“Just OK...RUDE/UNFRIENDLY Workers :(”
Review of Riverview Park and Waterworld - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Riverview Park and Waterworld
More attraction details
Owner description: In addition to thrilling water rides, this park offers Grand Prix racing and miniature golf.
Homewood, IL
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Just OK...RUDE/UNFRIENDLY Workers :(”
Reviewed July 24, 2008

We went to Riverview Park in Summer 2006 & 2007. My young daughter liked it (aged 4 and 5 those two summers). I agree with some other reviews the place is kind of a cheap/tacky carnival, again something most kids would like...if it's just adults in your party definitely stay away! I did not get to experience their waterpark/slides so can't comment on that. One thing I will say is the foreign girl who worked at the ticket booth, which I'm almost certain was the same girl both times in 2006 & 2007 was pretty rude and EXTREMELY unhelpful. She didn't seem to want to answer your questions or offer helpful suggestions on tickets/wristbands, etc. She seemed to really dislike her job--she needs to not be dealing with the public because she alone left a bad taste in my mouth about this place. The other attendents to the rides/games seemd pretty nice and helpful for the most part.

North Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Junky Carnival”
Reviewed July 10, 2008

This place was a big disappointment. There was no rollercoaster which they show in all their literature. The rides were like junky little carnival rides. The go-cart tracks were so bumpy and not maintained that I bruised my tailbone on them and wasn't able to go on any rides after that anyway.

Illinois
“Unpleasant”
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Not the place for smaller children. Most rides are 42" & up. A lot of the staff were very unpleasant & rude, as well as pregitous. When handing the lady at the counter my money, she sat my change on the counter as if she couldn't give it back in my hand. I noticed it was only me, that she did it too.

DeKalb, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Waste of time for small children, junky!”
Reviewed June 2, 2008

My husband and I took out 2 year old son to only the amusement part of the park. It is definately a junky carnival and gives you a dirty feeling. I called once ahead of time (1 day) to make sure that there would be plenty for my son to be able to do. The lady on the phone listed off several things he could do. When we got there we asked the ticket person the same thing. She too said that he can go on everything with us. NOT the case!! There was only one thing he could go on with us, the others he was either too short or we were too big (they were kiddy carts) This might be good for children 42 inches and taller because then there would be several go cart tracks they could ride on. Definately did not appreciate being lied to! I wouldn't waste your time.

1 Thank AJsMommy811
Milwaukee
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Worst place in the Dells”
Reviewed May 20, 2008

First off, they make no mention of any promotions and after already buying some tickets, we found on Tuesdays they have bracelets for Wisconsin residents. Second our daughter, age 2 at the time, hated the rides. Maybe there are some rides for older kids, but this did not live up to the theme park experience for any price. I've also been told by a friend that the water area is unsafe and her brother was almost seriously injured. Stay Away!