vacuum. I don't see how this was an "upgrade" it was actually worse than the room without the balcony. The pools were ICE cold. Really? The middle of august and they are ice cold. We didn't even want to go in them. Towels left everywhere outside and even inside in the indoor pool area. Half the vending machines didn't even work, and nobody told us we needed a parking pass when checking in. Luckily the concierge lady stopped me and asked if I got my pass. How nice the front desk didn't let me know, I'm sure I would have been thrilled if my car got towed. It was close to town and close to the casino but that's about the only good thing. We did not pay a lot, and ended up checking out a day early but this was definitely not worth what I paid. Especially since the "amazing waterpark" only had two slides. After you go down it once you are kind of over it. The housekeeping staff didn't even speak English and we had to call maintenance because only 2 of our 4 outlets worked. The guy came right away flipped a switch and walked out.. Well sorry we didn't know there were switches that controlled this. Overall just not worth it. Next time I will pay the extra and go to great wolf or anywhere else really.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Polynesian offers a variety of room styles to choose from - King rooms, Queen Rooms, Two Bedroom Suites, & Luxury Suites - one is sure to accommodate your family's stay in Wisconsin Dells. IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The resort is undergoing improvements during 2015 and select areas will be restricted due to these improvements. We make every effort to offer alternatives but will occasionally be unable to do so. Thank you for your understanding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Polynesian Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Polynesian Resort Wisconsin Dells