“Delicious!”
Review of Hot Dog Avenue

Hot Dog Avenue
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Hot Dog Avenue is the #1 Hot Dog Restaurant in Wisconsin Dells! We offer Vienna Beef Hot Dogs, featuring our locals favorite: the Green Bay and Chicago Dogs! Our food is made fresh for every customer! Our Gyros are fresh off-the cone. We offer Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches, Burgers, Italian Combos, Italian Beef Sandwiches, salads, and our unique Gyro Burrito! Enjoy our indoor dining or sit out on our outdoor patio. On the go? We have a drive-thru! You will be sure to find something for everyone, at Hot Dog Avenue!
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Quite frankly, the best Italian Beef sandwich I've ever had. Family loved the hot dogs and chicken. Nice to sit on the outdoor patio and watch Noah's Ark boat ride across the street.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

By far the best hot dogs i. The state! Service is great, food is affordable, across from Noah's Ark. We had the Montana, delic!!! http://www.dellshotdogavenue.com/menu.php

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Our family stopped here because of the good reviews. We ordered a burger, chicago dogs, polish sausage, a gyro burrito, and fries. We all enjoyed our meals and enjoyed sitting outside watching the log ride at Noah's Ark as it came splashing down on the people standing on the bridge.
There's not a lot of room for seating so if your a larger group this place wouldn't work out. Maybe try and go when it's not right at the usual lunch or supper time meal and you should find a seat. We would definitely return!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I make it down to Hot Dog Ave 3-4 times a year, it is almost worth the trip to the Dells just to eat here. The food quality is always consistent, consistently amazing. If you like gyro's at all you will love this restaurant.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Note: My rating is based on the food quality/value for the TYPE and LOCATION of the restaurant, not compared to all other eating establishments. I downgraded 1 star because I can't remember if anything knocked my socks off, but I can't pinpoint any reason why it couldn't be 5 stars. Also, my visit was May 2013, not August
Sure, it's hot dogs and some people will feel the need to knock their Chicago dogs because they're "from Chicago" (as if being born somewhere makes you an exert on the local cuisine. I've had some pretty crappy dogs in Chicago) We stopped a year ago and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food given the very reasonable price for a place in the middle of a tourist trap. We ordered a variety of things: Chicago dogs, Italian beef, dog with regular toppings, and I think a chili cheese dog? We were all happy with the food and I was happy with the incredibly-low-for-the Dells price. It was the shoulder season (weekend before Memorial Day) so it wasn't jam packed, but there was a line, which we took as a good sign. I think they were pretty new when we visited. There were a couple of hiccups, but very minor and not really indicative of service quality, just people being new at their jobs. Staff was very friendly and patient with our group of 6 as we hemmed and hawed over our choices. This year, when we were in town for an afternoon, my kids immediately suggested it again. Didn't go, as we were in a hurry, but we'll be heading there when we're back in town again and I'll update my review.