“Atlantis 1/12 and 1/13, 2013”

Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Ranked #39 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed January 14, 2013

excellent professionalism and friendliness from front desk staff!! rooms were clean, bathroom facilities very good, coffee available 24/7 - a great perk, pool was clean and child friendly, as well as water park, location was convenient, parking adequate and convenient to entrance, exterior was inviting

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chkth
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Wow we are blushing! Thank you for the great comments. Glad you enjoyed and hope to see you in the near future.
Thank you!
Jaymie

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised after reading some negative reviews. My family of 4 stayed in a mermaid room and it was clean to begin with and cleaned nicely each day. Everything in the room worked as expected (microwave, fridge, hot tub, hair dryer, bathroom shower heater, room heater, TV, phone, alarm clock, etc.). The staff was friendly and knowledgeable; they patiently answered all of my questions and provided all of the services that I required. I asked for extra blankets for the pull-out bed and they were provided. I asked for extra towels for use at the indoor water park and they asked "how many do you need". Free passes to Chula Vista waterpark were provided (even for our check-out day), and we enjoyed our visit there also.We did not experience any overcrowding at Chula Vista because we visited off-season. Family fun for all.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul L

Thank you Thank you for the kind words. We love it when people enjoy us. Really nice reviews are appreciated. We hope to see you in the near future.
Much Thanks and happy travels.
Jaymie

Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Customer service was great, our mermaid suite wasn't ready when we checked in so they upgraded us to Neptune which was AMAZING! The staff was great and I don't know how people are righting bad reviews. It's not the Ritz, it's a great place for kids and next time were out there we will definitely stay with them!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank PipingHot
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. You summed us up perfectly. Thank you for choosing us. Safe travels and hope to see you in the future.
Jaymie Brandt

Reviewed December 9, 2012

i was surprised to read the negative reviews. back in august, we stayed there for two days and had a lovely time. our room was clean & staff was pleasant. the waterpark areas were perfect for my small children (ages 3 & 8). we did use the chula vista passes. however, we had a better time at atlantis waterpark. For me, i could relax at the smaller waterpark & feel comfortable letting my kids play because i could see them at all times & get to them quickly if need be. chula vista was crowded & felt overwhelming to my 3 yr old (and me too). my kids are asking to go back and are requesting the atlantis hotel. we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: fourth floor room had nice balcony that overlooks the dells "strip"
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JessieA10

Thank you ..... Another satisfied customer that took the time to write a review. Loooove it. You also nailed exactly who we are. Perfect for smaller kids with free use of Chula Vista. Thank you and cannot wait to see you in the future.
Jaymie B

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was so excited to have a nice mini vacation with my family. I was looking forward to this for weeks. When we checked in we went to fill our hot tub and the first thing we notice was a bundle of hair in the drainer. Then we notice the cabinets all broken. The shower also had hair. We stayed for two nights because that was the package we booked. The last day we noticed bumps on my sons arms, didn't really think anything of it until when we got home we left my suitcase in my room and then I began noticing more bumps as the nights goes by but this time was on my shoulder and my boyfriends leg. They were little red bumps and they were really itchy I looked this up online and realized they were bed bugs. Never in my life have I had bed bugs. I took all my bed sheets and blankets and washed them twice. That's when they bites finally went away. I contacted them about this matter and nobody got back to me. Save your money and time and go somewhere else. I will never go back to this place.

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank Annythone
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

I can assure you our rooms are top notch. Our housekeeping and maintenance staff work hard to keep our rooms clean and well maintained. Bed bugs are not something that could be overlooked. I believe your website diagnosis is a mistake. Sometimes people can have allergic reactions to whirlpools and chemicals in pools from over use? please contact me to discuss. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

My boyfriend and I purchased a groupon for Atlantis, and we weren't sure what to expect. We stayed in a regular whirlpool suite, and it was beyond expectations! We never used the pool area, though it was clean and smelled nice. The front desk was helpful in giving us recomendations for places we were interested in. We spent a lot of time relaxing in our huge room, and were appreciative of how the cleaning staff was so polite and friendly. The hotel is directly across from Mt Olympus theme park, about a mile away from the outlet mall, right by Noah's Ark. We definitely want to go back in the summer when the outdoor attractions are open!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank bablock
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you we appreciate the kind review. Safe travels and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I like many others had one of the coupon deals,I believe it was about $79/night for a large suite. 1 king bed, 2 queens and a pull out couch. The room was very musty but overall APPEARED to be cleaned. Move any of the furniture just an inch and you will see lots of dust, crumbs and hair. The beds were actually comfortable and the sheets appeared to be clean, but I couldn't sleep at all that night. The pillows were horrid. They smelled like mildew/cigarettes/B.O. It wasn't until the next morning when the rest of my party woke up, that they all thought the same thing about the pillows.

The water park is in serious need of repair. At the top of the slide, an entire foam "ledge" was coming down. So much so that it hit your head as you were going down the slide. There appears to be padding at the top of the slide, but that too has completely faded and scratched my 3yr olds bottom. There are landing pads at the bottom of the slides that are not secured to the floor of the pool. It's just a big accident waiting to happen. The pictures on their website have clearly been photo-shopped. The pool area is definitely not as bright and vibrant as they lead you to believe. Most of the animals that are suppose to spray water, at best trickle.

I think the best part of this stay were the water park passes to Chula Vista.

Room Tip: Move things around a bit in the room to see how clean things really are. Do a quick sniff test of th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MilwaukeeJessica

When you have issues please call the front desk so we may take care of the problem. The only way we know you cannot sleep is if you tell us. Please call me so we can talk about a future stay.