“Great value, super clean!” 5 of 5 stars

Day's End Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   N 604 Highway 12 and 16, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Minneapolis
“Great value, super clean!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

i stayed here the last weekend of February while my daughter (and her team) stayed at a large resort hotel for a volleyball tournament. I did not want to pay the high prices for a room I would not be in all that much, nor did I need a waterpark. My criteria was an affordable clean room, location less than 10 minutes away from the venue, decent TV for my off hours, WIFI for work, a refrigerator, and at least average room size. I am happy to say I found all three and more at this motel!

The motel has great "curb appeal", and presents very well. I had forgotten how wonderful it is to park my car, and only have to walk a few feet to my room. No stairs and no long hallways to schlep bags. The managers were very nice and always available and responsive for the few times I needed them.

The room itself was wonderful. Since i was travelling alone, I was happy to find that all the rooms have deadbolts. Rather than a sterile white room, it was a nice pale blue color. Different than most rooms you might stay in, but a nice change. As a treat to myself, I opted for the two queen bed room with the jacuzzi tub. When I arrived, the room (with a wall heater) had been turned on and my room was pleasantly toasty. I have stayed in other rooms, motel and hotel alike, where the room was cold upon arrival in the winter, so that was an appreciated touch. The room smelled very fresh and clean - as another reviewed noted, very "fresh laundry" smelling, rather than deodorizer/fake freshener smelling. A flat panel TV with Dish access and remote, a refrigerator and small microwave awaited me. As a girl who likes to spread out, I enjoyed the double vanity all to myself for getting ready in the morning. :) The WiFI access was steady, and the beds/pillows were very comfy. One night I used the jacuzzi tub, and like everything else, it was squeaky clean and completely functional. :)

My only complaint, and it is a small one, is that the heater would run non-stop, and I could not find a happy medium between hot and cool, so I would occasionally have to adjust throughout the evening/night. I sleep better without background noise, so on the second and third nights, I turned off the heater, cozied up in the blankets and comforters and slept very soundly. I woke up to a chilly room (as expected), but not freezing. It only took a few minutes after turning the heater back on to heat the room up.

While the motel feels like it is on the outskirts of town, it is very easy and quick to get to anywhere you would like to go in the Dells.

I would not hesitate to stay here again, and have recommended it to a few other parents for next year's tournament who were not happy with their poorly maintained, high-end, high-priced resort rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank MOMMA_OF_3_KIDS
Rachel S, Manager at Day's End Motel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We are flattered by this guest's lengthy and favorable review. We enjoy serving our guests and always like to meet special requests when possible. We hope this guest chooses us the next time she travels through Wisconsin Dells.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Great place to stay. The rooms I've had have had jacuzzi/jets in the tub--unexpected bonus! Room was clean. Each time I've come, they've been busy
so do make reservations!
Only complaint I think I would have is the tv remote (at least I couldn't figure it out) wouldn't turn the tv on/off, that had to be done manually. Other than that, always a great place and the people have been so nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ADellsVisitor
Rachel S, Manager at Day's End Motel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We're glad that we could accommodate this guest! We do appreciate reservations, especially in the summer as we do fill nearly every weekend, but we also welcome drop-ins. We are always happy to be of service!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We visited the Day's End Motel based on the great reviews and affordable price. It did not disappoint. It was small and charming, and we liked that it was a few miles outside of town, away from the lights, billboards, and tacky souvenir stores. The only disappointment was the miniature golf being covered in snow. ;-D We'll be back again soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jesse K
Rachel S, Manager at Day's End Motel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We are glad that these guests enjoyed their stay with us; we strive to maintain clean, comfortable rooms. And we look forward to serving these guests again in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here last summer and they were very nice and the room was very clean! The only problem I had was the pool was not clean and I was unable to swum in it. We never saw them clean it nor was a tarp put on

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank arkaruangirl
Rachel S, Owner at Day's End Motel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We are glad that these guests found their room up to their expectations. We are sorry about the state of the pool, but we have since solved the problem and hope to keep it sparkling clean for future stays. We appreciate the time these guests took to share their honest opinion.
Neillsville, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Loved the jet tub. This was a nice clean motel. The managers were very nice. I would stay here again!!! The kids and I were busy at a conference and did not need the fancy waterpark hotels. This way were were able to pay for the conference and afford a place to sleep. Much better than $250 a night and 3 blocks walking inside the hotel to our room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Crspices E
Rachel S, Manager at Day's End Motel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We are very happy to provide comfortable, affordable rooms for our guests. We always strive to keep our rooms clean and our service quick. We hope to serve these guests again on future stays!
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I have been going to dells area for weekend getaways. We were pleasantly surprise on how nice and clean this hotel. As the previous previews stated the owners are very nice and well informed on place around to go to. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vacationeerIllinois
We're glad that we could accommodate these guests on their vacation. We strive to maintain clean, comfortable rooms and we appreciate the time our guests take to give us feedback. We look forward to serving these guests again!
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I go the the Dells at least once a year to play and shop. We have stayed in many different resorts, hotels, and motels. Day's End Motel is a hidden gem. The couple (Rachel & Mark) who manage the motel could not of been nicer. Our room was very clean, the bed was comfy, the jet tub was great, and the room was a good size. We will for sure stay again. For the price, it does not get better!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Torgy2travel
We are always glad to serve our guests! We work to keep our rooms clean, comfortable, and affordable. We hope to see these guests again soon!