“Great dogs!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hot Dog Avenue

Hot Dog Avenue
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Hot Dog Avenue is the #1 Hot Dog Restaurant in Wisconsin Dells! We offer Vienna Beef Hot Dogs, featuring our locals favorite: the Green Bay and Chicago Dogs! Our food is made fresh for every customer! Our Gyros are fresh off-the cone. We offer Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches, Burgers, Italian Combos, Italian Beef Sandwiches, salads, and our unique Gyro Burrito! Enjoy our indoor dining or sit out on our outdoor patio. On the go? We have a drive-thru! You will be sure to find something for everyone, at Hot Dog Avenue!
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Great dogs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

It may seem easy to make a good hot dog, but I have found it is not. Many different hot dog selections, but I loved the Chicago Dog. I enjoyed it so much that I went back the next day to get another. Amount of fries was more than sufficient. Food was hot, fresh and a solid value. I will definitely go back when in the Dells.

• Visited June 2014

Duluth
“Much better than a chain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I was passing through and needed gas and a bite to eat. Thanks to trip advisor I got a pretty darned good philly cheesesteak. I no longer eat at chains because all of the travelers out there on trip advisor point me in the right direction so I can put the money in the pockets of the citizens rather than supporting the mediocrity of corporate crap (and the 1%).

• Visited May 2014
Kasson, Minnesota
“Very okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had good service although we were there when it was very slow, only one other customer at the time. I had an Italian Sausage and my fiance had the NY Dog. Cute place, clean enough and a very large selection of dogs and sausages on the menu but nothing extra special about the food itself. I was surprised that a place like this didn't offer mustard at the condiment stand. I had to request some at the counter. Didn't care for their fries much and my sausage was over cooked with burn spots. My fiance say his dog was okay but the chili wasn't very flavorful. So just an average place. Seems like they could do so much better for a place like this. Its was a great idea for a little food joint. I doubt I'll go back again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Maplewood, Minnesota
“Yum yum Gyros blows you away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Want a hot dog that's dog diggity good, or maybe a awesome Gyro might be right down your avenue, which ever you chose do not just drive by you need to drive in and eat the goods. We make sure we go there at least once this year we went 3 times in the 5 night stay we were there. The price might seem a little high but look in different books there are coupons out there for 10 percent off there might even be some on google if you enter www.dells (I think that's the web site). I think by this revue you have got the drift one awesome place with curb appeal don't leave tne Dells without one stop in or maybe 2.

1 Thank widell
“Just plain awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were in the Dells May 18-21st. I asked her one night what she wanted for dinner. She said Taco Bell. I wasn't really digging it so I suggested Hot Dog Avenue. It was the best choice ever!! My wife got the Chicago Dog and Philly Cheesesteak sandwich. I got the Georgia Dog and Green Bay dog. They were delicious! In fact, we had it again for dinner the next right. The drive thru is convenient and the staff are very friendly.