“Loved it!!! Wish we cold have stayed longer!”

Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Ranked #37 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed August 20, 2009

My family of 10 in all with children between ages 8-18 taking a family vacation can be very expensive. But we found this lovely hotel w/Mt.Olympus tickets for every one in our suite, just had to pay a little extra for the 2 smallest. Having a separate bedroom in our suite for our teenagers (4) was great for all. The place was very clean and the housekeeping which looked like teenagers were nice and did a great job with our suite. The small waterpark was fun for the smallest children and the pool was alright for the teenage boys to play basketball and both did not have life guards, but if anyone is concerned about their children they can sit around and watch after them. The Mt.Olympus Water and Theme Park was the best for all. Go-Carts, Roller Coasters, Bumper Rides, kids rides and the Water slides and Raging Tidal Waves was Awesome for the whole family!!! I truly recommend the place and all the ammenities around.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed August 5, 2009

Me & hubby stayed one night this past July. We stayed in the Mermaid Suite, which has overhead mirror with twinkling lites over the king size bed & whirlpool. The room was clean with plenty of towels & extra pillows & blanket. The bed was amazingly comfortable. The inside swimming pool looked very clean w/basketball hoop. Bar is close to the pool, so we sat & dangled our feet in the water while we sipped our drinks. I love that they gave us free tickets to the Mt. Olympus waterpark! Very enjoyable stay for us & would definitely recommend the Atlantis Hotel!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2009

The hotel is not in the greatest of condition, but it is okay. Consider it like a Las Vegas hotel room; you're really not supposed to be spending much time in the actual room itself. Our three-year-old loved the pool areas, and having the indoor facilities is a nice touch in the cooler weather. I liked the options for the different pools. Again, some of the facilities aren't in the best of shape, but restroom facilities in the indoor pool spaces on the fourth floor looked like they have been upgraded relatively recently.

There are definitely fancier places (Great Wolf Lodge and the Kalahari) that will cost you more, and you can go shabbier but with free passes to Mt. Olympus, which is a really nice place to spend a day. The best advice I got from somebody at Mt. Olympus who mentioned that they got a good deal for a renovated room at The Riviera plus the free Mt. Olympus passes. So, with hindsight being 20-20, I'd aim for The Riviera in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2009

This hotel was pretty unclean, in need of maintenance and had no "waterpark" attached to it as its name implies. I stayed here with two of my kids (ages 5 and 7 1/2) while my husband was out-of-town on business. This was supposed to be something special for the younger ones to do since my 10 year-old would be at horseback riding camp. The plan was to drop off their older sister, then drive the additional distance to the Dells and spend the night. I checked out the website on-line and thought it looked fun and liked the impression it gave of being a smaller waterpark for younger kids. The hotel's big tag line is "perfect for kids 11 and under". By the time we arrived, it was late (4 PM) and the first thing I noticed was my room smelled like smoke. Because I was only there for one night, my kids hadn't eaten yet, we had just spent 4 hours driving throughout Wisconsin (for horse camp and then the Dells) and my kids just wanted to be at the "waterpark", I didn't make an issue of the smell with the office. Instead, I took my LYSOL can and sprayed everywhere, including the carpet. We rushed to get suits on and check out the fun. We were in the lobby pools (inside and outside) for about 2 hours. The safety railings for the outside pools were loose and wobbly. The inside pool was freezing. The "attractions" in the pool were very basic (a slide in each pool, one basketball net, one "whirlpool" feature). The deck seating was uncomfortable and cheap, and there was some kind of white stuff dripping from the shelter over the hot tub. The only fun was the whirlpool feature. We left those pools and as we went to our room, I smelled cigarette smoke coming from another room in our hall. We got dressed, went to dinner, and returned back around 8:00 PM. By then, I took time to notice how crappy the room really was...The carpet was bumped up in two areas, the whole room was in need of fresh painting, the couch looked dirty. I couldn't even tell if the bathroom floor had been washed or not, although the counter and toilet looked clean. I sprayed the entire bathroom with LYSOL. My 5 year old could not bathe as there was no tub - it was the handicap shower for wheelchairs. And, there was no mattress pad or mattress sheet on the bed! It was just a flat sheet stretched across the King sized bed. By this time, it was 8:30 PM, my kids were exhausted and wanted to go to sleep. I should have called to complain and switch rooms, but we were all tired and were leaving early the next day. At 8 AM the next morning, we went to the "big 16,000 square foot waterpark" on the 4th floor for 30 minutes. It was two pools. The one pool was only 6 inches deep and had a few slides, fountains and other basic items. The other pool had a basketball net. On the website, they show kids climbing on the animal statues in the pool. In reality, there are signs posted all over the pool stating that the animal statues are not to be climbed upon. I kept thinking my 10 year old would have been disappointed by this place. We have better "waterparks" at park districts near our home. There is NO waterpark here - just a series of pools. I complained to the manager when I checked out the next day. She seemed to write things down, but I wouldn't be surprised if she just tossed the information into the garbage after I left.

