“Love the Tour - done it several times”

Original Wisconsin Ducks
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour the Wisconsin Dells area by land and water on amphibious World War II vehicles.
Bayside
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Love the Tour - done it several times”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My family loves the Original Dells Boat tour. We find it very fun, relaxing and enjoyable. We always use coupons as it is very expensive. It is definitely something everyone should do when visiting the Dells.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank SBZ53217

• Polish first
Burlington, Wisconsin
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Long Time Since I Did This, But Fun Ride!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I enjoyed going on the Original Wisconsin Ducks when in the Dells area for a fall getaway to visit friends and go to the casino. I found myself with nothing to do when both of the friends that I was in the area to visit ended up having to work till the middle of the afternoon. I remembered how much I enjoyed the Ducks when I was younger, so I decided to go on the Ducks ride to pass some time. It had been several years since I was on the Ducks. I went on the 11:00 tour--one of only 3 tours scheduled for the day now that it is very late in the season. I ended up being the only person on the ride! I never thought I would be alone on here, but it was sort of neat to get a private tour of the Wisconsin River, Lake Delton, Dell Creek, and the rides through the woods on the Duck trails. Travis, my tour guide, did a nice job, and he was able to connect with me on more of a personal level because I was alone on the tour. At the same time, though, it was kind of awkward for both him and me just having the driver and one passenger on the boat. I felt like I was short-changed a bit because I did not think Travis did as much narration as is done on a typical tour with lots of people on board. I remembered there being many more landmarks and formations pointed out when I was younger than what Travis mentioned. But, he did tell some good jokes and stories. Another reason I felt somewhat short-changed was that we returned back to the Duck dock in only 40 minutes or so. The tours would last closer to 1 hour when I was younger. The part where the driver tries to sell the book of postcards was also awkward to me because I did not want to purchase it but almost felt compelled to explain myself when declining to buy it since it was just me on board. Overall, though, I enjoyed the Ducks and it was reminiscent of my childhood and times I visited the Dells as a child. My friends had a good laugh when I told them that I got a private Duck ride! I think this is a must-do activity when in the Dells.

Visited November 2013
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Original Ducks, among the original fun in Wisconsin Dells”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Wisconsin River is a MUST when you visit the Dells. No matter how much WATERPARK you get, you need to get on the river and the Original Ducks is one fun way to see the LOWER Dells, called "lower" because it is below the dam. (To see UPPER, recommend a nice boat ride). This is a cross generational ride and in fact, it is a better experience shared. I've taken the ride just to take pictures because for those wanting river photo ops, this is it! The jokes are a tad on the vaudeville side but hey! that just adds to the experience. Time on a vacation is easily filled and the Water Park Capital of the World can keep you by pool/ water-slide side all day. Try to get away and give couple of hours to a fun and relaxing ride, through the woods & on the water - look for the green & white Ducks! You will be doing what started Wisconsin Dells to be Wisconsin Dells in the first place: touring the river!

Visited September 2013
New Prague, Minnesota
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Never gets old”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was probably the third time I've been on the ducks. Once probably in the early to mid 80's, once probably in 1999 or 2000, and then this November. There are parts of it that have not changed in 30 years. We had our 5 and 7 year old with us now, and it was great for them. Not only do you get a nice tour of the area, but we had some great luck in seeing the wildlife.

It was about $106 for 3 adults and 2 kids, which felt a little high, but overall it was worth it.

Visited November 2013
Plovdiv, Bulgaria
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Worth it”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

It's an awesome and fun way to see the nature in The Dells. The vehicles travel both on water and land so it's not just a boat tour,but also a fun ride through the forest. The driver was hilarious and made jokes throughout the entire ride. Definitely worth taking that ride,even with kids.

Visited November 2012