“dells trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Palos Hills, Illinois
“dells trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

this hotel was all in all great! I was alittle leary of some of the reviews I read online, but after speaking to the very helpful desk girl Alyssa she put my worries @ ease. this hotel is located right in the middle of the dells, close to everything! it was clean & bed bug free-that's a huge plus in my book!! the rooms were nice, if you have a favorite pillow @ home bring it, their pillows are extra soft. a lot of ppl complained about the condition of the sheets. ours were really fine, there was one tiny hole in ours but, they will glady send you new ones if you request. the other complaint was stains on the carpet or chairs- ours did have some. im sure they did their best to get them out-what can you do when people chew gum & let it get ground into the carpet? the price is excellent & you get free passes to chula vista water park (which is about a 15 min drive) in the summertime I was told they also give free tix to noahs ark -which is within walking distance. the pool & small slides are great for kids 10 & under. my son is 7 & had a great time. they keep the pool open late & arcade, which is nice. the only complaint about the pool is the water was very cold in the basketball pool upstairs one day, but the next day it was warmer. everything else was warm. I would definitely stay here again !

Room Tip: request a room on the 4th floor, its the same floor as the pool
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jaymie B, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Alyssa is new to our staff and is a excellent people person. We are lucky to have her. Thank you for taking the time to offer kind words. We find when we offer kind words to people good things come our way like your awesome review. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Waukegan, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 days, as soon as we walked into the room, the room smelled the urine. It was such a horrible smell. Our rooms were never cleaned until I had to actually call housekeeping and complain. The staff never apologized for it. We had a fridge that did NOT work. The sofa bed had stains on it. It was gross. I would definitely not spend my money on this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank rr2301
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Sorry a mistake was made. Please call to go over your comments. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Waite Park, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

when we arrived into our room the first thing I noticed was dripping water from the whirlpool in the room. I called right away to the front desk and someone came right away to investigate. The lady told me that there were no additional rooms for the night and brought more towels. She also stated that we would not have to pay for the night due to lack of other available rooms. She told me to call the front desk in the morning and speak to the manager to have the night refunded. When I called in the morning the manager said that she would not refund the night but could discount the room by 20 dollars. And the problem was still not fixed by the time we came back. The floor was still soaked and there was an obnoxious box fan in the room. It made it hard to sleep and I feel like this hotel could have done more to make our stay more enjoyable.

Room Tip: don't go here. the service is terrible and even when the whirlpool in THE WHIRLPOOL SUITE doesn...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Joshua M
Hey that is a interesting choice of words. Hmmm. Call and we can discuss the problems with your room. We shall find a solution. Thank you for taking the time to review us.
chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

A charming place for youngsters with two water play areas. Hot tub was not too chlorinated and didn't burn my eyes like at chula. My 5 year old was entertained for a few hours while I still could sit and relax while watching her. I don't think atlantis is trying to be 5 stars or the highbrow expensive resorts (ya know a steak at chulas chop house is anywhere from 50-100 bucks and add shrimp it's 150.00) were down to down to earth working class people on a mini spring break Who really only need a place to sleep not have our entire clan live in. The house keeping staff were nice as could be and offered to clean our room if we needed it. The refrigerator was a pleasant surprise and nicely sized, that was the best perk! At other resorts you have to pay for a cube type refrigerator to be brought in. Yes other people come to the hotel so you will hear noise. You do everywhere else as well. Beds and sheets were fine. And no bedbugs either.
we will come again.
It seems to be a few of the last hotels that haven't been overrun by the Greek mt Olympus theme park hotel with 15 differnt sites they cram you into. It also seems like they truly care what their customers think and review as to improve service and satisfaction. I like that, it means a better experience. I just hope they look behind the night stand to find the gummy we accidentally dropped.
Chula Vista offered one of the nicer indoor water park. With 2 body slides 3 tubes and a roller coaster tube. The kiddie play and spray has 3 slides and fun for hours.the hot tub at Chula Vista is the worst. Ewww thin film on top and burning stinging chlorine poisoning inside the water. The lazy river is freezing but other than that we had fun for about 2 hours each day of our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fine review from our kind of people. Thank you. Hard working folks here doing anything from housekeeping to bartending to front desk. Gosh darn it people like us! Thank you so much for the kind words it goes along way. Thank you
Ionia, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

We got a great deal on a two night stay in a jacuzzi room for 4 people. Once we arrived at the hotel, we realized why. There was a ceiling tile right outside our room covered in black mold. There was old candy left in the dresser. Half of the jets in the jacuzzi didn't work. The "Mermaid" bed my kids so looked forward to was a plain bed with a wooden headboard. "All new sheets and bedding" were advertised, and ours were yellow and had holes in them, one of which was stitched! Lights burnt out in the room. The "waterpark" here, ie 2 pools and a kiddie pool, were not as nice as what's pictured. Dirty water. We did have fun at Chula Vista, which was included in our purchase, but I think next time we'll pay more and stay there! Staff was friendly until you complained. Manager hung up on my husband and was extremely rude after we checked out.