Reviewed July 10, 2009

I stayed in the hotel with my husband, 2 yr old son, 14 and 12 yr old cousins and 11 yr old sister. We really liked it. The older kids were alittle bored but we didnt come there for them, it was for my son. They had a blast with our free mt olympus tickets. The game room was nice and everything was only one token (or 25 cents). The room was clean and a good size refrigerator. We had a total of 6 people and only had to pay 96.99$ which included free mt olympus tickets which was only 75 yrds away. How can you go wrong!?! Definetely would stay here again.

Reviewed May 26, 2009

The only thing that made the stay worth it were the olympus tickets. The hotel was dingy, didn't have a lot of basic amenities, and the service was not very clear or friendly. No internet in the rooms and to access it you have to lug your computer to the lobby where there are only two chairs. You aren't able to take towels from the hotel to mount olympus waterpark. Most of the balconies overlook parking and our balcony (in the suite) had cigarette ashes and buds all over it. The appliances are super outdated and tricky to use. There is no dvd player, but at least they had cable in the rooms. I'd recommend just paying a little bit more to stay at a nicer place.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2009

Lets start off with the good. Great pool and "water park" area for small children, which is why we chose the Atlantis. Our daughter who is almost 3 had a blast, running all over and splashing. That pool had a max depth of 1' 2" I believe. So just right for her size. The slides were perfect for her too. Not too intimidating for her size, and I saw plenty of adults going down with their kids. Average age was probibly 2-6. Any older than 8 or 10 it might of been a little boring. There was also an adult pool that went from 3-5 feet deep. And a jacuzzi. A decent game room with more ticket winning games than arcade, although i never saw where you redeemed the tickets, maybe the gift shop? Don't know.
There was another indoor pool by the lobby and and nice outdoor setup, but it was kinda cool when we were there.
The room was very nice, more than enough room for the three of us. We got the "King Neptune" suite which had two rooms, a 3 person jacuzzi, a fireplace, 3 t.v.s, fridge, and microwave. We had "The Pizza Pub" deliver us dinner right to our room, which was fast and really good. You got 2 bucks off a large pizza for staying there.
Also included in our room was free passes to Mt. Olympus water park., which we didn't use because we thought it was a little too much for a little kid. But still nice
Atlantis was located right next to Storybook Gardens/ Timbavati wild life park, which was a really fun time, make sure to feed the giraffes.

Now for the bad, which is minimal. The movie rentals, in our room at least, did not work. And the front desk had no solution but to tell me to try the automated help line. No luck there. Then about half of the 15 or so channels went out, mostly all locals like NBC, ABC, FOX, so on. Again the front desk was no help, saying they had a channel line-up change recently, but the channels had worked earlier, so I don't know. One lamp had no bulb, less than half a roll of toilet paper and no shampoos in the bathroom.
Biggest problem by far was the herd of elephants staying in the room above us. And the noise from the hall, kinda thin walls, but you get that at plenty of hotels.
All in all we had a very pleasant time and would stay again for sure, just might request a top floor room next time.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family