“First outdoorsy trip ever!”
Review of Day's End Motel

Day's End Motel
Ranked #5 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The accommodations were very clean. The new owners (2 months) let us upgrade to a room with a jacuzzi. On our first day pool was closed for inspection and obviously they passed with flying colors because it was open the following morning. Great location just a fabulous motel overall! We will 100% be back! SN: This review is coming from a lady who usually travels 5 star and very discerning taste!

Room Tip: Room 10 has a jacuzzi! In front of the pool too!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adiva31

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My last stay and review was in May of 2011. But I have stayed there before. This review would be my fouth stay since 2001. I would not change a single word from my last review. Alot of times when a motel has new owners things go bad real fast. That is not the case with the new people. They are a carbon copy of the past owners but younger. LOL. Just plain good people who take alot of pride in their business. A small motel on the side of a two lane road is what it is. There will be some traffic noise. After 11 pm the whole area is quiet. Most of the times I have stayed in the single bed rooms that have numbers 1,2,3, etc. These are perfect rooms for people who travel solo or a couple. There is a window in front that opens and a window in the back of the room that opens. Real nice when there is a breeze going. The back window faces a open lawn area with trees here and there. I heard a woodpecker among other birds in the back. There are plenty of places to grab a chair and just sit & relax. There is room to roam around the motel. Unlike places that are in town or huge resorts with acres of paking lots. The TV's have all the major cable channels, local TV from Madison and alot of music from Sirius radio. The TV for me at least is a huge plus. Alot to watch or listen to. I did not use the pool but I could see the whole pool area, playground, mini golf and other common areas were just as clean as the rooms are. In my four stays here since 2001 I have NEVER had a issue. The only thing I would do is have micro & fridge combo in ALL the rooms. To charge a fee to have one is kind of tacky these days. Also to have a box of kleenex in the bathrooms. Other than that I would stay here again without thinking twice. I really hope they have a good summer season. Alot of smaller motels have closed or have been taken over by bigger operators in the Dells area. There is NO reason this place should be one of them.

Room Tip: The smaller rooms to the far left of the office are just perfect for couples and people who travel s...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This was a nice room for the price. Pool wasn't open yet! No breakfast included. Overall it was a good place to stay for the night. Not in the main area of the tourist part of dells!!! Staff was friendly

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This motel has very nice, clean rooms. So clean, in fact, that I walked around the room with my shoes off! Our room had a comfortable bed, new T.V. and a clean little frig. The owners live on site. We certainly will return!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stayed here on a Friday night. The welcoming staff was very friendly. The room was a nice surprise. New carpet, king size bed and large flat screen. Nice sized fridge but no microwave as advertized but didn't miss it. Definately worth the value price on Travelocity

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank VillaRipley
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Nice place at a great price. We plan to come back to the Dells and stay here when we do. This trip in early April 2014 we just needed a place to rest and regroup after a stay at the Wilderness Resort. I needed to work remotely in the morning, and their Internet connection was great and all I needed. We then all went back to the Wilderness to finish our out-of-water activities before we headed back to the Cities. This would be a great place to bring young children in the Summer as it looks like they have a nice playground, mini-golf, outdoor pool, and lots of yard to play in.

Room Tip: This is a classic motel. I think you can park your car in front of any room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Julie R, Owner at Day's End Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you for the great review. Sorry for the late response. We hope to see you back again on your next trip to Wisconsin Dells!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We were in town for a volleyball tournament downtown and at Chula Vista and only needed lodging for one night. As I was checking reviews of hotels that were reasonably priced, I discovered America's Best Value Days Inn. I was a little skeptical at first because it was north of the Dells about 6 miles and was a small privately run hotel. Wow was I surprised when I got there! The owners were so friendly and personable and our room was fantastic! It was really clean with a large bathroom with Jacuzzi tub (really worked), comfortable beds, and DISH network TV. It also is very close to Rocky Arbor State Park. We will definitely stay there again and recommend it to friends/family. Thank you so much for the great lodging.

The Cronin family