“watch out for the hills” 3 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Shores Boat Rental and Marina
wisconsin rapids
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“watch out for the hills”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2005

large spread out campground,alot of walking.beware on bikes.dangerous hills,my child had to have stitches falling off a bike down the steep hills.

2 Thank jrkma

Chicago, Illinois
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Big ol' campground”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2005

We tent camped here recently. This is a huge campground - it is difficult to get around the winding roads at first. Quiet hour at night was great - this is the first place I've been to where I didn't have trouble sleeping. Plus an off-duty cop car does patrols.

The bathrooms are ok, clean enough. The showers need more pressure and there needs to be more counter space for the gals.

Sites are pretty close together, but there's a lot of trees that help add privacy.

Staff was friendly and helpful - both at the campground and marina.

This was a good campground, just too BIG for our tastes. Wall to wall people everywhere.

3 Thank viral_smile
Naperville, IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“To the contrary”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2005

Contrary to the previous review our family has had nothing but good times and have nothing to say except good things about Holiday Shores. I for one am a very finnicky camper. I don't like campground operators that treat you like an inconvenience rather than a valued customer. I insist on campgrounds that look like campgrounds and not like trailer camps. When I call to make reservations they recognize my voice and call me by my first name. I love the tall pines on the riverfront campsites and my kids love the fire engine ride as well as the pool. We all love the fresh made donuts in the morning and the friendly staff that make you feel genuinely welcome. Larry from Naperville

3 Thank LarryPNaperville_IL
A TripAdvisor Member
“Save yourself the constant complaints”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2004

Not only did we rent a pontoon boat at Holiday Shores but we stayed at the campground. We have been camping for 14 years and have never received a complaint anywhere. I am figuring the owners and their family have been doing this too many years and need to retire they complained about everything we did and accused us of trying to sneak people in which were already registered and paid for. We will go back to the dells,but not there. And a few of the other campers that we talked to will not also. Try somewhere else where they are not too tired of people.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member