“What a waste of time & money”

Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Ranked #39 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Would not recommend to anyone.I was so dissapointed in this so called Suite we got.Very outdated, not clean & not a Suite.You could just tell the carpet was dirty, matted & old.Light switch in bath automatically turns on fan, fan sounded like a rocket taking off it was so loud. Not enough hot water to fill Hot Tub in room, not the same when it is cold. When we turned on heat it smelled like dead animal or burning bugs so we shut it off & just used the fire place to heat room.Room is to accommodate 8 people, we only had 4 & it was not acceptable.The only table in room had 2 chairs so you had to eat all meals out.Couch you sat on & fell in it. Bedding was dirty on the one bed, it may have been dead bugs that left the stains as we found some lady bugs or Japenese Beetles still alive flying around.Only 1 soap in bath to wash hands, good thing I brought some for the shower.Could have gotten regular room at nice place for same $!

Room Tip: Dirty, not worth it! Water park tickets included were for a place 5 miles away with no shuttle as o...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

This is my first review where not one thing was right?! Please call me and we can take care of this situation. I am a great problem solver. Thank you

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband decided to plan a weekend trip to the dells for our 18 month old. We were all excited, but that quickly wore away. We booked a two queen room with a sofa for one night. Our room was filthy. There was dried blood smeared all over the phone and food crumbs in the receiver. The tv remote was covered in something sticky and the bathroom door and room chairs had something spilled on them. To make matters worse, we found pubic hair in the blankets on the bed.
The waterpark was okay, but the floor was very slippery and our daughter fell quite a bit outside the pool. We never did make it to Chula Vista.
I have been to the dells many times and this was my first time at Atlantis. I will never stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Melissa C
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

You need to call me ASAP please. I would love to help you with your past stay. We are not a perfect property but we are perfectly comfortable addressing issues when things are overlooked.
We shall talk soon I hope. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed over the MLK weekend in a Neptune Suite. The room was very clean and perfect for the 4 of us, two of which were under 4. While the water at the waterpark one day was a bit on the chilly side, the remaining days was good and the boys had a ball. The setup for the waterpark is ideal in my mind. You have multiple pools in the facility, we hubbed out of the one with the toddler area, the big pool, and the dining area. There is also a game room with tickets if you are so inclined. We never had a reason to even head over to Chula.

Interestingly enough, the star of the entire trip wasn't the waterpark, rather the jacuzzi in our room. Every day the boys 'swam' in their own waterpark. We had a problem during our stay. The fireplace which you just flip a knob to start never worked. We did call down to the front desk and they sent someone up to fix it. She wasn't even in maintenance and didn't have the faintest idea on how to get it going. Given how cold it was, it would have been nice to have, but life goes on. All in all we had a great time here and its definitely a place we will consider in the future when we head to the Dells.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Whirlpools are fun by the pool but even better for children in the rooms. They can stay in as long as they want because the temperature is controlled by the parents. Glad you enjoyed and made a great family memory for the kids.
Thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We used a Groupon for a Neptune Suite. Water park is perfect for 0 to 7 year olds for a few hours then head to Chula Vista for free using the passes provided by Atlantis. Chula Vista is the best place in the Dells for food and indoor water park. Warmest water and warmest air inside the park makes for a long day of fun without chills. Atlantis rooms are dated but enjoyed and well used by our family.

Room Tip: Neptune Suite is gest way to go with children.
3  Thank Adam E
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to rate us. We appreciate your business and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was a little worried when I originally ordered a Groupon and saw the "waterpark" online. However, when I called, I was advised that the room came with Chula Vista waterpark passes. We had the Neptune Suite and I was very happy with the room. It had a king bed, pullout couch and a separate rook with a tv and 2 full size beds. There was a kitchenette that had a microwave, fridge, sink and coffee pot. There was a whirlpool tub but it was located in the main room so no one could take a private whirlpool bath. The room we had was perfect for us. It sleeps 8 and we had 7 comfortably. We did have a little issue the 2nd night that we were there. Rooms were ridiculously loud above us. It sounded like a bunch of kids running, jumping off furniture and breaking things. So much so that our kids kept waking up for 2 hours. We tried to call the front desk 4 times from the room and 2 times from our cell phones....no one answered.
At this time it was 12:00am and we were exhausted, so we laid there and listened and finally fell asleep. I mentioned my concern to the front desk when we checked out and she was kind enough to listen and apologize.
Honestly, I would stay there again if they had the same deal. The staff that we did have to speak to, especially the man that checked us in, were helpful and courteous. The pool was decent but it certainly should not be advertised as a waterpark because there was a few slides and climbing thing that was suitable for toddlers. The game room was decent.
Most important, the hotel was CLEAN. I looked everywhere and found noting to complain about. For the price, I'll definitely recommend this hotel. It's a 10 minute drive to Chula Vista..

1  Thank Kristi G

Thank you on the review! Sometimes kids get so excited that parents just cannot get them quiet. Sorry. We do have a younger crowd of children and from time to time they are loud. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our 5 year old for the 2013 MLK weekend -- checked out this morning. Regarding the review below, it sounds like we were both staying here last night, but we had no problems with hot water so perhaps not. At any rate, after reading earlier reviews, we were nervous...but for no reason. Our 2 bedroom Neptune suite was spacious, quiet and very clean. While I can see that families with older children might want to visit Chula Vista, the pools/small water park here was perfect for our 5 year old. Great, affordable food choices within 3 minute drive; try Pizza Ranch ($8.95/adults, $.75/year of age for kids, so $3.75 for our kid) for all you can eat pizza, chicken and salad. My husband is very picky about hotels but we agreed: Atlantis is perfect for a stay with little kids.

Room Tip: The Neptune suite is ideal for families: very clean and spacious, large hot tub that will easily fit...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Yeah us!!! Thank you. We appreciate all comments but when you get us you get us. Thank you for the kind words and we cannot wait to see you again in the future. Much appreciated. Happy and safe travels.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

First we were never told nor given any information with regards to paying for towels at the Chula Vista not having to bring your own towels. The lady at Chula Vista was extremely kind and gave us towels at no charge and said that she would follow up with the Atlantis people because we were not the first guest to have said we were never told we would ahve to pay for the towels. We have stayed at the Chula Vista and will continue to do so even if it cost us more. To make things worse there was no HOT water in our room at the Atlantis and when I told the person at the counter all he could say was sorry and offered a Chula Vista coupon?!?!?! Really??? It was not Chula Vista that provided the Horrible Service it was ATLANTIS that did?? Goodness, I will never stay there nor will I ever recommend this place to anyone I know.

1  Thank M J
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

So sorry that you didnt know about Chula Vistas towel policy. Luckily their quck thinking employee acted in good will and supplied you with towels. Problem solved. I went to our web site where you booked your reservation and checked the email that was sent to you. We do have a notice of BYOT, Bring your own towels.
Thank you for the review. You just made us better because we are going to note that on our web site also. Thank you. Contact me if you would like to discuss this I would appreciate it!!