“Great waterpark, kids loved it”

Wilderness Territory
Iowa
233 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 505 helpful votes
“Great waterpark, kids loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We spent two nights at the Wilderness resort, so of course we enjoyed the Wilderness waterparks! Admission to the waterparks is included in your room rate. You can not buy day passes to the Wilderness waterparks, which helps cut down on crowds.

The waterslides are fun,and the lines move fast. The lifeguards were attentive for the most part, but one lifeguard wasn't watching close enough and a little girl (looked to be 2 or 3) went down one of the "treehouse" slides before she was supposed to. I had to point out what had happened to the lifeguard as the little girl went careening down the slide right behind another kid. The lifeguard did immediately blow her whistle to alert the other lifeguards that there was a problem. Fortunately the little girl appeared to be fine. No idea where the girl's parents were in all this.

There are several big whirlpools (kids can and will get in too), and a lazy river that is not nearly as big or neat as the outside lazy river at Glacier Canyon. Also a big wave pool, with huge waves. Watch out, because it's easy to get knocked over by the waves or by other people riding the waves.

Seating can be hard to come by, and the food in the waterpark areas is gross. Floors can be extremely slippery, especially in the bathrooms.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank kren250

• Polish first
Illinois
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Brrrr”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

The water is very chilly in the winter. If I am going to pay that much money to stay at a place, I expect the water to be warm enough so I can just walk right in without a chill.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Sophie825
Lake Geneva
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Best indoor water park hands down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

If you have your choice of hotels with a water park to go to this is the best ....the biggest and funnest. plenty of life guards and they seem to do a great job watching over everyone. They have tons to do as a family ..well worth the money, try to get in on a groupon !

2 Thank Donna J
Oshkosh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Waterpark and Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel has never disappointed me during any of my three visits. The rooms are clean and attractive, and the beds are super soft. The water park was pretty crowded during my latest stay, but I think it was because of visiting on the weekend. I love their outdoor hot tubs, and my fiance and I love playing in the timberland play park like a couple of babies...>_>;;; The only issue I have was that the candy store sells single chocolate pretzels for $4, and charges $16.99 for an in room movie, which we did not want to waste money on. Anyways, this is a great hotel, I love the variety of water parks, and activities.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank sonjafunnell
Gary, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My company recently had a convention at this property. Right when we got there, we were greeted with smiles. The front desk staff was so helpful with directions, suggestions, and information about the Dells. The only downfall was a lot of children running around. I understand it is a family waterpark getaway. Therefore, I can't complain. All in all, it's a great place. Rooms are spotless!!! Centurally located as well!

Visited January 2013