Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$174
$153
HIExpress.com
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$124
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$149
All Star Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$109
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$109
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
$260
Black Hawk Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$139
Shamrock Motel Resort & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$152
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$154
Delton Grand Resort & Spa(Wisconsin Dells)
$290
All reviewsneptune suitenoah's arkfree breakfastindoor waterparkpizza publarge hot tubbar and grillnew carpetwhirlpool suitekids areacoffee makerbunk bedsgreat familymt olympusspring breakwater slidespools
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel with our two year old son. The water park looked great for little kids so I booked the night. We found someone's underwear in our night stand, multiple light bulbs were burned out, the TV remote looked like it was chewed up by a dog, there was a chair that was so stained that I wouldn't even sit on it without putting towels down, there was a nightstand with a piece of trim broken off the front which left very sharp edges (dangerous for my 2 year old), the blow dryer in the bathroom didn't work, and massive amount of hair in the jacuzzi tub. This place was disgusting! I will never be back. This hotel give WI Dells a bad name.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Stephanie Z
Jaymie B, Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you for the review. We appreciate all commentary. When I spoke with you I made sure that I credited you in full for your entire stay. We realize not everything is perfect all the time. I hope that made you happy and hope you consider us in the future. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

My husband and I stay here a couple of times during the winter months each year. The hotel is dated, but one of the better priced hotels in the area. We usually stay during Sunday’s to Thursdays and the price has been $59/per night. We are not picky people and have always found our room to be clean. You also get waterpark passes to Chula Vista waterpark, which has a much larger indoor waterpark with slides, lazy river and Jacuzzi. Make sure to walk through the hotel and find the outdoor Jacuzzi with fireplace. We also received a coupon book when we checked in that had discounts to area attractions and restaurants.

Rooms: I would ask for a 4th floor room. That way you are on the same level as the small water park and Jacuzzi area. Like I said, the room and (hotel) are outdated (carpet, wallpaper, wall hangings, sink, vanity area and bathroom), but our room has always been clean. I think all rooms that I could tell, have a patio door and balcony. The room had a refrigerator, microwave and electronic safe. They also give you sample shampoo’s and body lotions. There is a coffee maker and coffee packets along with cream and sugar to use. The room is really dark, especially the bathroom. They need to put higher watt light bulbs in their fixtures. The shower had really good water pressure!!! There are new flat screen TV’s, but I don’t know who their carrier is because it literally took 5 seconds or more to switch between channels!!! That doesn’t sound like a lot of time, but when you are trying to find something to watch, it’s annoying!!!

Waterpark: They have a small kids area with I think two little water slides and splash area. We don’t have kids, so I didn’t pay much attention to it. There is also a pool with basketball hoops on each side. It was kind of annoying with all the kids in there and balls flying all over. If you sat at a table near the pool, balls were constantly coming at you. They also have a game room and a bar and grill. The bar and grill is only open on Friday’s and Saturdays and I think Sunday morning for breakfast. The Jacuzzi is nice!!!

There is a small pool area right by check in. Nobody was using it though. One recommendation I have is putting some of their pool lounges in the indoor waterpark. All the loungers (where you can lay down) are all stored outside under the cave by the outdoor pool. The indoor waterpark is so nice and warm that it would be nice to have loungers in there for laying and taking a nap.

All in all the price was reasonable for what you got. They should have a discount if you choose not to take the Chula Vista waterpark passes. I think they pay Chula extra to be able to get the passes.

Room Tip: Ask for 4th floor to be on the same level as the main indoor waterpark.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LovetheCaribbean68
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Well thank you. That was a nice review and we appreciate all the time you took.
Thank you for spending vacations with us and we are excited to see you in the future.

