“A Great Way to Save Money!”

Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Ranked #39 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was honestly nervous to stay here, the rate was cheap- $59 Mon- TR & $79 Sat- Sun- really cheap right? I thought too cheap, what is wrong with this hotel? Nope, nothing and I mean nothing wrong. The hotel staff was so pleasant. The room was clean, even the shower which is important since I have toddlers to bathe in the tub portion. The walls are thick, we never heard anyone on either side of us. The waterpark was the perfect size for my two toddlers. We also received passes to Chula Vista's waterpark that we used. The only down side is that Chula Vista is BYOT (bring your own towels) to anyone who is not one of their resort guests, just a heads up. Minor in my head for the cost savings. The only other thing I wish they had was a fitness facility. I spent $5 a day at a Snap Fitness, again, not that big of a deal. So glad they don't have those nasty comforters on the beds. I would stay here again. It's nice to be able to get away and not spend an arm and a leg.

1  Thank LocalOne600
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Awww thank you. You get us. We so appreciate the positive feedback. Yes that is us....reasonable...clean...and here to help.
Thank you and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had purchased a group discount coupon for this property and that was my only reason for going there. It was for a suite with a fireplace, jacuzzi and kitchenette. Sadly, when we arrived, we were told that there were issues with the suite and we were offered adjoining standard rooms. The desk clerk was apologetic and helpful as best as he could be and although I was angry and disappointed I didn't feel like it was his fault. Later in the day the front desk contacted me to let me know that a cancellation of another suite had occurred and I could change rooms. They then sent a staff person to help me with the move and the suite was worth it. The kids enjoyed the jacuzzi and the separate bedroom was great for later that evening when some wanted to stay up later than others. The waterpark at Atlantis is strictly for toddlers. For anyone else they give you wristbands for Chula Vista. I am not fond of staying at one place and having to drive to the waterpark. I didn't find the property to be top notch by any means but it was average and certainly not in obvious disrepair. The staff that I came into contact with were all friendly and helpful. Bottom line is for 99 bucks it's a pretty good hotel. If you want nicer you need to go to the Wilderness or Kalahari.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Much appreciated. We love to hear from our happy customers. Do us a favor and pass the word. Thank you very much.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I checked into the Atlantis on Friday, Oct. 19th, during the day. You know, I read a review from "ScottHSH" and I was disappointed to see that a Staff member was cut-down. Honestly, my husband and I, with our 2 kids have always had a positive experience. Of course, no one if perfect, and we need to remember that we're all people, and will indeed make mistakes from time to time. Getting back to the "man at the front desk", a man checked us in, and our experience was pleasant. He went above and beyond, made sure that we knew of the Bar & Grill Hours, told us to bring our towels to Chula (as they don't provide towels to other hotel guests). He also asked us what type of food we were looking for, and went that extra mile to provide us with a Restaurant that fit our needs specifically.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Nathaniel and I thank you. He is a long time employee and has many positive comments. We have a folder called ...We would like to thank Nathaniel.
He goes above and beyond for our guests. Also quite kind to our employees. We value him and your comments. Thank you

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Upon check-in on the evening of 16 OCT 2012, the young man working the front desk was extremely curt and rude, acting as if he had better things to do than his duties at the front desk. He was non-responsive to questions regarding the area attractions and dining options.

The room was in desperate need of updating and maintenance. The "king whirlpool suites" are not quite as depicted in the photographs on the hotel website. The walls clearly need paint, the panels around the tub are slipping off and the fixtures need a good dusting/cleaning. The bed was not very comfortable but I have experienced worse. The carpets could use a shampooing and the drapes are musty. The televisions need to be updated --- they still have the older, box-type televisions hanging from the wall and the picture is not very good.

My biggest complaint regarding Atlantis would be the telephone call I received at 10:40am on my day of check-out. I was only here for one night. The front desk clerk called to remind me that I had to vacate the room no later than 11:00am or would be charged for an additional night. Since I had no plans of staying past 11:00am I asked "why would you call to remind me of the check-out time?" I was told, "I just want to remind you that you have to be out of the room in 20 minutes." I had not even requested a late check-out! The clerk was obnoxious and I found this call to be incredibly rude.

This is a hotel that could be GREAT with a little attention to obvious/showing maintenance problems and overt wear and tear, as well as staff training in customer service. I would not stay here again. The price paid ($99.00 inclusive of tax) is a bit much for what I received. There are better options at a greater value in the same general area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ScottHSH

Please call me. It sounds as if you were pranked. We do not call rooms upon check out to reiterate check out. Give me a call and we will discuss the issues. Thank you

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our stay at Atlantis was great! We came to the Dells for a family reunion, so unfortunately, we didn't have a chance to visit the pool or water park at Atlantis (or Chula Vista, which is a great perk!). But we thought the front desk staff was extremely friendly and informative. Our room was large and clean with a nice balcony. The bed was comfy, the bathroom and vanity areas suited our needs, and the hot tub was great! The location is right in the middle of everything, which was perfect with all of the running around we did. It was easy to stop back at the room to drop stuff off, change, or whatever we needed. We'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephanie K

Wow thank you very much. Thank you. We so appreciate your kind words. Our staff works hard and we appreciate it when it is noticed. Thank you and see you soon,

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I booked this hotel based on what I saw on their website. They were not at all what they appeared to be. The water area is very outdated and stained from not being cleaned or repainted. The rooms had mix matched covers on the beds and stained sheets. The toilet seat was about to come off the toilet and the worst part was that there were bugs in our room. It wasnt very clean. Would not recommend staying at this hotel.

1  Thank April B

Please call me so we can discuss the issues you had. As you can see from our reviews people like us. I will wait to hear from you.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I looked forward to spending some much needed quality time in the Dells with our two children. I'd researched many resorts with pricing and some reviews, and ultimately thought this seemed like a good place to settle on for the money. We booked a stay at the Atlantis, which judging from the photos, seemed nice. What a mislead! The indoor "water park" area was full of rips and tears in the cushions that are at the bottom of the slides, there were sharp edges on some of them also. Our room was disgustingly dirty! Holes in our blankets, stains on the sheets and pillow cases. It looked like old makeup on one pillow case which hadn't been washed. Or screen door to the patio was broken and fell off during our first night. The bathtub had mildew stains and the room itself had a bad smell. Our room was close to the pool area and there were people running back and fourth from 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. I'm all about having fun with my family, but when my two kids were trying to sleep, the noise echoed loudly outside of our room. We only stayed one night and checked out early. I complained to the manager about the issues, and wasn't even offered so much as an apology! What a waste of $150. My advise is to spend a little extra and stay at Chula Vista Resorts! It's MUCH bigger and better!

Room Tip: My advise is to spend a little extra and stay at Chula Vista Resorts! It's MUCH bigger and bette...