“Great Value, Good Hotel”

Polynesian Resort Hotel
Ranked #59 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed June 16, 2011

This hotel was priced right for us, I am very picky, and have not stayed outside of the Wilderness Hotel. This year to save money, my husband suggested staying here. I was very nervous and said okay. While the hotel is dated, it was clean and quiet. The kids loved the waterpark and we will definately be back. Before I had kids and traveled for work, I preferred down comforters in the rooms, now a frugal stay at home mom, I want quality for the price. They don't have down comforters, but the rooms are very clean and the ammenities are bath and body works, kind of fun :) If you have any hesitation like I did, but want to save money, give the Polynesian Isle a try, it saved us alot of money and we still had fun!! :) BTW- The staff was so nice, Britany checked us in and seemed to always be there, what a great person to represent your hotel :)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank QualitybutFrugal
There are newer reviews for Polynesian Resort Hotel

Reviewed June 10, 2011

We went with a 9 year old and a 10 year old and I see that people say its for little kids they had a lot of fun! The hotel wwas very nice and clean and the staff was very friendly. Located in a very great place in the Dells and we were able to get to nice resturaunts and waterparks. The place has a nice theme and we will totally be back again soon!

Room Tip: Waterslides and indoor pool are great for kids!
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank jj1234567
Reviewed June 3, 2011

My family and i stayed at this hotel last year and we were pretty impressed. The lobby was georgeous, and the waterpark was very nice. The only thing we didn't enjoy was the beds were fairly uncomfortable. Overall we really enjoyed our stay, and we will be staying there again this summer :)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Let's be honest, the Dells are not cheap, but the Polynesian does give you good value for your money. My kids are 8 and 6, and while the indoor waterpark is small, they had a great time. The food at the hotel left a little to be desired so we ate out (fast food near by) and the beds were uncomfortable. But for less than 1/2 the price of the bigger resorts, we got our monies worth. The staff is very friendly and the place is clean. Definitely not a 5 star resort, but it doesn't advertise itself to be that. If you need a cheap getaway on a tight budget, this is the place!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the pool if you have kids.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Depends on what your preference is. Great for toddlers (20 months) during off season. Not too expensive for someone too young to fully enjoy a large water park. The indoor water park is mostly for young, not teenagers. Fridge in room helps when you need milk. Perkins is right next door so you don't have to drive.

Room was NOT comfortable. Beds lumpy, pillows flat. People yelling in the hallway 11:00 at night. Thin walls so room was noisy until people went to bed. Price was not too bad but I think we will look around for our next stay. From what I read, this may still be our best choice when traveling with a toddler

Room Tip: Middle of hotel on first floor for swimming
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Go_GreenBay
Reviewed March 27, 2011

We booked a 2 room suite at this hotel to accomidate my wife, 3 year old, mom, sister and fiance. The hotel and waterpark is off the path from the rest of the hustle and bustle of the Dells, which is nice. The waterpark is relatively small when compared to other hotels like this. It is very nice for small children though. My 3 year old had fun. The lazy river was super small, as well as the pool.
The hotel and rooms are a different story. The hotel is definately showing its age, and needs major updating. The rooms were ok at best. Dirty floors, peeling paint everywhere, and beds were uncomfortable. When we got into the room, there was only a half a roll of toilet paper in the bathroom, with no extra to be found. Excuse me?!!? A 2 room suite with a potential of 6 people in a room and only a half a roll?!?! The front desk was responsive with that complaint.
I most likely won't be coming to this hotel again due to the vaiety of other hotels in the area with better quality, but I have to admit I have stayed in worse hotels.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank tripleeric
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Where to begin? First, the Polynesian was everything they advertise that it is. The front desk staff were absolutely the nicest people i've ever dealt with in a resort setting. They were extremely friendly, helpful, attentive....just great people. The maintance man had to help me fix the safe in the room after I messed it up. He was at the room in about one minute after I called the front desk. The cleaning staff were outstanding....they cleaned our rooms spotless...and i'm sure it wasn't easy, being there were our four kids in there..lol The manager...was very personable...if there was any situation...he'd get on it. What a nice man. My grandchildren had the trip of their lives....guarenteed they will never forget it. And, neither will my daughter or myself. Thank you to all of you at the Polynesian. Oh, almost forgot! The pools were awesome!!!!! We'll be back...no sooner did we get in the car and the grandchildren were saying..."when can we come back??" Thank you so very much for just being so nice.....and professional....and all around great people. xo

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family