“Decent place to stay”

Polynesian Resort Hotel
Ranked #59 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I along with another couple stayed at the Polynesian in August 2013. We had a one bedroom room which has a bedroom with a king bed and then a pull-out couch in the "living room" area. Upon check-in we were welcomed by the desk person and treated great! She had a great attitude and was very helpful and friendly. We asked questions/spoke to her a couple other times during our stay and she was always great. Upon entering our room it was hot! We cranked the ac and it was cooled down in no time. We pulled out the couch bed and discovered it was broken. We called the front desk and the maintenance guy came and replaced the whole couch! We kind of helped him maneuver the old one out and the new one in because it really isn't a one man job. We didn't mind helping. We then called down for sheets and more pillows. They arrived in a timely manner. Overall the room was clean but dated. Our room overlooked the outside pool and had a little balcony with two chairs and a small table. Really needs a remodel but wasn't bad. Let me say that the pull-out couch is not comfortable at all. The bar in the middle pushes up and you end up with your head lower than the rest of your body. The sheets don't fit well either. I would never stay on one again! Later that evening we went to the indoor pool. The hot tub was nice but the swimming pool was really cloudy. This was the only experience with the pools we had. The wifi is only available in the hotel lobby and doesn't work very well. I was having a hard time connecting and the lady told me to try restarting my computer. It didn't work so I gave up. Overall it was a decent place to stay for the price. Don't know if we would stay again, but maybe.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Polynesian Resort Hotel

Reviewed August 12, 2013

we stayed for 1 night and that was long enough. everything is dumpy...old..nasty. the worst of all has to be the hot tubs...they look like toilet water...you can't see the bottom and the water looks thick...we will never ever go back.

Room Tip: i would suggest going somewhere else as my tip for the day.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jeepers60050
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed in June, 2013 for one week. Staff very helpful. Hotel is overall quiet and family-oriented. Furnishings are a bit dated, but clean. Staff had to come and make some repairs while I was there. But, for the very reasonable price, no complaints. Located just off the main drag of the Dells and near the Paul Bunyon restaurant -- sooo convenient. Much better to stay there than at a place a few exits away. water park was a few doors down the hall from any room and has features for any age, but is geared more for young kids. Would definitely stay there again, especially as weekly rate is so reasonable. The benefits of this place are gained from a long stay, not a one-or two- night stopover. Met several people in pool who were all return guests on family vacations.

Another BIG advantage of the rooms is that they can comfortably sleep SIX. There are two queen size beds, then a half wall partition with a sitting area/ pull-out couch. So, You can put the kids to sleep and stay up with no conflict.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Great property for great price. Wonderful and helpful staff make for grandstay. Pool areas and Pool Bar makes for fun time. Excellent for families. Convenient to all the Dells has to offer. We will definitely return to the Polynesian!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Jene B
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Just spent a week at the Polynesian resort in the dells. It was great! Fun hotel, wonderful staff, great time.Evan has several bars throughout the facility. Found the staff extreamly helpful. Already made plans to come back next year.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Had great time at the Polynesian water park . Meet friends their all had great time .I checked in 3 am staff was very helpfully in getting me to my room quickly so I could get some sleep
Sincerely Kevin Gall

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We recently stayed here and we had a great check in. The front desk ladies were very friendly and prompt on checking us in. The rooms are dated and the tvs are older but when I am on vacation I am not there to watch tv. Outside my kids and I went the Pirate Ship looked newly painted this season and I could not keep the kids away from it they loved it! The lazy River was most relaxing in the 80 degree weather. The lifeguards were very professional. Later in the night my husband and I enjoyed a signature drink at the Outdoor Tiki Bar, the bartenders were very friendly. We also ate at the Indoor Tiki Bar where they have their own in house pizza that was great!! My children did the property scavenger hunt which kept them busy for over a hour and ended in the large game room located by the Outlook Bar above the water park where they recived a prize. We needed more towels later that night and so I called the Front Desk and they brought us some right away! Over all we cant wait to book a return winter stay with them to take advantage of the winter ski package.

Room Tip: 2nd Floor Private Belcony overlooking the waterpark.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family