“Good place for lunch”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had a good experience here. It's not really what I would want for an evening meal but for lunch they have a nice selection and the food tasted very good.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

3 of us ate here after seeing it a few days before when we rode the jetboats. It's OK but it was obvious that day that that particular cashier had a problem with the English language. He had to go over the order 2 times after we ordered, and each time he had one of the orders as something we didn't order. As we were ordering, a waitress came up to him and pointed out where he got the wrong order on a ticket so obviously he should not have been in that position. Even ordering the simple drinks he had to ask twice. We did however get the correct order.

So by the time the food came, which was a little long, our drinks were empty and we ask the lady that brought our food if refills were free and she said she wasn't sure but would check. We couldn't start eating without drink so we waited. I Can't say how long it was but it was too long so my son took our drinks up to the counter but came back and said there was a long line. I told him go right to where the cashier is. He was told that he did the right thing by not waiting in the line and refills were free.

There is a fairly big screen TV in there so we were able to watch the olympics while eating. The cafe as clean and nice but really small. Wouldn't want to come when busy, which it wasn't this time.The food was good, but nothing to write home about. They also have ice cream that is average but pricey.

2  Thank Goofy173
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I work in the Dells and this is where I go to eat to get freshly made food. There are a variety of sandwiches but I go there for the three salad sampler. They also have an ice cream stand with other delicious homemade deserts. The prices are good and the outdoor seating is lovely. This is the place to go for real food made by real people!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Had lunch here with the family while waiting for shuttle to boat tour. Not huge variety but everything was good. Pricey. $4.25 for good size hot dog and fruit salad. Did give water for Pumpkin bread was tasty as were salads. $4.75 for half sandwich.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stumbled across this place our first day in the Dells. We're always looking for restaurants that can accomodate meals for my daughter's shellfish allergy - they didn't even have shellfish on the menu, which was a bonus for us. The lasagna was excellent as was the "3 salads" special I had. Everything was so fresh and tasted homemade!