Polynesian Water Park Resort
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$174
$153
HIExpress.com
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$153
$149
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$130
$124
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$109
Shamrock Motel Resort & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$152
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$166
Black Hawk Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$139
$135
Delton Grand Resort & Spa(Wisconsin Dells)
$290
All Star Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$109
$106
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
$270
$250
Priceline
All reviewsbigger resortslazy riverswater activitiesoutdoor water parkyear oldsspring breaksummeragesblastwaterslidesgamegrandkidsboys
Reviewed November 11, 2013

If the dirt ring in the toilet and the toilet paper dispenser coming out of the wall and the hard beds don't turn you off the thugs watching over your kids in the pool will. there about as rude as a person can get. we were down right harassed in the kids pool area when we were the only people there and we were with the kids in the pool some little bit of a man come over to me stuck out his chest and said get that pop out of the pool with a mean look on his face. not at all polite in any way I am a grand father that will never set foot at that place again. the water had a bad smell in the hot tub like the water was stagnate and pant chip off poles in kids pool water. There was one life guard there his name was Logan and he was great guy and great with the kids he should find a better place to work.

Room Tip: chose another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is our first visit here and we would definitely come back! Our room was huge....had a king size bed with a beautiful parrot cover...a couch!!!! It also had a refrigerator and microwave. The tub and toilet were in a separate room, which allowed me the sink, mirror to use while my husband was in the shower!!! Only had 2 drawbacks....no internet service and only 4-5 tv channels worked.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Omg. This place was scary. We booked a last minute trip to the dells. And found this hotel. It was the only one that wasn't booked and I could see why. I've seen 3 star ratings before and have been pleasantly surprised. But this place is gross. It was so dark everywhere in the halls and rooms and when I turned on the lights it revealed stained carpets. It smelled mildewed in the room. I didn't want to walk around barefoot. The box springs didn't have bed skirts revealing hair and dirt on them. Ugh. So nasty. I had my husband check for bed bugs. Thank goodness there weren't any but I still slept in my hoodie bc I didn't want to touch the pillow. One of the pools was cloudy. Yucko.

• Stayed: August 2013
6  Thank charon2143
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Rewind a bit - Ten years ago, we went to Wisconsin Dells and stayed at the Polynesian and it was a bad experience. It was dirty and bad customer service. (I'll skip the details, but it was bad enough to be quite memorable for us, even 10 years later) Fast forward to the present. We needed a room for 1 night - just someplace to stay while we experienced some traditional Wisconsin Dells activities (the Ducks, etc) - not their water park. Rooms were pretty much sold out at The Dells so we ended up at Polynesian. The room, with tax, was $185 - so we expected it to be decent and we hoped it had changed in 10 years. First, it was so dirty. We had to call the front desk to say that our room had not been serviced, including an extremely dirty toilet with dark, black rings. I've never even seen a toilet this bad, even in a public bathroom in a gas station or beach. They said to come down to the front desk and they'd give us a new room. We were literally the furthest possible room from the front desk. When we got down there, the unpleasant woman at the front desk told us to go back to the room and they'd send up a cleaning crew. Two kids and all of our luggage, back to the furthest room in the building! They sent up 2 male youths. One replenished our towels, etc and informed us that our bed had indeed been services, it's just that the morning crew leaves "everything wrinkled," he explained. The other employee worked on our bathroom...and worked and worked. Twenty minutes later, on the toilet alone, it was finally clean! So...how long had it been since they cleaned it, and what other surfaces were ignored?? They did not inform us at the front desk that TV service was out-of-order in EVERY SINGLE ROOM. Wi-fi is ONLY available in the lobby - ever. What kind of modern hotel does that?? So, in a dirty room, no wi-fi, and no TV. What a vacation! (we had no intention of using the water park at this hotel) Employees were unprofessional, unorganized and disrespectful. (ESPECIALLY at the front desk, including a young woman who seemed to be the manager.) I guess since rooms get booked up at The Dells, that they think they don't have to do much - people will book there anyway. But that shouldn't decrease their work ethic or pride in their property. Incidentally, the next night, we went to the Kalahari for our first visit ever. WOW -what a difference!! It was like night and day compared to the Polynesian. We'll NEVER go back to the Polynesian - they do not deserve our business.

Room Tip: if you want a good room, don't book at this hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank ang_arm
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stay in a hotel approximately 45 times a year. We have stayed in $99 a night hotels and $800 a night hotels. We paid $160 before taxes for 1 night. I can honestly state that my recent experience at this hotel was the worst experience which I have had in many years. We would have left and demanded a full refund but having checked the other hotels in the area, we could not find a vacancy.

Cleanliness and Maintenance:
* Beds looked to have been slept in and straightened, there were head imprints and wrinkles on the linens
* Toilet was filled with fecal waste that had sat so long it had principally dissolved and caked into a ring around the waterline
* Pubic hairs on the bathroom floor and behind the toilet seat
* Urine stains under the toilet seat
* Dirty footprints and stains on the floor of the bathtub
* Hair on the sink vanity
* Unrecognizable white goo on the floor outside the bathroom
* Handprints, skin oil, and other large thick smears on glass surfaces
* The TV was malfunctioning and could not be watched (rolling and distorted picture)
* Sofa sleeper stained and dirty
* Carpet generally dirty
* Towels had been replenished but no hand towels or washcloths

Services:
* When a cleaning crew was sent it turned out not to be a cleaning crew but instead two teenage boys who stated they did small maintenance projects. The cleaned the feces out of the toilet and wiped down the sink, provided hand towels, and then stated they could not do anything else for us. They stated that all of the beds in the hotel were wrinkled and looked slept in and did not change the sheets. They blamed incompetent cleaning staff.
* The staff was short, snippy, and rude when we inquired about the cleaning. They asked me to come down to the front desk where they would reassign us to a clean room. After walking the entire length of the complex and arriving at the desk, they then informed me they did not have another room. The desk clerk stated that at that moment, they had 8 families all demanding new rooms due to cleanliness or maintenance issues
* The staff was even more disagreeable on the phone when my wife inquired about a repair to the TV system
* Wifi was only available in the lobby

Exterior:
* The landscaping was overgrown and weedy in the rear of the hotel

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family