“Not as Advertised - Staff Not So Kind”

Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Ranked #31 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Carmel, Indiana
“Not as Advertised - Staff Not So Kind”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Upon check-in on the evening of 16 OCT 2012, the young man working the front desk was extremely curt and rude, acting as if he had better things to do than his duties at the front desk. He was non-responsive to questions regarding the area attractions and dining options.

The room was in desperate need of updating and maintenance. The "king whirlpool suites" are not quite as depicted in the photographs on the hotel website. The walls clearly need paint, the panels around the tub are slipping off and the fixtures need a good dusting/cleaning. The bed was not very comfortable but I have experienced worse. The carpets could use a shampooing and the drapes are musty. The televisions need to be updated --- they still have the older, box-type televisions hanging from the wall and the picture is not very good.

My biggest complaint regarding Atlantis would be the telephone call I received at 10:40am on my day of check-out. I was only here for one night. The front desk clerk called to remind me that I had to vacate the room no later than 11:00am or would be charged for an additional night. Since I had no plans of staying past 11:00am I asked "why would you call to remind me of the check-out time?" I was told, "I just want to remind you that you have to be out of the room in 20 minutes." I had not even requested a late check-out! The clerk was obnoxious and I found this call to be incredibly rude.

This is a hotel that could be GREAT with a little attention to obvious/showing maintenance problems and overt wear and tear, as well as staff training in customer service. I would not stay here again. The price paid ($99.00 inclusive of tax) is a bit much for what I received. There are better options at a greater value in the same general area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ScottHSH
Jaymie B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Please call me. It sounds as if you were pranked. We do not call rooms upon check out to reiterate check out. Give me a call and we will discuss the issues. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Brookfield, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our stay at Atlantis was great! We came to the Dells for a family reunion, so unfortunately, we didn't have a chance to visit the pool or water park at Atlantis (or Chula Vista, which is a great perk!). But we thought the front desk staff was extremely friendly and informative. Our room was large and clean with a nice balcony. The bed was comfy, the bathroom and vanity areas suited our needs, and the hot tub was great! The location is right in the middle of everything, which was perfect with all of the running around we did. It was easy to stop back at the room to drop stuff off, change, or whatever we needed. We'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephanie K
Wow thank you very much. Thank you. We so appreciate your kind words. Our staff works hard and we appreciate it when it is noticed. Thank you and see you soon,
Eddyville, Kentucky, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I booked this hotel based on what I saw on their website. They were not at all what they appeared to be. The water area is very outdated and stained from not being cleaned or repainted. The rooms had mix matched covers on the beds and stained sheets. The toilet seat was about to come off the toilet and the worst part was that there were bugs in our room. It wasnt very clean. Would not recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank April B
Please call me so we can discuss the issues you had. As you can see from our reviews people like us. I will wait to hear from you.

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Hobart, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I looked forward to spending some much needed quality time in the Dells with our two children. I'd researched many resorts with pricing and some reviews, and ultimately thought this seemed like a good place to settle on for the money. We booked a stay at the Atlantis, which judging from the photos, seemed nice. What a mislead! The indoor "water park" area was full of rips and tears in the cushions that are at the bottom of the slides, there were sharp edges on some of them also. Our room was disgustingly dirty! Holes in our blankets, stains on the sheets and pillow cases. It looked like old makeup on one pillow case which hadn't been washed. Or screen door to the patio was broken and fell off during our first night. The bathtub had mildew stains and the room itself had a bad smell. Our room was close to the pool area and there were people running back and fourth from 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. I'm all about having fun with my family, but when my two kids were trying to sleep, the noise echoed loudly outside of our room. We only stayed one night and checked out early. I complained to the manager about the issues, and wasn't even offered so much as an apology! What a waste of $150. My advise is to spend a little extra and stay at Chula Vista Resorts! It's MUCH bigger and better!

Room Tip: My advise is to spend a little extra and stay at Chula Vista Resorts! It's MUCH bigger and bette...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anjelica S
Jaymie Brandt B, General Manager at Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Ouch! So sorry to see that you stayed 5 months ago and this is just now coming out in October. I always like to put customers first. I havent met a problem I cannot solve. Please contact me and we be happy to discuss this matter. Thank you.
Grey Eagle, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had a coupon to stay in the"Mermaid suite" What a surprise to find mirrors over the bed and hot tub. And if you turned the right switch on little lights went on in the ceiling. oh, and we had a chandelier over the table in the corner. oh, and a hand painted mural of a mermaid on the wall. The room was really very interesting. The staff was super very nice and the room and tub very very clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank minneapol
Oh why thank you! You were in the Mermaid Suite. Glad you liked it. That is one of our top picks for the couple looking for romance. Families also love it when they bring the child that cannot get enough of mermaids.
Thank you and we hope to see you in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Room was clean and big whirlpool tub was nice and big for 2 tv is really out dated though maybe we just got a room with a old tv in it I hope. We didn't get in the pool but it was mostly geared towards the kids not really adults. The chula water park option was nice. All and all it was a nice stay I would stay again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the kind words. You nailed it. We are geared to 11 and under. We cannot wait to see you in the future. Thank you for taking the time to say something kind about our hotel. We appreciate our guests!
Rockford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed in the Neptune suite. Was a perfect room for my boyfriend and I, (we were celebrating our anniversary) and the kids, cuz we had our own rooms. The jacuzzi was awesome. Worked great, and with some candles and bubbles made our romantic night just perfect. The front desk even had a corkscrew for our wine! The pools could have been warmer, and just a little cleaner, but everyone had fun when swimming. Spent the next day at Chula Vista and the kids had a blast. Very nice, clean and quiet hotel with super friendly staff. If we couldve afforded it we would have stayed another night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wow thank you for the nice words on our neptune suite. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the near future. Happy Travels!!