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

After booking our trip for New Years Eve and New Year's Day, we decided to read more reviews. What we read did not match what we found. The reviews were unjustifiably critical. It is certainly a dated hotel, but all around you could see upgrades taking place. Old TVs being replaced with flat screens, new mattresses and bedding, new window treatments, etc. The carpet and pool area could use upgrading, but I realize that you can only do so much at once. The Chula Vista Waterpark passes were great, and the whole family had a great time. We felt we received a decent value for our money.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank PraiseOrPunish

Thank you for the kind words. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. You are a wise traveler with a keen eye. Yes we just put in 120 flat screen televisions. Replacing 210 beds was a challenge. Hard working people providing good service and travel experiences.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We recently went to the Wisconsin Dells for a little family trip. We got a groupon for the "mermaid suite" and from seeing the pictures of the room on the groupon we were pretty excited to go. My oldest daughter loves "The Little Mermaid" so when we saw that there were mermaid lights in the room we thought she would flip her wig when she saw them. Well, when we showed up my fiance went in to use the rest room after a long car ride and was stunned to find that the restroom in the little pool by the front desk was in quite a state of disrepair. There were rusted out holes in the walls and a substance that she described as "poop water" splashed on the walls. It started a running joke for the trip to see if we could find another "rust room" in the Dells. When we got to our room there were no mermaids in sight. What we did see was a decor right out of an episode of "Fresh Prince of Bel Air". The room looked like it had not been repaired in years. The lighting sconces were all crooked, the fireplace flame looked like an anemic BIC lighter and the wallpaper was falling off the wall.

We decided to just try and get past the room and see what the "water park" had to offer so we got the kids in their suits and headed down. When we got in there I was in total shock that you could call this a "water park". There were two small tube slides that were literally falling apart, another smaller slide that had the waterproof top layer peeling off, a pool side bar that was closed and what appeared to be a bullet hole in the glass right next to the hot tub. I was reluctant to even let my daughters swim but there was no way of talking a 4 year old out of doing the one thing that she had been excited about for weeks.

After the "water park" visit we retired to our room to get some rest so we could go to an actual water park at another hotel resort that we got passes to as part of the room deal. Let's just say that I've had a more restful night sleeping in a holding cell in my youth than what was offered by these beds. The hotel touted their "new" sheets and I was left wondering if they were just new to the hotel and actually purchased second hand from Goodwill or something. They had holes in pretty much every sheet and blanket but thankfully I didn't really have to use them since the timer on the fireplace broke and pumped so much heat into room over the course of the night that I was forced to turn on the air conditioner that squeaked so loudly it was as if an all night rodent rave was going on inside of it.

The next morning we decided that we needed to be moved to a room that functioned so the front desk clerk moved us to the room right next door. This room was in the same state as our original room with the added bonus of having a burnt out exhaust fan in the bathroom. My fiance and her brother went to talk to the manager and the manager agreed to move us to yet another room and assured us that maintenance and housekeeping would inspect the room to make sure everything was in working order and offered us a $12 gift certificate to a pizza place for the trouble. We found out later that the gift certificate would grant us one medium cheese pizza. When we got into the third room the pull out sofa bed was straight up broken and there were yet again holes in all of the "new" sheets. My fiance tore them off the bed and brought them right to the front desk and the manager acted like she had no idea why they would be like that.

Finally after wasting the entire morning trying to figure out this mess we decided to just check out and go to the water park resort that we had gotten passes to. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that a hotel could be so grimy and mismanaged. I really feel bad for the people that come to the Dells and are lured in by the siren song of this hotel's web page only to have their vacation destroyed by the kraken that is this poor excuse of a hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Tyrsyxen

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Quite simply the worst hotel experience I've ever had. This place is falling apart. We purchased a Groupon for this place fully expecting it to live up to its name of "waterpark" hotel. The pool was small, dirty, and the area above the slides were falling apart. Our voucher was for the Neptune suite which has a king, 2 queens, and a queen sized sofa sleeper. The room contained a barely functioning fireplace that actually was broken. It wouldn't shut off and we actually had to turn the air conditioning on to counteract the heat. Also the "new" bedding that the hotel was supposed to have had holes in it and the wallpaper was falling down. We complained to the manager and she offered to move us to another room. The second room had a broken bathroom fan so she offered to move us to a third room. The manager told us she would have someone go into the room to inspect it to make sure everything was working and the bedding was intact. We went to this new room and to our surprise and horror the bedding also had giant holes and cigarette burns in it. How does that even happen? We were told the room was inspected and it was fine. Long story short we told them to shove it and we checked out. Worst hotel ever! If you are going to the Dells make sure you stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013
6  Thank Melvintosh

Thank you for your comments.