WINNER WONDERLAND

Polynesian Resort Hotel
Ranked #55 of 71 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Not worth the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

Where do I start? First of all when I booked, I made sure it was a room with a balcony. I get there and I get one of maybe 8 rooms that don't have a balcony. In talking to the front desk they were more than happy to switch my room even tho it was an inconvenience. They told me they had no balcony rooms available but would switch me to a pool walkout which was a "huge upgrade" for what I paid. After waiting two hours for them to clean the room we finally got our keys. The bathroom was disgusting, dirt still in the shower and sink. Duct tape holding down the carpet (classy). And the wallpaper was peeling off and you could tell they didn't vacuum. I don't see how this was an "upgrade" it was actually worse than the room without the balcony. The pools were ICE cold. Really? The middle of august and they are ice cold. We didn't even want to go in them. Towels left everywhere outside and even inside in the indoor pool area. Half the vending machines didn't even work, and nobody told us we needed a parking pass when checking in. Luckily the concierge lady stopped me and asked if I got my pass. How nice the front desk didn't let me know, I'm sure I would have been thrilled if my car got towed. It was close to town and close to the casino but that's about the only good thing. We did not pay a lot, and ended up checking out a day early but this was definitely not worth what I paid. Especially since the "amazing waterpark" only had two slides. After you go down it once you are kind of over it. The housekeeping staff didn't even speak English and we had to call maintenance because only 2 of our 4 outlets worked. The guy came right away flipped a switch and walked out.. Well sorry we didn't know there were switches that controlled this. Overall just not worth it. Next time I will pay the extra and go to great wolf or anywhere else really.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

My husband and I wanted to take the kids to a little vacation before they started school. The pools were fine and not a lot of people. But the staff was not friendly at all. When I would call the front desk, they would keep me on hold (by just putting the phone down) and not really let me finish talking. When I would go to the front desk, they kinda ignored me and would leave me standing there for a couple of min. before taking care of me. The room didn't look so clean. The blankets had rips and stains on them. But like I said, the pools outside were nice, and fun. My kids didn't really pay attention to the rest so at least they had a good time.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Connie V

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

The experience from the beginning was a disappointment. They said are room would be available by 4 p.m. but that was not the case. We waited til 4:30 to finally get our room. Their excuse was they had to have the staff clean up the room before we enter. Actually it wasn't even the room we reserved in advance. We finally get up to our to find a musty run down room with dust particles everywhere and dust on the carpet which wasn't vacuumed at all. We make our way to the restroom to find no towels or wash cloths stocked for use and to top it off our toilet seat was detached from the actual toilet. The only positive thing about this resort was the water park. The room we stayed in was 273. This is important for people in the future who decide to stay at this joke of a resort. Me and my wife came back home to find red bumps all over our arms and legs. Itched like hell and we were miserable for days. Went to the clinic and found out we were victims of bed bugs. We now had to bomb our house and discard our brand new bed. If you can avoid this place entirely and can dish out a little more money to make your vacation at the dells a memorable one in good way instead of a terrible one please do so.

4 Thank Bigbv1385
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

We attempted to stay at this hotel as part of a "free" package deal. It wasn't even good enough to stay there for free. We checked in and went to the room. It was outdated, yes, but to me that isn't a big deal. I just want a room that's clean. The bathroom had mold in the grout along the tub. The last guest's personal belongings (a dress and a t-shirt) were still hanging on the back of the bathroom door. That didn't give me a lot of confidence in how well the room had been cleaned prior to us arriving. The blanket that was sitting in the closet as an extra to use if needed was covered in long dark hair. The carpet looked as though it had been vacuumed, but there were crumbs around the edges of the bed on the floor. It looked like the main open areas had been done, but not much attention was paid to the periphery. The couch had dark upholstery, so if there were issues there, I couldn't see them, but I did not want to sit on it anyway. The condition of the rest of the room did not give me confidence to even sit down. I have three kids (5, 3 and 1) and I didn't want them to touch anything. Since we were supposed to stay there for three nights, it seemed like the best thing to do was go somewhere else. I went up to the front desk and politely let them know that we weren't staying and the woman behind the desk did not look surprised or even inquire about why we were leaving. I was left with the impression that we weren't the first guests to make that decision. I did tell her that they should have someone remove the clothes from the bathroom and she just gave me an apologetic look and shook her head. I will say that I appreciated that they didn't give us a hassle about it and refunded my credit card without me having to ask if they would (even though the stay was "free" we were responsible for about $60 in taxes.) Maybe after they complete their renovation, it will be better, but I would definitely not recommend it right now.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank jrm0501
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed here as part of another "deal". It was outdated, no in room wifi, only a few TV channels, dirty bathroom,moldy smelling entryways, peeling paint, the weed beds add a homey touch though! Book elsewhere and enjoy the Dells!

Room Tip: stay someplace else
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ookmukj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

After reading reviews on here as well as on other websites, I was slightly terrified to stay here. After walking into the lobby, it really does look like a resort. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I've heard horror stories about the rooms here, but ours was pretty good. Outdated, but clean. I heard they're going under renovation (not sure if all rooms will be renovated) but with a little bit of updating to the rooms I think it would be a great hotel. The beds were comfortable and the housekeeping service was good as well. The waterparks again were pretty outdated (we heard that it was the first indoor waterpark in the dells) but nice. I would stay here again especially if they had some renovations done.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Don't ever stay here!!!! Shandon and I saw a good last minute deal and had decided to come Dells on a last minute get away for birthday. I'm appalled at this place. Checked in at 1.45 they didn't have my reservation. I showed them on my phone and reception didn't even offer us to enjoy the pool while we wait. 30 minutes he said. I checked back 3 times, each time they saw me in the line, and still made me wait then informed me it wasn't ready. On my 4th trip at 3.30 I was told the room would be ready at 4pm. Went back at 4.30 and told still not ready. At 5.30 went and asked again (after waiting 30 mins in line.) The guy at the desk offered no apologies, no room house credits, and moved us in to a different room (no longer the balcony room we had booked.) We walked in to find an open fridge with a wet towel, a night stand with crumbs on it, and a patio with wet towels on the chairs, in front of a dead plant filled with cigarette butts. Prob gonna go get money back and shift hotel. Or her and I will just have fun in the dells and make the most of it. But DO NOT STAY HERE. Last time we stayed at the Grand Geneva and the room was 20 mins late and they bought us a bottle of Champagne and $60 in vouchers. I understand getting what you paid for but customer service costs nothing.

3 Thank Priceyde