“Reputation built on authentic high-end Native-made collectibles”

Parsons Indian Trading Post
Ranked #9 of 16 Shopping in Wisconsin Dells
Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States
“Reputation built on authentic high-end Native-made collectibles”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Parsons is a 100+ year old family-owned business with gifts in all price ranges from inexpensive souvenirs to high-end authentic and unique Native American-made collectibles. Be prepared to pay fair-trade prices for higher end products. Its one of the few stores anywhere to sell traditional hand-made moccasins in all sizes with selections in each. Also good selection of Ho Chunk black ash splint basketry, Southwest ceramics, jewelry, and rugs. I shop here about once a year and have done so for 40+ years.

Visited January 2012

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Found some great Minnetonka Moccasins... The staff though was texting and talking about gossip so i had to go over and ask for help to get my size...

Visited August 2012
Perry, Iowa
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Nice Store - Stop Every Trip!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We always stop here on our way home from the Dells. It has a wide variety of Native American crafts and items as well as Dells merchandise. My 8 year old daughter was looking for souvenirs for her friends and we found bead bracelets for $1.50 in many colors. She was thrilled with her purchase. She couldn't wait to get home to show her friends (and they loved them). I had been looking for a Dells hoodie and I found one here that I loved and that was better made and cheaper than anything I found downtown. Besides the gifty merchandise, we also found a sage smudge stick that we were looking for. Be prepared to look beyond the normal touristy merchandise for some unique buys.

Visited August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice Retro Store But Smells Like Mothballs”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My family has been coming here for years. It's very retro and reminds me of something that would have been encountered on a 1950's road trip. I do have a few issues with it though. The museum area reeks of mothballs. This probably has to do with the taxidermied animals and leather work displayed in there. How about burning some sage bundles in there? I did see them for sale in that room. The room next to the museum sells lots of souvenirs made in China but I'd like to see some more Native American-made things instead.

1 Thank A C
Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“RUDE Staff”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We came to the Indian Trading post to show my 13 year old and 7 year old daughters some of my native heritage. The store is mainly comprised on native american trinkets, jewelry and toys.I did notice the store had an odd smell to it.... Not sure if this was the stuff inside or the staff...... =) as we looked around I noticed that the gentelman in the back was staring at us while we walked around and looked at the items which was kind of uncomfortable. My girls decided on two mood rings at the front of the store where an older lady was working and helping us with prices.. She was nice enough. A younger woman came up and imediately yelled at my 7 year old as her back bumped into a mirror near the rings she was looking at. It was very clearly an accident and not because she was messing around by any means. My girlfriend and I looked at each other with a bit of shock as it seemed rather harsh and out of line. My oldest brought up both rings and the younger woman was there to ring her up. She was not friendly whatsoever and since I gave my card to my oldest daughter (as i was literally 7 feet away) she yells, "im gonna need an ID". so I set an ID on the counter and continued shopping when she yet again yelled across the counter "Your gonna need to sign for this" in a very rude tone. At this point we were rather fed up with her rude attitude and lack of consideration for the customers in the store. I walked up looked her in the face and told her she was extremely rude and to forget the sale. We left without buying the merchandise we wanted and went to "Souvineers from around the world" where they were nice enough to keep the store open until we were done shopping. Needless to say our excitement was really cut short about the indian trading post and I will NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN!.

Visited May 2012