“Garbage, but not as good as garbage.”

Captain Ron's Original Dells Jet Boats
More attraction details
Owner description: The 1st Jet Boat Tour in the Midwest. Tour the Upper Dells with 360 degree spins, power stops & speeds up to 45 mph. Located 3 mi. n. of Wisconsin Dells. Reservations advised!
Reviewed June 11, 2009

This place takes reservations for tours that do not exist.

The whole idea of a reservation is that you will be riding the jet boat at the time you reserved.
This is not how this place does business. If you have a reservation and show up, you don't go on the boat. You wait in the parking lot for hours, waiting for other sad people who made your same mistake, except they never come because they know better than to book this garbage company. Then, they say the boat isn't going out at all!!!

If you pay for this you will have a great self led parking lot tour as the jet boats are a reality for a fraction of the people who pay for the tour.

2  Thank nmbjs
in 8 reviews
in 35 reviews
in 2 reviews

Reviewed April 1, 2009

We had the opportunity to ride both these Jet Boats and the other ones while in the Dells last spring. These were a lot of fun, got somewhat wet, but not soaking. That would be good for some people who didn't want a ton of wet. We didn't have many people on our ride, The driver was good, but nothing spectacular that got us "pumped up." I did like that he took you close to the Dam and I got some good pictures from that point. In fact, at first it looked like we was going to drive us right over, but he didn't. That was a lot of fun. The rest of the ride was only okay. Would go on again, but the other jet boats offered a lot more wet & excitement!

3  Thank denny4
Reviewed July 4, 2008

We had Captain Ron himself for our trip. As he loaded the boat he asked how wet we wanted to get, and he said the first couple of rows were getting wet no matter what. The dock and ticket booth are out along county Rd N, just a few miles out of town. There is an upper parking area, near the ticket booth and the restaurant, and also a lower lot a bit closer to the dock. A wooden walkway leads down to the jet boats. It was a very fun trip, mixed with history, jokes, speed, and WATER. You get to go all the way downtown within yards of the dam, all the way up the river to where it really widens out. Stopping the boat quickly send a huge rush of water in the air and over most of the boat. Then there is the spinning stop, which sends a wave of water over the first row or so of the boat. My 6 y.o. loved it, enough of the fast and wet to keep a smile plastered on his face the whole time. Bring a bag for your camera to be safe, and I would also recommend some insect repellant for the time on the dock waiting for the boat.
A great time!! - would do this again

3  Thank FSU88
Reviewed June 2, 2008

Well, I think this was the jet boat tour I went on, although it seems a little different then the review that was on here already. We did not get offered ponchos and our guide didn't give us any hints about where the best place to sit would be, but I think that was part of the fun. I don't think any of us realized how wet we were going to get on this ride until another boat that just completed the tour pulled in next to us. We realized everyone on the boat was soaking wet!! I was sitting in the very front middle. And I would recommend this spot. We got wet...really wet, but not nearly as wet as the people behind us. I believe our guides name was Ted because he said something about Ted's excellend adventure at the end. It is a lot of fun though. You get to see the sights up close, but yet you are having a blast. And I believe they don't give a sales pitch because you are so wet that you can't hold anything. So that's a plus too. Definately check this out if you want a fun time.

2  Thank Gabby78
See more reviews
Reviewed June 1, 2008

This was a really fun experience. We have done the jet boats before and will continue to do this every summer. This weekend we were with a party of 13. Basically you start out with a slow ride on the jet boat that seats 20, and you take a close at the dam. Then you go fast for a bit. Then it's a combination of sightseeing, doing donuts, and sudden stops so the front of the boat dips down low. We saw lots of turtles on the shore and an eagle. All our kids loved it. The one child who started out scared - loved it by the end. (Small children must wear life jackets - recommended ages 3 & up.) All the adults loved this trip too. Tips are encouraged at the end - we gave a buck or two per family. I would recommend this for family fun of all ages!

2  Thank travlin-with-tots