“Great Experience with Boat Rental!”

Holiday Shores Boat Rental and Marina
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We rented a pontoon boat on Tuesday after July 4th weekend. My husband had never driven a boat, and we weren't sure what to expect. The staff was friendly, and they explained everything we needed to know. They gave us a map, and told us where we could/could not go. They even made recommendations on good places to stop for our kids (ages 7 and 4) to play on the beach. Our pontoon had a canopy top, which proved to be quite useful since we encountered a 30 minute rain shower while we were out in the boat. I would certainly recommend Holiday Shores to anyone who wants to get out on the lake while in the Dells!

4  Thank prizeseeker

Reviewed August 10, 2010

I don't get camping, but my son loves it. He grew up here in the summers with more freedom that he had at home. He loved riding bikes, shooting baskets, the firetruck,and going to the Sat. night dances. He loved the pool and later... ,the girls...In the blink of an eye, he grew up. This week he leaves for college.
Thank you Ward Family, for all the fine memories of those summers with my son at Holiday Shores. Thank you for your dedication to this campground...and so much more.

2  Thank mizzoumom_10
Reviewed August 12, 2008

beware, before you rent from this place, they told us, (after we paid for our rentals,) the campground and the boat rental are different owners, and the people that rented boats were not allowed to use the campground beach. we had 42 people on the beach when a young lady with the word staff on her shirt came up to us and told us we had to move from the beach becuase it was for campground patrons, (which was the only area with a shore for the young children to go in the water,) In the 3 hours we were there I never saw any1 use that beach.

When we arrived there,the rude women at the counter told us we could drive down to the beach and unload our gear, as the parking area for the boat renters was too far a walk to carry a cooler, chairs, bags, etc. when we got to the turn to the marina another member of the staff told us we were not allowed to drive down there, we told him we were renting boats and the rude lady said we could drive our stuff down, he let us go. remember the young lady? when she told us we had to leave the beach, she told us the other staff member at the turn told her we bullied him into letting us drive down to the beach, and we went down there without his o.k.

There were other problems, but time and space limitations prevent me from elaborating any further.

If it was not for the employees, this could be a nice place. I did not encounter a single person, with staff on thier shirt, that was pleasant, helpful or knew what customer service was.

1  Thank DJC8
Reviewed June 18, 2007

We have stayed at several different campgrounds and we like this Campground the best! We are from northern Iliinois and the campgrounds out here are in the middle of corn fields with little or nothing to do. At Holiday Shores there are plenty of things to do including fishing on the Wiconsin River, Speed Boats, Ski Jets, Para Sailing, Pontoon Boats, Swim Beach (Wisconsin River), Pool, I could go on and on. The staff is friendly, the sites are large enough with tall majestic pine trees in between you and your neighbor. We camp in the river front area every year and it is awsome. The bathroom and shower facilities can use some updating but we haven't seen the campground this year yet but we are going there this Sunday through Friday, June 24-29. We are hoping they made a few updates. We were told that they do now have a laundry facility which is nice. The Dells is a short drive away down River Rd. so if you somehow run out of things to do while camping then you can visit downtown Dells. We camped in tents on our first visit and in our Pop-Up camper on our more recent visits... Mark & Cheryl from Romeoville IL.

1  Thank Pop-upcampers
Reviewed June 3, 2007

We camped here in 2006 and the staff was HORRIBLY RUDE - the kids that "help" run the marina were terrible. We rented a boat that would not start and left us stranded for 1/2 hour. Once we finally got some help, the "marina manager" then blamed the problem on us (experienced boaters) and said that they would not give us another boat to complete the time that we had paid for or a refund of our money. However, even the mechanic that came out to fix the boat said that it was not our fault - that it was a malfunction of the motor.

The "adults" on the docks were almost as bad as the kids. My wife forgot her shorts on the boat and when I went back to try to get them - the "marina manager" told me that I should "start looking in the garbage." I went to talk to the owner of the entire campground to complain about how we had been treated, and he just said that he didn't believe me, that they treated us that way, and didn't even offer an apology! I will never go back to this place and hope that you will not either. People that rude should not be in the service industry!!

4  Thank BAF758