“A nice cottage on the lake”
Review of Sandy Beach Resort

Sandy Beach Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Sandy Beach Resort
Aurora, Illinois
“A nice cottage on the lake”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

This is not a fancy cottage; but for a basic cottage, it was nice. The family that runs it is very nice and very accessible. They were always around and incredibly friendly. I normally stay at 4 or 5 star hotels, so this wasn't quite what I was used to, however, when I think about the fact that it was a CABIN, not a hotel, it made me realize it was exactly what my family was looking for. There were no bugs (except some errant mosquitos) and we had all the basic necessities we needed. It felt like it was the 1970's. Kind of like visiting your childhood. I say give it a try. You can stay at a resort anywhere, Wisconsin Dells should be more about the little guy.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank NapervilleTeacher

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 7, 2010

They use the term "resort" very loosley! The rooms smell musty and moldy. The carpets are filthy & disgusting (probably original carpet). The rooms have insects and spiders and dingy beds and linens, old school T.V.s with pirated cable, microscopic bars of soap, no shampoo, limited paper-thin towels. Rusty grills, nasty paint-chipped and dirty picnic tables, the playground is a trip to the E.R. in waiting, uncombed dirty beach, moldy life vests, a concrete ping pong table which I am sure has sent a few kids to the E.R. over the years. Oh yeah I forgot to mention this "resort" does not have a front desk attendant so good luck when you need something. It would be one thing if it was inexpensive, but it's not. I HIGHLY recommend paying a little more to stay at a TRUE resort. I couldn't find a good thing about it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family