The Polynesian has some good things going for it, and yet has obviously suffered because of the economy and possibly mismanagement. On the up side, this is a small waterpark resort, and your room is close to the pool. You can even use your room bathroom instead of the public restroom located in the pool area. The pool area has great areas for young children, a lazy river and a couple of waterslides that are pretty tame. It wasn't crowded, and there is a tiki bar with kind of expensive drinks. We were able to bring in our own cups and snacks into the pool area. They were very relaxed about this. They just didn't want any alcohol brought in. Who says you can't drink beer out of a coffee cup? Our room was clean and the air conditioning was ice cold. We had a fridge so we could bring our own food and drinks. The noise from the hallway was pretty minimal even being by the door and ice machine. Check in was a breeze, and staff were all very friendly. They quickly provided us with extra linens when requested.
On the downside, there are some maintenance issues and cleanliness issues outside. The cave hot tub outside is closed and is apparently available for rent during a massage, according to the sign. They serve food, but don't expect anything fancy--it's convenient at most. Also, if you don't like classic rock, you're out of luck. They played it in the pool area until 9pm each night. I like it, but could get very sick of it quickly.
This is a nice place to go for a chill little vacation with your kids if you can overlook its' flaws. It's definitely convenient and relaxed, which is just my style. The kids loved it, and that's really all that matters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Polynesian offers a variety of room styles to choose from - King rooms, Queen Rooms, Two Bedroom Suites, & Luxury Suites - one is sure to accommodate your family's stay in Wisconsin Dells. IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The resort is undergoing improvements during 2015 and select areas will be restricted due to these improvements. We make every effort to offer alternatives but will occasionally be unable to do so. Thank you for your understanding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Polynesian Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Polynesian Resort Wisconsin Dells