New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“my experience at the Finch Motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Finch Motel

Finch Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Finch Motel
You added Finch Motel to your Saves list
Ranked #41 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Cedar Falls, Iowa
“my experience at the Finch Motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Super mid week rates starting at 57 a night. Motel is nothing fancy but extra clean accommodation . Beds comfoftable and free morning coffee each day. The oners are wonderful super helpful people. You also can recieve mount olympus water park tickets for 30 dollars off the regular price and good for up to 6 people so you only pay 15 dollars a ticket. Do the math still far cheeper then the places with tickets provided. Also many other discount tickets avalible with your stay at 25% off. So if you do not mind basic accommodation this place is well worth it. I would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: We got a second floor end room it was perfict with table and chairs set around the porch of our room...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Theresa S

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New Richmond, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here as we were passing through the dells from House on the Rock towards home. The room was only $50 which is amazing. There is no thrills, being no pool, no tickets to a park or anything, but it was cheap and close to the strip. My husband and I went out and had dinner, and than had a few drinks. It was a easy walk back, and the location of the hotel made for a fun night. There were no scary people around like most hotels, the service was great, the room was clean, the bathroom was nice, the bed was okay for a cheap hotel. The TV of course the old tube tv, and it was the actual key hotel, but what do you expect for $50? Over all I think it was a very fair room for the price. Check out is at 10:30 rather than 11:00 at most hotels, but again you get what you pay for. I would come here again if I were looking for a cheap room downtown dells.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stacy C
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was in the Dells with a group and the usual motel I stay at was sold out. The finch had 1 room left, so i booked it. I was in room #5. Very nice room, hot shower, and nice cold A/C. The only drawback to this room was the Dells is very busy at night and you get some street noise. The owner was friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Stay on the newer side of the motel....and not on the end.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Keiko96
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We went to the Dells for a fun couples' trip this past summer and wanted something inexpensive yet clean and by all of the action. The Finch totally exceeded our expectations. This is not a five star resort by any means... but for a group of couples who wanted to have a good time and be able to walk to the downtown bar scene..this is the place. The rooms are very basic as is the property, but everything was super clean. Service was great too!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank businesstrav0127
Lake Villa, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have to state that I was concerned after reading a few of reviews. No reason to worry. It is very clean. It is relatively inexpensive for the Dells. Yes, the towels are paper thin but the room was CLEAN. It is best to stay on the top floor.

Room Tip: stay on the upper floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mhparks
Cedar Falls, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We were extremely pleased with the stay here. We had been staying outside of town, and found this location right off the downtown strip. We didn't need a pool considering we went to the waterpark, and 4 of us fit comfortably in the room. The owner was super friendly and when we needed anything, she was right on top of it (Extra toilet paper, cups, and even an ironing board and iron). I would definitely come back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank thejacqisback
Elmhurst, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I booked my room at the Finch for 2 days as they have a 2 night minimum during high season. I provided a credit card for the reservation. The day of check in I arrived in town in the morning to enjoy the day in the Dells. I spent a great day with my family on the water. When I returned to my car to drive to my hotel, I had 2 missed calls from the Finch. I immediately called the ph# to have the woman on the phone ask me where I've been and to be told that they gave my room to someone else. I couldn't believe that I had 2 exhausted kids in needs of a bath and a nap and nowhere to stay. The purpose of making a RESERVATION is to reserve the room. I was 2 hours from home with nowhere to sleep during their busiest season and they had a credit card to guarantee my room and sold it to someone else!!!!!!!! WORST EVER!!! DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family