Wisconsin Dells Water Parks at Chula Vista Resort
Indianapolis
3 attraction reviews
“Fun”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

It may not have as many rides as noah's ark but it doesn't have the lines either. Had a great time, plenty of rides and slides to keep you busy for hours. A fun beach and rides close enough to watch your big kids and little ones all at the same time. Plus it was free with our hotel stay.

Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Unimpressed”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We had free passes through our hotel. Went with our 4 year old daughter and 6 year old nephew. We brought a lifejacket for our daughter, but there were none to be seen if we had wanted one for our nephew (people were using the empty pegs on the lifejacket stand to hang their towels). The place was PACKED. Everything you read about the lazy river is true - maybe 1 tube per 20 people, if that. Lifeguards were scarce. My daughter cut her foot and there wasn't a lifeguard in sight. My husband came down a slide and half way down a little girl was stuck - and had been while at least five other people came down the slide. He was injured trying not to run into her. There were no lifeguards at the top or bottom of the slides. My daughter required one trip to first aid, and my husband two (he bled through the first set of bandages). The woman in first aid was very nice, and VERY BUSY. Safety does not seem to be a priority at this facility. I am very glad it was free because I certainly would not have paid for it. And if I were staying at the resort I would have been livid (I am certain we were not the only ones there with free passes). We went here once before in the winter and it was much less crowded. It still would not be on my top five list for waterparks in the Dells.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank SBATrip
Ashland, Wisconsin
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“It was ok...”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We got our tickets free with a motel stay. It's really nothing special. Wave pool was really lame, not many things to do.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank wisconny_woman88
Bloomington, Minnesota
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Fun Family Time - Indoors AND Outdoors!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Overall, our family enjoyed the waterpark, especially having the option to be inside or outside. Having experienced other waterparks, here is what we liked and disliked.

The kiddy pool inside was really great and gave our 3-yr old the chance to go down a couple of small waterslides with soft landings. I got dizzy watching him do it at LEAST 20 times! ;-) The outside kiddy area wasn't as great because it only offered a "climb around this apparatus and get splashed experience" with no area to wade.

We were surprised (and bummed) to find no wave pool outside. And although there was a pool outside it was tiny and too packed to really enjoy on a nice day.

My old kids (9 & 11) preferred the water slides inside, mostly because the water temp wasn't cold like the outdoor water slides.

Even on a holiday weekend, there were places for us to put our stuff. And we didn't need to use any lockers as our stuff was never tampered with. There was always plenty of staff to keep an eye on everyone.

There was a sandy beach area, mini golf and even a bouncy park (for a fee) so there were other activities, too. We were there for the swimming, though, and enjoyed visiting several times during our weeklong stay in the Dells. Nice that it came with our River Bay Campground reservation.

detroit
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“not bad”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Indoor, loud, smelly (chlorine), crowded, ok. I don't think I'm a big fan of indoor water parks. Not a lot of workers for the amount of people in there. Outdoor is nicer, partially because you're outside. Smallish, a few good rides. This was part of our hotel package. Good for a half day.