“Definitely Fun!”

Captain Ron's Original Dells Jet Boats
More attraction details
Owner description: The 1st Jet Boat Tour in the Midwest. Tour the Upper Dells with 360 degree spins, power stops & speeds up to 45 mph. Located 3 mi. n. of Wisconsin Dells. Reservations advised!
Reviewed June 1, 2008

This was a really fun experience. We have done the jet boats before and will continue to do this every summer. This weekend we were with a party of 13. Basically you start out with a slow ride on the jet boat that seats 20, and you take a close at the dam. Then you go fast for a bit. Then it's a combination of sightseeing, doing donuts, and sudden stops so the front of the boat dips down low. We saw lots of turtles on the shore and an eagle. All our kids loved it. The one child who started out scared - loved it by the end. (Small children must wear life jackets - recommended ages 3 & up.) All the adults loved this trip too. Tips are encouraged at the end - we gave a buck or two per family. I would recommend this for family fun of all ages!

2  Thank travlin-with-tots

Reviewed July 21, 2007

I visited The Original Dells Experience Jet Boats this past Friday for the 6pm tour. I arrived around 5:30 to check in. The ticket counter had 3 wonderful, friendly people there to take the money, help with any questions and head you in the right direction. They also had disposable cameras and ponchos for sale in case you came unprepared for how wet you can get.

The captain on my tour happened to be Rusty, who was excellent! He talked to the visitors as they made their way on the boat and explained how wet you would get if you sat in certain places. (If you sit in the first 3 rows expect to get really wet!!) We had around 35-40 people in our boat and the youngest was a 3 year old little boy.

Captain Rusty narrated the entire tour, which goes over all the history of the area along with all of the sites to see and makes it seem fun and educational at the same time. Once you get out into the open river the fun begins! The boat alternates from these nose dives from slamming on the brakes where you swear that the front of the boat will hit the bottom of the river to really scary 360 degree turns. There were four little kids in our boat and they loved it! Captain Rusty was also very good about telling you when to hide your camera in advance.

The tour lasts around an hour and a half and it was a great time for the money for sure! Also, there was absolutely no sales pitch like the other boat rides in the Dells. You can feel free to tip the captain himself or there is a tip jar at the ticket counter that you can tip if you feel like it on the way out, there was no pressure at all.

As far as clothes, I would recommend that you wear something you don't mind getting wet. Also, they have changing rooms if you want to change after the ride which is exactly what I did since I went out to dinner afterward.

They recommend you make reservations since many large parties from birthdays to bachelor parties can take up a large part of the boats.

5  Thank krog8
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 28, 2003

While on a trip to the Dells with my parents, children and boyfriend we went on a jet boat ride at 10am. It was a chilly morning so we all had pants on and sweat shirts. Not the right clothing for this ride. You WILL get wet. Best to go on a nice hot afternoon. We all had a BLAST anyway. We would definately do it again. We got a nice long ride for the $$. The 10yr old and 12yr old had the best time I think - they got VERY wet. My 6yr old decided to hide by grandpa and was at times a little scared when we did quick stops and turns but said he had fun.
The scenery was pretty good too. It was a nice tour.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member