“Clean, large room, great customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ambers Hideaway

Ambers Hideaway
Ranked #23 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Macon, Georgia
“Clean, large room, great customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here Feb 22 with my two children (3 & 1) and sister. We were impressed with the size of the room & noted how very clean it was. The beds were really comfortable & I would have slept like a baby if my baby would have let me sleep. We enjoyed the free waterpark passes to Chula Vista, make sure you bring your own towel from home. The next day, I drove about 20 miles away before I realized that I forgot my cell phone on the bed. The front desk confirmed that my phone was there & held it in the office until I could get there. What fantastic customer service! Thank you & can't wait until I'm back in the area so I can stay there again.

Room Tip: Bring towels for Chula Vista
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your review about your stay at our place. It was a pleasure to have you and your sister staying with us. I am happy to hear that we could accommodate you in any way, however the baby not sleeping sorry I could not help with. You are not the 1st person to leave a cell phone behind and we will try in every way to get a hold of people before they leave town so they don't have to out their belongings for a time while waiting for it to be sent back. We look very forward to your return visit with us in the near future. Sincerely, Tanya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Amber's Hideaway was the best hotel/motel stay we've had at the dells so far! It's owner-operated, it has a very clean, comfortable, homey feel (versus a commercial / manufactured feel of a mega-hotel), it was quiet, and had all the comforts one would expect (and lot more). The owner was great, and very caring. She was very helpful with pointing-out restaurants that are recommended by locals and/or things off the beaten path.

Value: The price (on its own) is VERY reasonable - 1/2 to 1/3 of the big guys. Included in the room is a free pass to Chula Vista Water Park (which is good for the entire duration of your stay. -- Normally a Chula Vista Pass is $50/day+ for 2 adults and 1 child.)

Amenities & Rooms: New Remodel, very clean, the rooms are fairly big for a 2-bed (we stayed in the 2-queen room layout). -- best of all? -MEMORY FOAM MATTRESSES!! Fridge and Microwave in the room + coffee maker, cable TV, etc. Mini-donuts, Mini-muffins, and coffee/tea/cocoa in the lobby area (beer + juice + etc. available for sale in the loby cooler).

Coffee Quality: because it's important! -- We didn't make coffee in the room, but they have Torkés. In the Lobby, they have a coffee machine. I'll be honest. I dread travel-coffee and coffee machines, but this coffee was pretty decent for what it was. I would put it on-par with McDonalds/Dunkin/Starbucks or the like. It's not gourmet, but it does the job. We went back for seconds.

Location: Located in the upper dells (Broadway) - Walking distance to a few restaurants, a very large public park with jungle gym, convenience store, etc. - 6 blocks from a grocery store (grocery store + microwave + fridge in room = good for dining budget and also lets you get in some healthier alternatives).

It's conveniently located next to Hwy 13, which is a 3-4 minute drive from Chula Vista. (Stuff's Restaurant is own the way to chula, and tasty/worth the stop).

We'll definitely stay there again as our first choice!

