“Money Saver in the Dells” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Polynesian Resort Hotel

Polynesian Resort Hotel
Ranked #59 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Money Saver in the Dells”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Comparing waterpark resorts in the Dells, this is hands down the best deal. 2 indoor waterslides that are above average, & a lazy river indoors. Outdoor slides & multiple pools plus an adventure river, all for a very reasonable price anytime of year. Check there website for specials & they are worth it. Friendly staff & they take care of you. We enjoyed all the amenties they had to offer. I have stayed here multiple times & will be back for sure.

Room Tip: Suggest the 2 room suites, I prefer the 1st floor, but have stayed on 2nd floor also
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank bfish12345

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Middleton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The properties may be a bit older...but excellent price for both indoor and outdoor waterpark fun. Wide variety of accomodations with very nice public areas.
Outdoor pool area has water fun for the entire family...and the Tiki Bar serves great
drink and food. Polynesian staff is excellent and work hard to make for enjoyable stays.

Room Tip: Double Queen Sofa rooms are spacious and very nice.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jene B
Prior Lake
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

we stayed at the main hotel once before and hated it....dirty room...food left in fridge from previous guest not cleaned out.....then the polynesian bought out the motel next door that use to be the Dells Eagle...We use to stay at it when it was the dells eagle and loved it...so we decided to give that a try and booked two nights there....MISTAKE....once the polynesian got ahold of it the place went down hill..the pool was disgusting! tiles missing from floor around the pool...the rooms were gross....we decided to leave the next day and only stay the one night..they wouldnt even refund our money! I had to turn them into the better business bureau to finally get a refund....you would be better off sleeping in your car than at this place! it would be cleaner

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Kay T

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Me and my new husband stayed here for a quick getaway, and I was so upset when we got to our room..Before we got upstairs the hallways smelled very wet (kinda like mildew). Entering the.room my mouth almost hit the floor.
1.OUTDATED EVERYTHING! (Tv, drapes, carpets, bedding)
2.NO WIFI (we had to locate the hotpot in the lobby)
3.ONLY 6 tv channels (that might be too many)
4. The bed was so hard it felt like we slept on concrete!

I did enjoy the indoor pool AND THATS IT!

I felt sooooo uncomfortable I wanted to find another hotel or go home.
I SHOULD HV SPENT MY MONEY AT THE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS!
*As, people say "u get what you pay for"*

• Stayed May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Johnettawood
Gurnee, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

This hotel was terrible. The rooms were filthy and outdated. It took an hour to check in even though there was only a couple people in front of us. They put charges on your bill that it says are "Removed after checkout, IF requested". Read your bill carefully for these small hidden charges. Half the pools were not even filled with water or working due to a pipe leak they said. They were closed the whole time we were there. Would never, ever stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Joliet, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I was a little worried about our trip reading all the negative reviews. I admit it is not the "newest looking" resort, but it is very, very clean (NO bad smelling rooms!! :) And I was not worried to step on the carpet barefoot after a shower) and suitable for small children. The staff was helpful and polite. We went off season (got a great deal over Easter break) so the resort was not crowded at all. We had a very nice, relaxing long weekend there. We are a family of 5. My three boys, ages 5, 3 and 2 enjoyed the "kiddie pool" right by the water-basketball pool. The water was cool, but warm enough so that they could spend extended periods in the water without turning into icicles. Also there were no older kids who bullied around the little ones! The resort provides you with an endless supply of pool towels (ones with a blue stripe on them, so you can tell them apart from your bathroom towels that should remain the room) This resort has two indoor pool areas, (both with hot tubs). One at one end close to the lobby, with a kiddie pool equipped with a sprinkler bar, 4 buckets that occasionally spill water into the pool (these are the the "deeper end" (which is still shallow), a small slide in the middle and even bouncy swings for babies (at the "shallow end"). The 2nd pool in there is the water basketball pool for older kids and grown ups, they also have a sauna here. On the other end they have a pirate-themed lazy river with inflatable one or two person boats or inner tubes (you can fit 2 kids and and adult on the double), a large two-story slide and the "water factory" which is a shallow kids pool with water splashing everywhere through sprinklers and a larger slide in the middle of it. You can't double slide on that one, so my 2 and 3 year olds were a bit disappointed as I couldn't slide down with them. Also, the water in the water factory is on the colder side... so we spent most of our time on the other end, in the kiddie pool. Pros: - Great off-season prices - Great location and service - Suitable for families with small children - Cleanliness - Plenty of towels by the pool.... Cons: - Their wifi connection only works in the lobby - The breakfast "bar" is a joke. It's set up in the corner of the gift shop, overpriced with no selection - The gift shop offers nothing that I'd buy. I only saw cheap looking, poor quality non-sense items and some overpriced clothing items - Pool towels are a bit rough and a bit small - Resorts does need some upgrades.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Momwithexpectations
Winona, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I had stayed at this hotel a few years back and it was actually not that bad for the price but needed upgrading. But in 2 years it went considerably down. The only thing that was ok was the waterpark. The rooms are in desperate need of an upgrade. Furniture and decor is so out of date and worn. Our room was not clean and the bedding looked so old and disgusting that I could not bring myself to sleep in it. The bathroom looked as it had been barely wiped down. There was hair (not ours) all over. The occupants that were there previously to us had even left a comment card (that the housekeeper did not pick up) and it said how terrible their stay was and how gross the hotel was. By the third time I found hair (that again, was NOT ours) I had had enough. I called down to the front desk and told them that I wanted our bill ready as we were checking out. We had our 1 year old son (who was sleeping) with us and I didn't want any delay in checking out. I was told they would call me back after speaking to the manager. The manager, very rudely informed me that we would NOT be getting a refund for our stay (even though I never asked for one). She told me that since we had stayed for most of the day (2:00 until 8:00) that we would be charged full price for use of the waterpark?! I told them I didn't even care that we would NEVER be back to such a disgusting place. We packed up our kids that night and drove the 1 1/2 hours home to sleep in our own beds. And I am so glad we did! Total waste of $200!! If you have kids and you are looking for a getaway--THIS IS NOT IT! Save your money and go elsewhere, even a nice hotel with just a pool. You will be disappointed and ripped off if you go with this hotel.

Room Tip: Save your money and sleep in your own bed at home. These rooms are disgusting!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family