“Great tradition in the Dells!”

Original Wisconsin Ducks
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour the Wisconsin Dells area by land and water on amphibious World War II vehicles.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great tradition in the Dells!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been coming to the dells for over 23 years and still love coming every summer. One thing we always do on our first night is take a ride on the Duck Boats...love them! It's fun, relaxing, and entertaining. The kids love it and the adults seem to always enjoy this as well! It starts off as a tour on land, and eventually the boat takes a splash into the water. You get to see the different rock formation and enjoy the views on the lake! The drivers of these boats are always friendly and go out of their way to make the ride as fun as possible! A must see.

Visited July 2012

• Polish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“So Cool!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

An amazing attraction. It has some thrills when the ride picks up speed but is also so educational and beautiful! This ride is very entertaining for all ages.

Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Usually a one-time ride”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The Ducks are always great fun, but it is usually a one-time and that is enough attraction.

A "Duck" is an amphibious vehicle used during WWII.

There are several ways to get a child either 1/2 price or free(Culver's Kids Card or a Dells Attraction Card that comes with a WisDells tourism book. With a small fee for a Dells Splash Card adults can also be purchased at a very reduced rate.

The ride itself is great for seniors that aren't the most mobile, smallest of children, and any age.

Well i guess that my family is an exception to the first sentence, but that is because we are going to be tour guides for some friends this year to the Ducks and Dells. We will be riding the attraction again.

The scenery is great and you get to see things that most people don't see. Whether it is in the woods or in the water. There are great sights to see. From hills to cliffs and other rock formations.

The Ducks are great. Even if you do go more than once.

Oh, I forgot to mention the first time we made the trip to the Ducks was in 2007 and will be there again in June 2013. The date stated in the post is not correct. It was that furthest date out to choose from.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank nflybye
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Good with a coupon”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is definitely worth it, if you go with a coupon, otherwise kinda pricey. But nice scenery, some funny jokes, a nice breeze on a hot day.

Visited June 2012
MN or UK
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A tradition worth the visit for the kids”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Obviously this is an iconic traditional activity to do when in the Dells. We had a great time, though I remember the trip being longer and having more enterances and exits from the water, but it was a very long time ago when I was on this before. The scenery is beautiful, thought I think they spend too much time explaining the names of rock formations.

The one complaint I have is a theme I noticed for the first time at attractions, not sure if it's just a Dells thing, a new industry thing, or something I've just not noticed before, but towards the end of the trip the driver stops the duck and gives a long pitch to get people to buy a book under the premise that all the proceeds go for his tip. I find this practice disgusting. I have a lot of sympathy for the guides, I worked through college at one of my own local attractions as a guide so I know how much the tips are appreciated, but frankly when you pay the outrageouse prices they charge here, and other Dells attractions, I expect them to pay their guides a living wage. That said, I'm still usually happy to tip a little to a guide that did a really nice Job and I don't even mind them mentioning tips AT THE END OF A TOUR, "if you liked my tour, please feel free to leave a tip in the hat." however, being stopped half way through the tour is akin to taking a cruise half way across the lake and being charged extra to take you home. It really made me uncomfortable and put me off, and frankly in any tour that happens i will not buy the product or tip.

Visited October 2012