Room Tip: Carrying the free coffee/cocoa and muffins/donuts/fruits back to the room can be a bit daunting **BU...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alex S
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you Alex for staying with us and for your review. It was a pleasure having you and your family (2 wonderful girls) staying with us while you were visiting in town. I had a great time talking with you in the morning and enjoying your girls when they came to get their Chula wrist bands. I am glad that I could give you that personal homey feel versus being a number at the big box places. I was wondering if my mattress would still be in the room because how good you said you slept. I am not a coffee drinker myself but I have heard from my guest how wonderful the "black gold is". I do have a guest that drives 2 1/2 hrs just for my coffee, although he is my father also. When ever you and your family are back in the Dells we look very forward to your return visit with us. Come stay in summer when there is a lot more to do and the weather is nicer. FYI the last 2 weeks of August during the week are a little quieter with a lot of kids already being back in school. Sincerely, Tanya ;-)
Anoka, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed with our three small kids. The room was very spacious, leaving plenty of room for the pack-n-play and all the stuff that comes with kids. Comfortable beds, good sized bathroom, fridge in room, muffins/mini donuts/fruit in the morning, and passes to Chula Vista. Very clean and quiet. Close to everything we wanted to do. We changed hotels after 2 nights to get passes to a different place, but think that we got a better deal at Amber's Hideaway as far as price/size of room/passes. Would come back and recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I would like to say thank you for your comments about your stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that we meet all your expectations. Our rooms are very large and have plenty of space once our guest bring in all there stuff, especially with kids. The staff and I look forward to your return visit with us in the future. Come and stay with us in summer when the grass is green and all the flowers are in bloom. Sincerely, Tanya
Shakopee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed here beginning of March. Owner's are nice and pleasant. The rooms were very clean and comfortable- and ROOMY. Lot's of room. Normally the rooms are so small you are climbing all over each other.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you very much for leaving us a review about your stay with us at Ambers Hideaway. My husband and I like to try to meet every one of our guest during there stay with us. We enjoy giving you that personal friendly welcome and make you feel right at home. Thank you for expressing that are rooms are very clean because we do work very hard at making everything spotless for your stay. Hopefully you will be back in the area again in the future and we look forward to your stay with us. Sincerely, Tanya
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you need a break from the hype of Wisconsin Dells, spend a night at Ambers Hideaway on the "edge of downtown." Located just far enough from downtown to be quiet, but, also close enough to walk into town, this place is squeaky clean. It shows some age, there is no resaurant, but, there is also some peace and quiet at a very fair price.

Owners Tanya and Eddie will do everything they can to make you comfortable. They make sure that quiet time begins at 10:00 PM so you can relax. I love to support local ownership of a good place to stay.

You can't get a better room for a lower cost anywhere in the Dells. The rooms have a lot of space for travel and sports gear. The bath is large but simple. This is a good deal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for leaving us a review about your stay with us this past week. We pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our rooms and our property. The only real original part of the building is the brick that was used to build it in 1988. When we purchased it 2 years ago we did a complete remodel of the interior rooms along with other exterior updates.
We are glad that you had were able to get some peace and quiet amongst our busy lives. We hope to see you again in the near future. Sincerely, Tanya
Waterford, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We took a leap of faith and decided to go off the beaten path of the places we usually stay at while in the Dells. We found Ambers Hideaway on the Wisconsin Dells lodging site. It was a wonderful place to stay! We had the King whirpool suite. It was very clean, the room was huge, and the bed was so comfortable. The prices were reasonable in comparison to other hotels/motels in the area. I liked the fact that it was right off of the downtown area and you could (if the weather was permitting) walk to all the attractions downtown instead of driving. Great place to get away with your significant other or family. We will definitely be back in the summer. This hotel also offers you a wrist band for a local indoor water park. We didn't take advantage of it, but will next time. The only mishap we had was the heat cut off in the night, but I turned it back on. I brought it to the attention of the owner at check out and she said she would have it looked at immediately. Very pleased with our stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you Kathy for leaving us a review about your stay with us this past weekend. I am glad that you took a leap of faith and had a wonderful stay with us. I am glad to hear the beds were comfortable and the room cleanliness was very clean for you. We look very forward to your return visit this summer with us. Oh, I did check the heater right away and it was a simple fix of cleaning the filters internally. Sincerely, Tanya
Germantown, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed here this weekend as part of a girl's getaway and it ended up being the highlight of the trip. Tanya is so devoted to making sure her guests have the exact experience they are hoping for. The room was very large, warm and in pristine conditions. I have to agree with other reviews and say it was easily the cleanest hotel bathroom I have ever encountered. The renovated rooms also have unexpected touches that you would expect to find in someone's home and the beds are in a word, DREAMY!! The best night's sleep I have had in quite some time. I cannot wait to bring my family up each and every summer. Thank you Tanya, see you soon!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
AmbersHideaway, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you Erica for your review about your stay with us this past weekend. It was a pleasure talking and visiting with the 2 of you over the day you had stayed with us. I am glad to hear that your stay with us was the highlight of your getaway. Thank you for acknowledging the cleanliness of our rooms and especially our bathrooms. I am very happy to say thank you, but my knees hate when I clean the floors :-) I look very forward to having you join us in summer with your family. Sincerely, Tanya