“One night and I would give it. 2.5” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Polynesian Resort Hotel

Polynesian Resort Hotel
Ranked #58 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Wisconsin, United States
“One night and I would give it. 2.5”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Okay so me and my girlfriends stayed here about 7 years ago. So I decided to come back here after searching for a hotel for a Saturday night stay. Here's the deal most hotels and even motels require 2 might stay when you are staying on the weekend. I only needed and could use one night. Upon calling the Polynesian I was quoted for one night and also the Last room. So I booked it at $200, but others like mt.olympus village were going for more and required 2 nights. I was quoted $145 on up for small mom n pop motels. so I took the last room.

Upon check in I was given coupon books a map and told where my room was. I arrived to a much outdated room which I expected. The room had a musty smell, outside our window was trash behind pretty flowers. We changed went to dinner and came back for bed.

My son told me there was no sheet or blanket under his comforter. I called front desk the said they would send someone to make up the bed correctly. I called back a min later to cancel asy other son had just kicked down the sheets I apologized. A few mins later house keeping was at my door tremble bed. I let them know the mistake and apologized. I Was EXTREMLY impressed at the quick response time though.

After falling asleep I was woken up at 1201am by the flipping alarm. oMG I couldn't shut it up. I ended up unplugging it.

The was rust and stuff but the room was mostly clean. The water park also clean. It was nice not being over crowded or having long lines.

So overall for a night I may or may not return, I'm hoping that they get this place spruced up. Even though the 1980s fridge, microwave and tv didn't totally bother me.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Rosemary D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Had plans change on us. Jaime at front desk was gracious and fair about cancelation. When circumstances improve we will certainly renew our booking. We are sorry it didn't work out. We so looked forward to staying there.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Streamwood, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We will never ever stay here again! So glad we didn't have our 1 year old with us. The pool's were not clean and water was cold. Our room smelled and there was mold on the bathroom ceiling. For some reason our room keys got dis-activated a day before we were checking out so we had to go down to lobby to get them reactivated. This was supposed to be a romantic get away for our 2nd anniversary and it was terrible.

Room Tip: Wifi didn't work in your room only in lobby.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
5 Thank Karleen W

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Madison
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We've been staying at Polynesian every July for the past 4 years. Never again. When we checked in, we were sent to a "Concierge" which was nothing more than a salesperson for the new owners. The resort was just sold to someone who is turning it into time shares, with only a portion staying hotel rooms. I did not appreciate the sales pitch. The pools were clearly not powerwashed at the beginning of the season and further maintanence, if any, was lax. The lifeguards were bottom of the barrel. While they ignored grown men diving into 5 feet of water, horseplay, running, McDonalds food and (against state law) people bringing in their own wine, they were quick to approach my boyfriend who was wearing water shoes and ask him if he was wearing street shoes. Room service forgot part of my dinner, and the gift shop had little to offer for breakfast. The only positives were the cleanliness of the room and the excellent service from the outdoor bartender.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
5 Thank Kathy C
Lansing, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I was very disappointed with this hotel. For the price I would've expected a little more. When my husband was checking in he overheard another guest with the manager and they were trying to tell him that they were told by another staffer that there "were no more towels" in the hotel so they couldn't have any and if they didn't like it they could leave! The manager basically called them a liar, then the young woman checking my husband in told him how wonderful their hotel was and how 85% of the guests come back. She also told him they were just bought for 6 million dollars so a massive reno was going to be done. IT IS NEEDED!! The room had a dirty feeling and the decor was not so pleasant. The pool area was nice but you could tell there needed to be a little aesthetic maintenance. Temps on the water park water...very cold! We were grateful though that it wasn't too busy so there wasn't a lot of people in line for the slides. The indoor pool had a great temp, but it smelled as though it needed to be cleaned. I would not go back to this hotel. I would rather spend less and pay an entry into a hotel like Great Wolf or Kalahari to enjoy their water parks.

Room Tip: No Wifi in rooms...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Nicole W
Gurnee, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We were here last summer as well and we didn't really see the down side, it is outdated. But this time we came with a large group n had 2 rooms. Our room a spa room with pool view rm128 was as expected, but the other room rm 137 smelled dirty n like someone had smoked in it, and there was mold on ceiling in bathroom, carpet was soaking wet and all they did was bring in a bunch of towels n lay them on the wet floor. We were given 20% off at checkout. The restaurant has good food n they refilled our polynesian mugs from last year for free again this year. Pool looked more rough than last year..rusty, mildewy, peeling and chipping paint. We had fun, but it's just not a pretty place to stay. The stairs that were badly rusted last year were replaced. Get a makeover polynesian and we may return!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Location
2 Thank shellerRenee
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Nothing but stink and dirt is what we found in our room when we arrived. housekeeping called immediately and "re-cleaned" our room, what a joke! Laundry rooms on all floors were out of order, ice machine by our room did not work and the keys would not open most of the doors. Indoor water park was not opened because of not enough staff. Weather was cold and raining and they still would not open indoor water park but everything was running so it would look good for the poor saps they were trying to sell timeshares too. Complained daily to five people pretending to be supervisors and nothing got taken care of, we stumbled upon a general manager who still did not open the park but gave us free pizza and a discount on our room. Will never stay here again and strongly recommend you find anywhere else to stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Polynesian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family