“Appalled - All round terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Polynesian Resort Hotel

Polynesian Resort Hotel
Ranked #58 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Appalled - All round terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Don't ever stay here!!!! Shandon and I saw a good last minute deal and had decided to come Dells on a last minute get away for birthday. I'm appalled at this place. Checked in at 1.45 they didn't have my reservation. I showed them on my phone and reception didn't even offer us to enjoy the pool while we wait. 30 minutes he said. I checked back 3 times, each time they saw me in the line, and still made me wait then informed me it wasn't ready. On my 4th trip at 3.30 I was told the room would be ready at 4pm. Went back at 4.30 and told still not ready. At 5.30 went and asked again (after waiting 30 mins in line.) The guy at the desk offered no apologies, no room house credits, and moved us in to a different room (no longer the balcony room we had booked.) We walked in to find an open fridge with a wet towel, a night stand with crumbs on it, and a patio with wet towels on the chairs, in front of a dead plant filled with cigarette butts. Prob gonna go get money back and shift hotel. Or her and I will just have fun in the dells and make the most of it. But DO NOT STAY HERE. Last time we stayed at the Grand Geneva and the room was 20 mins late and they bought us a bottle of Champagne and $60 in vouchers. I understand getting what you paid for but customer service costs nothing.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank Priceyde

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Aurora, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

this is our 3rd year here. very disappointed! our room was dirty and the toilet was stopped up when we got there. had to call 4 times to get it unstopped. then it leaked the whole time. we had to put towels down so the kids wouldnt slip. the next day our sink stopped up! the room was never cleaned or beds made from the first day of our stay. we had to call for towels for showers because we never saw a cleaning person! for the price you pay for this "resort" is not good for what you get! we will be looking for somewhere else to stay in the future. the only good thing about this place is the waterparks area.

• 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank ready4anadventure

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Crest Hill, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We called almost a month in advance to have a connecting room so our family could enjoy our stay together this didn't happen ! We had to constantly go back in forth in the hallways !! We went swimming cold water outside wanted to go inside on the lazy river guess what closed all day opens at 4pm . No swimming inside besides 4 pm is when you leave to go out to dinner or start to make nightly plans. Gave us our bill a day early with wrong names on them . Manager was never there funny huh! If I was the original oldest resort I would at least try to stay on top . Very dirty ,toilet ran all night had to constantly jiggle the handle ,outside the building looked terrible ,Hallways stunk like terrible . Never again !!!!!! I know I won't get a response from them because I don't think they really care . At one tome I saw at least ten children in a hot tub ,there shouldn't have been none in that hot water.sorry I can go on and on and on . BEWARE !!!!!!!

Room Tip: Can't none
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

For $300 a night, here is what you get... The Good: 1) The staff is very nice and tries to do what they can with what they have. 2) The outdoor waterpark is great fun for kids about ten and under and not overwhelming like some of the bigger parks 3) The water in all the pools and slides was the perfect temperature 4) The lifeguards were awesome -- good, fun, funny, helpful! 5) They opened the indoor water park when it rained and they had to close the outdoor one. 6) It is very centrally located -- everything else we wanted to do was close by 7) They knocked the price down after we complained. See below... The Bad: 1) THERE IS NO WI-FI IN THE HOTEL! (Except in the lobby.) Who, in this day and age, doesn't have wi-fi?????? 2) The room was semi-clean -- we found a dirty band-aid on the floor 3) It was a two-bedroom suite but only had one roll of toilet paper and one 4-cup coffee maker. 4) Our room keys kept deactivating; we had to get at least 6 new cards for our 2-night stay 5) We waited 20-25 minutes to check in. Watching during our stay, this appeared common. 6) Towels are hard to get! We got maybe 4 for our two-bedroom suite (with 7 people) and there were rarely towels stocked in the water park areas 7) The indoor water park is usually only open first at 4:00 -- during peak season! Weird! 8) The indoor pool area has about an inch of gross standing water on the floor. 9) They charge $1.50/day for the room safe -- reimbursed at check-out IF YOU ASK (it's only $1.50 but still -- this is pretty cheesy!) 10) The public restrooms in the hotel and in the water parks were all pretty gross. Overall -- for $300/night, I'm sure you can do better!!

Room Tip: Be careful of upcharges for pool-view rooms.
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Location
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Kari M
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We traveled this passed weekend with our 2 yr old. She had an amazing time. To her, any pool is great. I would say this resort is great for any kid between 2-12ish. Water temp was fine. They don't have a huge outdoor or indoor pool area, but enough to keep them busy for hours.
We didn't really experience any problems. Our king size bed was firm, but very comfortable; the fridge was new. There is a small microwave in the room, and and old tv which we didn't use. Bathroom was fine, good water pressure.
Capital resorts did purchase Polynesian, and hopefully they will turn everything around and update everything.
I rate this 4/5 because the toddler pools they have (indoor and outdoor) were perfect and kept our daughter entertained.

Room Tip: There is a "luxury king" room, which has a door separating the bedroom from the living roo...
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Sorin L
Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Okay so me and my girlfriends stayed here about 7 years ago. So I decided to come back here after searching for a hotel for a Saturday night stay. Here's the deal most hotels and even motels require 2 might stay when you are staying on the weekend. I only needed and could use one night. Upon calling the Polynesian I was quoted for one night and also the Last room. So I booked it at $200, but others like mt.olympus village were going for more and required 2 nights. I was quoted $145 on up for small mom n pop motels. so I took the last room.

Upon check in I was given coupon books a map and told where my room was. I arrived to a much outdated room which I expected. The room had a musty smell, outside our window was trash behind pretty flowers. We changed went to dinner and came back for bed.

My son told me there was no sheet or blanket under his comforter. I called front desk the said they would send someone to make up the bed correctly. I called back a min later to cancel asy other son had just kicked down the sheets I apologized. A few mins later house keeping was at my door tremble bed. I let them know the mistake and apologized. I Was EXTREMLY impressed at the quick response time though.

After falling asleep I was woken up at 1201am by the flipping alarm. oMG I couldn't shut it up. I ended up unplugging it.

The was rust and stuff but the room was mostly clean. The water park also clean. It was nice not being over crowded or having long lines.

So overall for a night I may or may not return, I'm hoping that they get this place spruced up. Even though the 1980s fridge, microwave and tv didn't totally bother me.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Rosemary D
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Had plans change on us. Jaime at front desk was gracious and fair about cancelation. When circumstances improve we will certainly renew our booking. We are sorry it didn't work out. We so looked forward to staying there.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family