4 Thank Angela K
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for your review Angela. Your concerns were first brought to my attention via your facebook positngs the morning of your check out. I like to address concerns as they arise so we can solve the problem and avoid exactly this situation. Unhappy. When I called you first that morning I spoke with your husband. I sent maintenance to replace the ceiling tile in the hallway ASAP. There was a slight water leak in the ceiling. He voiced his concerns and I explained that I would happily give you a refund for one night stay. He said he would discuss with you. I am truly sorry if you thought I hung up. Not my intention.

I just wanted to apologize and thank you for sending the state inspector. Yes I said thank you. That was his first visit here in my 14 years via a complaint. He checked all out and found a small leak in the pipe in the wall.
Working in this business I appreciate all feedback good and bad. I try my best and . I will take care of the balance on your room. I am glad you enjoyed the Wisconsin Dells area and would love you to try us again.
La Crosse, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Comfortable hotel with a convenient location near Mt. Olympus and Noah's Ark. We have stayed at the Wilderness the last two years, however this year the whole family (Grandpa & grandma, 3 more couples, a 5 yr old, 2 1/2 year old and 16 month old) was coming and to rent a condo at the Wilderness or affiliated resorts was a minimum 2 night stay and out of our price range (since it was a gift and not everyone chipping in). I liked the idea of a smaller waterpark because the larger ones can be a zoo and hard for a family to stick together. In the end we did end up using the free passes to visit Chula Vista one day, and the waterpark at the hotel the next. Chula Vista is a mid-sized park- not nearly as large as the Wilderness' multiple waterparks and wave pool, but I did find it superior to Mt. Olympus. Chula Vista does offer a lazy river, a toddler area, an area with mid-size slides for youth, and several large fast slides with most having height restrictions of 42"; so there was something for everyone. On the negative side, it was crowded, you must bring your own towels, and one kid was sad there wasn't a wave pool- but overall it was a good experience. As for Atlantis, one thing I did not realize before our stay is that there are two pool areas that are not near each other. However, each were nice and the kids had a great time playing on the slides while the adults enjoyed the hot tub. The area was well maintained and all staff were extremely nice. We stayed in one of the two largest suites and were able to tour the other as well. We stayed in the Roman Palace Suite and really enjoyed it. It's enormous. The round bed was neat, but not very comfortable. The room has a large TV, nice gas fireplace, and separate bedroom with 2 queen beds. The negatives: a chair was missing from the dining room set (odd), the hide-a-bed is truly so thin and bowed that it is unusable for adults, there is only one bathroom and the walls are paper thin. I don't know what the people above us were doing, but it sounded to us like they were pacing back and forth all night long. The Volcano Suite on fourth floor is closer to the waterpark, has a larger in-room whirlpool with a bench all the way around, but no fireplace. Overall, we had a great stay and I am already considering going back here in the future. I think you get what you pay for. If you are particular, stay at another hotel such as the Wilderness and pay 2-3x as much. If you have a young family and are okay with a slightly older hotel to save some money and still have a great getaway I think you'll enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: If you want space and are willing to splurge, get the Roman Palace (Rm 300) or Volcano Suite (Rm 400...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kclynnd
Thank you. Your comments are appreciated. You are a wise traveler in our eyes. We like the fact that you can sit comfortably at our pools and watch your children vs. the larger hotels. There you need to exercise your acrobatic skills along with your keen tracking skills to keep up with them. Thank you for all of your kind words. Our staff works hard and I love the feedback. See you soon kind traveler.
Bellevue, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here because we found an advertised special for two nights. The property (pools) need some upkeep, they are okay but not great. The kids hit the game room and most of the games were out of tickets, we found this after my daughter won the grand prize on the deal or no deal game and did not get any tickets. The hotel was hosting cheerleaders / girls basketball teams and they ran up and down the hallways for hours. Room did not overly impress me and the building seems to be a maze of stairways and elevators. Overall an okay experience.

Stayed March 2014
Thank you. Much appreciated. Glad you tried us. Hope to see you soon. We are always trying to be better. Glad the kids enjoyed it. Try us this summer when we offer free breakfast and free Noah's Ark. Yeah we went there!