“Spur of the moment”

Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Ranked #37 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We made a spur of the moment decision to visit the Wisconsin Dells. After booking my reservation, I called the hotel to let them know we would be a late arrival. After driving for three hours we were looking forward to a quick check-in and a great night sleep. We walked into the lobby shortly after 1:00 am to find a sign saying the front desk clerk is currently assisting a guest. Okay, that's understandable. An hour later, the clerk finally arrived. Now in between this time I tried calling the local hotel number as well as the 1800 number. No answer. Having to wait an hour that late at night to check in put a damper into our get-away. All the other desk clerks were wonderful! The gal with the blonde hair was very nice!

I liked that our room had a balcony. The breakfast was okay. It would have been nice to have some scrambled eggs or fresh fruit, but for free, you couldn't beat the waffles. The hotel gave us passes to Chula Vista which was nice!! We didn't swim in the indoor waterpark at the hotel, but did use the outdoor pool, which was nice.

I would give the Atlantis another try in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor as you can hear the people walking in rooms upstairs. Also, arrive before 11p...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank violinmaster
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate the feedback on security and will address that issue. The kind blonde lady I am guessing is Tina. She has been here for years. We appreciate her attention to detail. Also love her great attitude! Thank you for taking time to review us. It is always appreciated.

There are newer reviews for Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We bought the Groupon and stayed in the Neptune suite during the week in early June. What a wonderful deal!!!! For $75 we were able to spend the day at Chula Vista (bigger water park, and admission was included for 5 people!), and then in the evening after dinner and in the morning we hit the smaller waterpark at Atlantis. My boys, 2 and 5, had an absolute blast (so did the adults!). The nice thing about the smaller waterpark is that the boys were much more contained which made for easier supervision. They also enjoyed the larger pool with basketball hoops, though it was too deep for them to be in alone. Our room was very clean, beds were comfy, we had everything we needed. The neptune suite was huge, and I believe there were a total of 3 TVs, a fireplace, a balcony, microwave, good size fridge, hot tub and extra sink. And we also had the free breakfast, which again alone saved us likely $30 for breakfast at Dells restaurant prices (this is not offered at the bigger resorts in the dells!) I have had better free hotel breakfasts (there was no fresh fruit or warm food beyond the waffles), but who can go wrong with a fresh waffle! Upon check in we also received a coupon book which included coupons for 10% off Paul Bunyans and Moose Jaw pizza- two must stop restaurants in the Dells-- so we saved over $15 on those meals as well. I was a little nervous when I bought the groupon that this place would be a little subpar, but I was pleasantly surprised. I have stayed at some of the other bigger resorts, and I thought this was just as nice (though a tad more dated), less busy, and was more manageable with little kids. Last fall we stayed at one of the bigger resorts, and it took us almost 15 minutes just to walk to the waterparks through the maze of hallways. By the time we got there, my kids were already a bit pooped from all the walking-- not fun in a wet swim suit either. Keep offering those groupons, Atlantis, and we will surely keep coming! Two water parks, an overnight stay, and free breakfast for 5 people, and discount on our other meals... so thankful for a little getaway vacation for our family at a great price!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lovesgoldens
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

That was good stuff. I appreciate it greatly. We will look forward to seeing you in the future. Thank you for your kind comments. Those are just a few of the reasons alot of people choose us. Happy travels

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Don't listen to bad reviews we loved it. We bought the Neptune suit on Groupon and it was great. I wouldn't pay full price for it but if u catch the deal on grouping it's worth it. Pool and arcade we're perfect for kids. They are remodeling and it's coming out great. There was a complimentary waffle bar breakfast but we didn't try it ,side we we're late risers and missed it. Staff was absolutely friendly, room was clean except for little dirt in hot tub but I always clean those out myself before use. We plan on using.g this as our " goto destination" in the future. Thanks Atlantis.

• Stayed: June 2013
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Hello and thank you for the review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Next time try the hot waffle bar we wold like to know your thoughts. We are happy you are happy. We hope to see you soon.
Thank You.
Jaymie Brandt

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Well to start we checked in on the 7th of June, and everything was fine until Saturday morning. Saturday I noticed some gummy bears being thrown on my car by some kids a floor above. Went to the front desk, and they upgraded us to there biggest room and the room was absolutely amazing. But after being in the room for an hour or two, we noticed fire trucks pulling up and and called up front and was told to evacuate the building. Turns out a bathroom fan on the fourth floor caught, and the fire alarm did not go off due to an employee calling, instead of activating the fire alarm. So after about an hour we were cleared to go back in the hotel. Everything seemed to be going okay by then, but around 9pm Saturday night, we got a called and it was someone looking for "quee." So I called the front desk once again, and as I was on the phone with the front desk, in came walking "quee" to our room, with her family. Turns out the hotel marked us down to be in room 421, and we actually were in 420. So they corrected the problem. Overall, the staff was great except for a guy that worked PM shift at the front desk, he really should watch his attitude when dealing with customers. But I would stay here again, hopefully things are a little more quiet next time, but hey, there sure was not a dull moment.

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the newer part of the hotel, rooms are definitely nicer and updated.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Eventful to say the least. First time in my career to call the fire department and hopefully the last. Thankfully there was noone injured and minimal damage. Im glad your trip turned out enjoyable. That is how you make lemons out of lemonade. Thank you for the kind comments. Your upbeat outlook is contagious.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Good value, clean room. Great location for Noah's Ark and Bigfoot zipline. Breakfast could have been better with some protein. All carbs currently, hot self-service waffees were very good. Outdoor pool area a little dated, but, clean and all functional.

Room Tip: Very close to Noah's Ark, Neptune Suite is a good family room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for the review. Your kind comments are much appreciated. We will look into our breakfast selection as far as dietarry needs. Thank you for your time and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had a great time. Staff was wonderful. Clean atmosphere.. Passes to Chula Vista included.. KIDS HAD A BALL!!!!! location was great... CLose to everything!!!!! We had free breakfast.. Muffins, hot waffles, cereal.. etc.. They even offered us discounted passes to Mt. Olympus... When we got there they gaves us tons of coupons for restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

We do hand out discounted passes to Mt. Olympus. Glad you enjoyed you stay with us.
Our staff is especially hard working this time of year. Thank you for the awesome review.
Your time and business is much appreciated.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Just passing through and decided to stay at the Dells for a night! We stopped at the Atlantis. Everything was nice, and clean. The pools are geared more towards little ones. My 9 and 4 year old liked it but my 12 year old was a little bored. My only complaint is my room coffee pot was dirty. I had to pay $2 a cup to buy coffee downstairs. But that is minor! Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for rating us. Oops on the overlooked coffee pot. We thank you for taking the time to rate our property. Hope to see you soon for our summer season. Thank you.