“Still Great”

Ranked #23 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
West Bend, Wisconsin
“Still Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

It's been 7-8 months since our last stay at Ambers Hideaway, and nothing has changed. In fact it has gotten even better, if that's possible. The room, the service, the beautiful grounds; all made for a most joyous stay. After a hectic day at the waterparks it is really refreshing to come back to this place for a very nice, relaxed, end of the day. In fact, to my surprise, the grandkids wanted to leave the waterpark early and go back to the pool at Ambers. Something about too many kids, and lifeguards, etc. It's also nice to be able to take an evening walk from the hotel to the downtown area, not having to drive everywhere.
The owners are on the property all the time, and pride in ownership is certainly evident. The staff also was very friendly, and took care of all our needs. We heartily recomend this place, and look forward to a return visit, it is a shining gem amongst all the hotels in the Dells area.

, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Thank you for your response. I am happy that you thought so highly of our place. It was great to see you and the grand kids again and have some time to visit with you. Thank you for feeling that we got better. Since your last stay with us we did add more amenities to our rooms. This year we also added more flowers to the property. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Sincerely, Tanya.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed at Ambers Hideaway in the ajoing rooms this past Sunday through Wednesday and we had a very nice expierence. After doing a lot of research and reading reviews on trip adviser we chose Ambers Hideaway and we were not disapointed. We arrived early and were able to pick up our Waterpark passes and coupons which was great since we had our small children with us and it was a great way to keep them occupied while we waited for our room. The rooms are big and very clean, the beds are also very comfortable.The pool and pool area was clean and the grounds are very well taken care of. You can really tell the owners take pride in this property. They have a play set for kids, basketball, ping pong table and a fire pit. You are close enough to the strip to walk but far enough that it is not noisy. The breakfast they offer was nice and the coffee was really good (big plus for us )We will defiantly be returning in the future.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank jrdmh
, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
I appreciate your comments you left about our place. I am very happy that you had a very nice experience. We work very hard and you are correct we take pride in our facility and grounds. I enjoy the bountifulness of the flowers and yard. We opened this place and offer our customers the amenities that I would like to have when I go someplace. I look forward to your return in the future. Sincerely, Tanya.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

My son is on a travel baseball team and our team stayed here. Ambers was completely remodeled and the owners are there to take care of the place 24/7. You can see the owners take pride in Ambers. The rooms are very spacious and its very cute and kid friendly. Its in walking distance to the downtown area. The thing I liked the most is our team was able to be together. We had a bonfire every night, we grilled out one night, there is a pool for the kids, they played basketball and ping pong. This is something we couldn't have done at one of the bigger parks. It was a little weird when the lights automatically went out at 10 with no warning.

, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I am happy that you found our place very well suited for your teams needs. We have worked very had to make our facility useable for everybody, from the gazebo to relax in, to the ping pong table for guest to play. We have a large grassy area for kids to run and play.
At check in we have you initial that you we have told you that at 10 pm the large globes get turned down and we ask kindly that you use night time voices to be courteous to all other guest. If the large lights are left on guest have a hard time trying to rest because of the brightness. I hope that if you are ever back in the area you will stay again. Sincerely, Tanya.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

There is a young man who works the front desk and check in with very rude and acted like I was bothering him. Everything we asked for he gave us the look like leave me the hell alone. He would ignore my children, when my kids would want to ask a question or say hello he would just walk on by. We ask for extra garbage bags so we can clean up our area and our room, he was reluctant to do so. I was extremely upset when he turned off the pool lights with my children still swimming. Which scared them. I have a friend who stays there every year who says the owner is such a nice person. I did not have a chance to meet her, but knowing exactly that I will go back again. But that young man needs to brush up on his people skills or he is just in the wrong field of work. The young lady who worked behind a counter was very nice and the maintenance man was very helpful to our needs. The 1 thing I wish it had was a business center just a computer and printer. Wifi was not working with cell phones or even are ipad tablet I could not do any searching on what to do with my kids. A business center would of extremely came in handy. I would recommend this hotel to families with younger children. There is area for basketball, barbecuing and a park and an outdoor swimming pool. Lights go out and everything closes at 10 pm. For young teens and teenagers there is nothing to do but sleep. but if you are traveling what little ones I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012
, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for your response. After reading your comment I spoke with the young man helping cover my desk that day. He normally works other parts of the property but is also trained for front desk. He was helping me out I was short staffed that day. I brought it to his attention and spoke with him about the matter. We have free wifi and there is a guest service book in the room with the proper settings to get onto the wifi. I am limited on space in the front office to put a business center and since most everyone travels with their lap top I didn't feel there was a demand for it.
At check in everyone initials the terms of what we expect. It is stated in there that at 10 pm the large globes go down. We try to respect everyone's needs. With the large lights on it is bright and people that are trying to rest cant. There is a sign posted on the pool fence of the time that it closes. We always inform anyone in the pool area that it will be closing shortly before turning down the lights. We never tell anyone that after the lights go down you have to sleep. We just kindly ask that you respect the other guest by keeping the noise down.
I look forward to your return. Sincerely, Tanya
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed at Amber's based on recommendations by tripadvisor and the fact that they had WiFi and free breakfast. The place did have a lot of good qualities...the rooms are large and clean, the pool was nice and there is a swingset, outdoor tables, a fire pit and basketball hoop.

