We picked this hotel only because I had hotel points to redeem, and the hotels I wanted wouldnt accept point for the weekend. I figured it couldnt be THAT bad, we are not terribly picky people.
I was able to check in early on a saturday, which was great since we were just in the car for 2.5 hours and my daughter was dying to go swimming. There were flies all over in the lobby, but I ignored that. Got to our room and PU! What a stench! I couldnt tell what it was, kind of like mold + b.o.? I opened the window but we were on ground floor facing the parking lot so we couldnt leave it open while we were out. The shower had a fresh coffee cup ring on the side of the tub. Not sure if housekeeping had coffee, or if it was cleaned at all. The carpet and the furniture almost had a greasy sheen to it. I kept telling my daughter to put a towel down under her butt on the couch, it was so nasty.
We get to the waterpark, and it would have been great if the water wasnt 50 degrees. Granted the weather that day was only 70, but we couldnt swim in ANYTHING outside. It was torture going in even up to your thighs. So we had to do the indoor pools-- so gross. The lazy river and big slide were CLOSED saturday. The only options we had were the indoor pool, full of about 100 people, or one of 2 hot tubs thAT HAD ABOUT 4 inches of brown scuzzy foam on them. Thye big pool was so disgusting, you couldnt even see the bottom, it was so murky. I kept feeling chunks of stuff under my feet and was completely grossed out but tried not to complain because of course my 4 year old daughtrer didn't notice. There were band aids and smashed crackers all soggy by the pool, and the next day still there. So gross.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Polynesian offers a variety of room styles to choose from - King rooms, Queen Rooms, Two Bedroom Suites, & Luxury Suites - one is sure to accommodate your family's stay in Wisconsin Dells. IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The resort is undergoing improvements during 2015 and select areas will be restricted due to these improvements. We make every effort to offer alternatives but will occasionally be unable to do so. Thank you for your understanding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Polynesian Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Polynesian Resort Wisconsin Dells