“BEWARE!! Drive to Elroy if you have must for decent hotel.”

Polynesian Resort Hotel
Ranked #58 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“BEWARE!! Drive to Elroy if you have must for decent hotel.”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I usually stay at Days Inn, Motel 8, and other economy motels/hotels and for this trip I decided to splurge a little. This is what I got for over $200/night:

1. 1- 35" Box TV (yes, the kind even Pawn America doesn't accept anymore)
2. 9 channels
3. a curtain with no less than 20 holes in it
4. the most uncomfortable, hard, flat King bed ever
5. 5-small, flat worn down pillows
6. moist carpet
7. damp air
8. Guest Service Desk personnel flirting with other workers instead of assisting customers
9. No internet connection- NONE.

Giving this hotel a 1-rating is very generous. I will never, EVER stay or recommend this place ever! I plan on sharing my experience with anybody and everybody.

Drive to Elroy or Reedsburg if you must, but DO NOT stay at this hotel. Not worth your money at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anthony W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Reviewed August 5, 2012

They don't have a shuttle, or a full blow resturant on site. But the staff was friendly and helpful. They have a nice little lazy river and two decent water slides. Really enjoyed our week here. Was quiet and not that far from anything. Would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Buddha2113
Milwaukee, Wi
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My two young kids liked the water slides eventhough they looked over 20 years old. The frog slide had cracks in it and the rest of the pool slides looked pretty old. I am not sure if all the lifeguards understood english. We asked one a question and he just looked at the other one and said something in a foreign language. The hotel room smelled really musty. I did do a bug bed check. There were none. My husband said the men's bathroom was disgusting and still was not cleaned the next day.
The location was nice because it was a short drive to the restaurants and Noah's Ark.

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We experienced very short lines, which was great for my impatient 3 and 5 year old children. The waterslides were perfect for each of them. The beds were quite hard and the pillows only about 3 inches thick. Not comfortable. Our room cleanliness and quality was satisfactory. No internet. Reasonably priced adult beverages.

• Stayed August 2012
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel stay was all problems from the moment of checkin where they had booked us in two different rooms for each night. This means we arrived at 1 am to stay for our first night and had to check out at 11 am the next morning. We were told we could put our bags in our car for the 5 hours until we could check back in to the new room at 4 pm. It was a miscommunication with our booking partner on their part because I was on hold while my agent verified both nights would be the same room, which was the reason we came in late the night before so we could get up and get going rather then wait till four to check in. No help or sympathy from anyone on staff. So when we finally got to our room the carpets were still wet from a recent shampoo, at 1 am... It smelled like Lysol and mold and I was afraid to touch anything because when I put my hand on the headboard it fell off the wall onto the bed. Really safe. At this point we decide there is no reason to stay here on night 2 after how we've been treated and the condition of the room. The air conditioner also wasn't working. This was in 100 degree weather. So we call our booking partner and cancel asking to verify no charges would be added and the front desk called to verify there would be no charges. We had to book another hotel. Hilton garden inn which we've stayed often and I highly recommend. A week later I get my credit card statement and find out they charged us for both nights. It was post dated a few nights after our reservation which is not something they should do. Why was my credit card still in their system?? I received a refund but had to accept a charge of 15$. After all the time I spent on the phone fixing this it was useless. I paid 15$ and a resort fee for the first night when we clearly checked in at 1 am and weren't able to use the resort. Its part of their package I understand but at this point I feel like theyve taken enough of my money without reason. I would have rather stayed at a cheap motel because service and quality were on par with what u would expect at a motel. I will never recommend this hotel to anyone there are several nice hotels in that area and this is not one of them. It also would be nice to get a full refund on the night we didn't stay simply due to all the inconvieniences we faced.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Kbhittner
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The Polynesian has some good things going for it, and yet has obviously suffered because of the economy and possibly mismanagement. On the up side, this is a small waterpark resort, and your room is close to the pool. You can even use your room bathroom instead of the public restroom located in the pool area. The pool area has great areas for young children, a lazy river and a couple of waterslides that are pretty tame. It wasn't crowded, and there is a tiki bar with kind of expensive drinks. We were able to bring in our own cups and snacks into the pool area. They were very relaxed about this. They just didn't want any alcohol brought in. Who says you can't drink beer out of a coffee cup? Our room was clean and the air conditioning was ice cold. We had a fridge so we could bring our own food and drinks. The noise from the hallway was pretty minimal even being by the door and ice machine. Check in was a breeze, and staff were all very friendly. They quickly provided us with extra linens when requested.

On the downside, there are some maintenance issues and cleanliness issues outside. The cave hot tub outside is closed and is apparently available for rent during a massage, according to the sign. They serve food, but don't expect anything fancy--it's convenient at most. Also, if you don't like classic rock, you're out of luck. They played it in the pool area until 9pm each night. I like it, but could get very sick of it quickly.

This is a nice place to go for a chill little vacation with your kids if you can overlook its' flaws. It's definitely convenient and relaxed, which is just my style. The kids loved it, and that's really all that matters.

Room Tip: Ground level poolside room is the most convenient.
South Beloit, Illinois
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We were in town for a basketball tournament and didn't want to spend a ton of money at one of the bigger waterpark resorts because we didn't know how much time we would have to enjoy it. We thought the Polynesian was a good option.......price was great and still had the waterpark features. BIG MISTAKE!!! This hotel is a dump! Our room was extremely damp and smelled like mold and mildew. The bathroom had a ton of mold on the ceiling. The carpet was disgusting. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and the springs soundend like they were going to break when you sat on the beds. We had a 1st floor room and the window had no lock on it.......Big Safety Concern! The hotel staff was very unfriendly and not very helpful. The pool areas both in and out were dirty.....the water was somewhat cloudy and there were leaves all over the bottom. Overall, this place is extremely run down and in need of desperate repairs and upgrades. I wish I would have listened to all the negative reviews because I definately would have changed my reservation to a different hotel.

1 Thank Jenna V