“Disgusting!!!!!”

Ranked #35 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Hobe Sound, Florida
“Disgusting!!!!!”
Reviewed June 15, 2006

What a horrible experience!! We thought we were getting a deal on our room at $150 a night, but we later stayed at the Wilderness in a much nicer room for $135 which of course included their huge indoor/outdoor waterpark. Anyway, when we got to our room at the Atlantis the room smelled horribly. We got a can of air freshner, but did not help. There were a ton of small children running around without swim diapers and NO ONE ever patrols the water area for any reason. Dirty towels everywhere.

The next morning we went to their outdoor area (VERY SMALL) and there was vomit on one of the slides. We informed the front desk and they later came to "spray it down" but it was not totally cleaned up.....then after lunch we returned to the same pool and there was a condom laying by the pool. We again informed the front desk and they sent someone out with a glove to pick up the condom. They did not disinfect the area or anything. Then ANOTHER condom was found!!! UGH the front desk seemed irritated that we even brought it to their attention. Even if the condoms were a joke...they should never assume!! Called the next day to inform the Manager and she could of cared less. We told her no one patrolled the area as long as we were there and she insisted that wasn't true and became argumentative.......I WOULD NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. there are sooo many other places that are nicer and cost less or about the same.....Sue, Madison, WI

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank gettingcranky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Reviewed June 13, 2006

Last minute reservations and they had the Mermaid Suite (Smoking) available...The hotel looks nice from the outside-including the lobby but rooms are much different. Hotel staff was polite--not dressed very professionally--actually dressed in street clothes! The hotel has a very strong chlorine smell--Upon entering our tiny room (suite)on the first floor--We were suprised to find a small whirlpool--a dirty yellow chadelier hanging from the ceiling--and a small bathroom--older model TV......an old humidifier...and floors were dirty and the room wreaked of smoke........I am a smoker and still could not handle the strong smell. The couch had several stains on it, and the mirror above the whirpool was streaky and dirty. The staff was polite when we explained that the room was not up to "our standards"-they offered us a newer room........Unfortunately, what we walked into was enough for us to say "No" we would find another hotel...........They did refund our money.

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Reviewed May 1, 2006

This is a hotel where you can relax & watch kids play. We have 2 children; a meek 6 year old & a wild 3 year old and this was great for them. Rooms very basic. Not dirty but not immaculate. My children played happily at the kiddie area for over an hour while I could sit & relax. Yes, a few of the rubber animals were cracked or ripped a little, but we didn't care. I did not find that the floor hurt anyone's feet as some others have on this review board. I am also a pool wimp and the temperature was acceptable. When I swam, I liked the pool that is frequently empty by the front desk. Improvements I'd like to see: the kiddie pool has a step down - not zero entry & there was not a life guard. I did like that there was a bar in the pool area & we brought in our own snacks. I only wish the hot tub was right next to the kiddie play area so I could soak, drink, & supervise the kids. I wouldn't rave to friends but I would definately return to this hotel. We paid only $59 in April 2006. We can't even get a local hotel with a pool for that price.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 23, 2006

Very clean hotel, friendly staff, however late at night we heard some obviously very drunk people fighting the floor above us. This went on late into the night and nothing was done to correct the problem by the hotel staff. We had a Mermaid suite and the room was cleaned very well every day. Decent value for a decent hotel.

Reviewed April 16, 2006

we had booked a room in a mermaid suite and were told that we would have a balcony well when we arrived we noticed there was not a balcony we called the front desk and the night manager megan gave us a differnt room and refunded us the difference she was very nice and also gave us free breakfast at denny's it was a great experience and we would stay agian

Stayed April 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago
Reviewed April 15, 2006

My son and I stayed at the Atlantis 2 nights during his Spring Break. He had a blast, he of course enjoyed it more than I did. I must admit that I was a little leary after reading some of the reviews, but I decided to take a chance and go see for myself.

I really did enjoy it we stayed in a standard double queen room with a balcony no frills but the price was only $54 a night, so you can't expect the Waldorf Astoria. My son is 8 yrs old and he is a non swimmer and he absolutely loved the kiddie pools. We did go over to Mt Olympus/Bay of Dreams, though it was nice my son had a better time right there at the Atlantis. I just wish I would have known this before hand so that I would not have spent 40 bucks on the same type of kiddie pool we had the the Atlantis for free.

On the down side there was no resturant in the hotel other than a small grill located near the pool. I read in another review that the pool was "scratchy" I had no idea what that meant until I went there and walked on the pool floor with my bare feet, and let me tell you it was VERY uncomfortable so I had to run back to the room for my aqua socks. The staff was OK they were just nice enough to slide by, but they could use a course in Customer Service Skills 101.

The Atlantis is true to the fact that it is meant for children 11 and under, if you have older children they might get bored. This property is perfect for little ones nad non swimmers because of the pools. The rooms were clean and the beds were nice and comfy. I will absolutely go back.

2 Thank ChicagoMommie
Reviewed February 27, 2006

We stayed in the off season. Our daughter had a great time in the water park. I would not recommend for older kids. It may be better now. I see they have update the pool area. We paid 49.99 a night for a room with a juccuzi tub. It is great for a midweek get away.

We also had a great time at the deer park and still found plenty to do even with all of the big parks closed

• Stayed October 2002