Went on Presidents Day weekend, which was a busy weekend for the Dells. All the other indoor waterparks were sold out, so we settled for the Polynesian. I was nervous after reading the other reviews, so I had low expectations. But, I figured the kids (twins, age 6) would have fun no matter where we stayed and that I can turn a blind eye at some of the things the other reviewers mentioned, especially since the rate was so reasonable. We were in a king room with a sofa bed, which we liked the layout. I described this resort as "Hot Tub Time Machine", tropical style.
Quick check in
Water park was not crowded, and really geared for young kids
Very good lifeguards in waterpark area by slides
The staff we had interaction with were all very pleasant
Location, near Christmas Mountain (we went snowtubing)
Liked having a balcony off our room (we kept our cooler out there...never needed ice!)
Room was outdated and ripped carpet
Bed was TERRIBLE (didn't sleep for 2 nights in a row)
Towels in the pool areas were non-existent
Restaurant choices were poor and weren't hardly ever open
Pool water in pool area off of lobby was murky and foamy
Paid a weird charge on our bill for the in room safe
Bottom line...We got what we paid for, so cant complain since I knew all this before booking the room. I probably would pick Mt Olympus over the Polynesian for a value priced property next time only because the size of the waterpark and the included indoor amusement park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Polynesian offers a variety of room styles to choose from - King rooms, Queen Rooms, Two Bedroom Suites, & Luxury Suites - one is sure to accommodate your family's stay in Wisconsin Dells. IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The resort is undergoing improvements during 2015 and select areas will be restricted due to these improvements. We make every effort to offer alternatives but will occasionally be unable to do so. Thank you for your understanding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Polynesian Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Polynesian Resort Wisconsin Dells