All reviewsgreat locationolder propertywithin walking distancefree water park passesstayed hereclose to downtownfridge and microwaveflat screen tvcomfortable bedswould stay here againattractionscoupon
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Clean, friendly front desk. Great location. Great price. Would stay here again. No frills, but it is a motel. Furnishings are dated, but in working order and again, clean. Small parking lot. Only negative; we smelled cigarette smoke from outside a few times.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2017

It's not a five-star hotel, it's a motel, but I've stayed at the White Rose Motel across the street and the River Road Motel is so much better than that place! The rooms are more updated and significantly larger. My friends and I stay in this area when we have our annual girls' night out in the Dells. It's cheap and within walking distance to the bars on the strip. This was our first time staying at the River Road Motel and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Didn't check out our available lodging which was a mistake. Only good thing about this place is the location. Not impressed with cleanliness of this motel as baseboards in bath needed a good cleaning. Bed were uncomfortable. There are definitely better options in the Dells but we wanted to be within walking distance to town.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

I booked this room last minute because I wanted a night away with my family and my kids wanted to swim. There are a 100 motels with pools or passes to waterpark but we chose this one because we wanted to check out Chula Vista. Their website states " free water park passes to Chula Vista per room" when we arrived the lady who checked us in stated we had to spend 2 nights to get the passes. Not one place on their website could I find that! It only states free passes PER ROOM. I showed the lady where it says that and she said she would sell them to me for $15 a piece. I told her I would of never booked at the River Road if the passes were not included. She finally said she would sell us tickets for $5 a piece. This was a scam. False advertising. The other disappointment was they advertise coffee in the morning. I went out at 7:45 am and the office was dark and closed. No coffee. The pros of this place is that it was clean And it's a nice location. I would not stay here again. There is so many other motels that have heated pools or offer waterpark passes with just one night stay to go to in the dells. I also feel they scammed us.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

We 5 "older" high school friends spent two days in the Dells. We stayed in five rooms in this motel. It was charming, had large rooms with refrigerators and microwaves, hair dryers and soap, shampoo and conditioner all included. Every room was spotlessly clean. We also appreciated the ice machine and free coffee in the office! Oh, and the price is very reasonable, too. The owners gave us a coupon that saved us 20% on the prices of attractions. Thanks!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends