“A nice place for a good price”

Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Ranked #37 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was a little worried when I originally ordered a Groupon and saw the "waterpark" online. However, when I called, I was advised that the room came with Chula Vista waterpark passes. We had the Neptune Suite and I was very happy with the room. It had a king bed, pullout couch and a separate rook with a tv and 2 full size beds. There was a kitchenette that had a microwave, fridge, sink and coffee pot. There was a whirlpool tub but it was located in the main room so no one could take a private whirlpool bath. The room we had was perfect for us. It sleeps 8 and we had 7 comfortably. We did have a little issue the 2nd night that we were there. Rooms were ridiculously loud above us. It sounded like a bunch of kids running, jumping off furniture and breaking things. So much so that our kids kept waking up for 2 hours. We tried to call the front desk 4 times from the room and 2 times from our cell phones....no one answered.
At this time it was 12:00am and we were exhausted, so we laid there and listened and finally fell asleep. I mentioned my concern to the front desk when we checked out and she was kind enough to listen and apologize.
Honestly, I would stay there again if they had the same deal. The staff that we did have to speak to, especially the man that checked us in, were helpful and courteous. The pool was decent but it certainly should not be advertised as a waterpark because there was a few slides and climbing thing that was suitable for toddlers. The game room was decent.
Most important, the hotel was CLEAN. I looked everywhere and found noting to complain about. For the price, I'll definitely recommend this hotel. It's a 10 minute drive to Chula Vista..

1  Thank Kristi G
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you on the review! Sometimes kids get so excited that parents just cannot get them quiet. Sorry. We do have a younger crowd of children and from time to time they are loud. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our 5 year old for the 2013 MLK weekend -- checked out this morning. Regarding the review below, it sounds like we were both staying here last night, but we had no problems with hot water so perhaps not. At any rate, after reading earlier reviews, we were nervous...but for no reason. Our 2 bedroom Neptune suite was spacious, quiet and very clean. While I can see that families with older children might want to visit Chula Vista, the pools/small water park here was perfect for our 5 year old. Great, affordable food choices within 3 minute drive; try Pizza Ranch ($8.95/adults, $.75/year of age for kids, so $3.75 for our kid) for all you can eat pizza, chicken and salad. My husband is very picky about hotels but we agreed: Atlantis is perfect for a stay with little kids.

Room Tip: The Neptune suite is ideal for families: very clean and spacious, large hot tub that will easily fit...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Yeah us!!! Thank you. We appreciate all comments but when you get us you get us. Thank you for the kind words and we cannot wait to see you again in the future. Much appreciated. Happy and safe travels.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

First we were never told nor given any information with regards to paying for towels at the Chula Vista not having to bring your own towels. The lady at Chula Vista was extremely kind and gave us towels at no charge and said that she would follow up with the Atlantis people because we were not the first guest to have said we were never told we would ahve to pay for the towels. We have stayed at the Chula Vista and will continue to do so even if it cost us more. To make things worse there was no HOT water in our room at the Atlantis and when I told the person at the counter all he could say was sorry and offered a Chula Vista coupon?!?!?! Really??? It was not Chula Vista that provided the Horrible Service it was ATLANTIS that did?? Goodness, I will never stay there nor will I ever recommend this place to anyone I know.

1  Thank M J
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

So sorry that you didnt know about Chula Vistas towel policy. Luckily their quck thinking employee acted in good will and supplied you with towels. Problem solved. I went to our web site where you booked your reservation and checked the email that was sent to you. We do have a notice of BYOT, Bring your own towels.
Thank you for the review. You just made us better because we are going to note that on our web site also. Thank you. Contact me if you would like to discuss this I would appreciate it!!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was initially leery of staying in this hotel, based on the outward appearances. My family and I stayed in a Mermaid suite, and despite the fact that it was next to a laundry room and on the bottom floor, it was pretty quiet. The room and bathroom were both clean with working appliances. I was not pleased with the hanging artwork on the wall - it was a mermaid with her upper half completely exposed, which is unacceptable, especially for a family with young children. The pool was very disappointing - it appeared so dirty that we were uncomfortable with the idea of swimming in it. (Thankfully we had passes to Chula Vista, which was outstanding.) Overall, this is a good place to sleep for a reasonable price in the Dells, but that's about it.

1  Thank HomeGnome

Well that is something to ponder about the mermaid pictures. Art...who knows how to take it. Love feedback. Thank you for taking the time. Please give us another try....contact me on your next visit.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

excellent professionalism and friendliness from front desk staff!! rooms were clean, bathroom facilities very good, coffee available 24/7 - a great perk, pool was clean and child friendly, as well as water park, location was convenient, parking adequate and convenient to entrance, exterior was inviting

1  Thank chkth
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Wow we are blushing! Thank you for the great comments. Glad you enjoyed and hope to see you in the near future.
Thank you!
Jaymie

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised after reading some negative reviews. My family of 4 stayed in a mermaid room and it was clean to begin with and cleaned nicely each day. Everything in the room worked as expected (microwave, fridge, hot tub, hair dryer, bathroom shower heater, room heater, TV, phone, alarm clock, etc.). The staff was friendly and knowledgeable; they patiently answered all of my questions and provided all of the services that I required. I asked for extra blankets for the pull-out bed and they were provided. I asked for extra towels for use at the indoor water park and they asked "how many do you need". Free passes to Chula Vista waterpark were provided (even for our check-out day), and we enjoyed our visit there also.We did not experience any overcrowding at Chula Vista because we visited off-season. Family fun for all.

1  Thank Paul L

Thank you Thank you for the kind words. We love it when people enjoy us. Really nice reviews are appreciated. We hope to see you in the near future.
Much Thanks and happy travels.
Jaymie

Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Customer service was great, our mermaid suite wasn't ready when we checked in so they upgraded us to Neptune which was AMAZING! The staff was great and I don't know how people are righting bad reviews. It's not the Ritz, it's a great place for kids and next time were out there we will definitely stay with them!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank PipingHot
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. You summed us up perfectly. Thank you for choosing us. Safe travels and hope to see you in the future.
Jaymie Brandt