The WiFi worked fine for me in our room and at the outdoor pool. I teach online and was trying to finish up some grading so it was nice to be able to get that done while the kids swam.

The breakfast was not much but they did advertise it as a mini continental breakfast so I was not expecting much. They had fruit, coffee and some mini muffins/donuts. If you want a bigger breakfast, there is a restaurant right next door (Mitzi's American Grill). We did not eat breakfast there but went there for dinner the night before and their breakfast menu looked good.

The rooms are non-smoking and were large and clean. But people sit outside their room and smoke so when you go out, you get hit with smoke smell. Maybe we just happened to be there on a night with a lot of smokers but it definitely was annoying. There were other tables over by the pool so we went and sat over there. I think it would be good if they could have a section of the motel reserved for non-smokers so you can sit outside your room without smelling cigarette smoke.

Room Tip: Nonsmokers should ask to be put far away from smokers
2 Thank L M
, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our place and all of the accommodations. We work very hard as a team to keep this place clean and want to ensure you have the best experience. As for the smokers it is very hard when booking individual rooms or a block of rooms to find out who smokes and who doesn't. We try our best to accommodate everybody. We express at check in that there is NO SMOKING in any rooms and ask people kindly to keep windows and doors shut so it doesn't go back into the room. We try to give everybody the same treatment that is why we allow you to sit outside your room and give every room an ashtray to properly dispose of cigarettes. Most everybody is courteous to each other. I hope when you are traveling in this area again you will stay here and I look forward to your return.
West Bend, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Our grandson was in a baseball tournament in the Dells. The team stayed at a water park, but Grandpa and I felt that was not for us. We booked accomodations at Ambers Hideaway sight unseen and were delighted with our choice. The facility, the grounds, and the rooms were attractive and immaculately clean. The continental breakfast found in the office each morning was delicious. The motel was well located, that is, close to the water parks, close to the ball field, and close to the "main street" with all its little shops and fudge stores. We have recommended Ambers Hideaway to friends who will visit the Dells in July, and we will definitely return. The experience was much like staying in the home of a good friend.

Room Tip: A note, please. I did not use a fitness center so cannot comment. I entered that rating in error...
, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Judith it was a pleasure to have the 2 of you stay at our place. I am happy that you were highly impressed with Ambers. We strive very hard to welcome every guest and make them feel at home. Thank you for the referrals and I look so forward to your return with us. Sincerely, Tanya
Fox River Grove, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We went there with our baseball team for a tournament in the Dells. We signed up for the tournament late so all the large waterpark resorts didn't have a room block for our team.

It ended up being even better FOR THE TEAM staying at Ambers Hideaway. Our family has stayed at big resorts for tournaments in past years. At this hotel, the team could come back from games and jump right in the pool. Parents could hang out at the camp fire. Team cook outs were possible. We were not all spread out at a giant water park or desparately looking for a place to sit and socialize as a team.

PLUS the kids got to spend time at the Chula Vista water park as a team too. It is not the largest waterpark but the kids were happy with it, and it wasn't impossible to track the kids down if we needed to find them.

The rooms were nice. The whole hotel had been renovated in the last couple of years. The owners were very helpful when we needed a new key or more towels, as well as, understanding about all of the boys running around the grounds.

My husband said he hopes that we stay at Ambers Hideaway for future tournaments in the Dells!

, Owner at Ambers Hideaway, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I am very happy that your team felt welcome here. We do have the room for the kids to run and burn up energy, yet close by is the campfire pit for the rest. With having multiple grills on property everybody can enjoy cooking out. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Sincerely, Tanya.