“There is good and bad...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandrift Resort

Sandrift Resort
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“There is good and bad...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We have two kids ages 9 and 3 and they loved it. It was so nice to walk out our door and the kids could run and play. Also the water is really shallow for awhile so my three year old could play in the water safely with me close by. They loved feeding the ducks and playing with all of the toys. The nightly campfires were great. You can see your room and while the kids slept we adults could relax and get to know one another. You can see from pictures that the units are pretty small and that did stink when it rained and there is only so many places to go. The units come with everything you could need though and were very clean. I was impressed actually, but and I mean it is one big old but.... the beds were awful!!!!! That would be the only reason I would hesitate to go back. My husband and I were in so much pain by our last day. I really hope they would consider an upgrade soon. We wanted something that was the best of both worlds, a little bit of the cabin experience with fishing and relaxing on the lake, and then we would utilize the passes and coupons and take the kids to do really cool things that they loved. The Sandrift met our expectations but really, seriously, time for some new mattresses.

Room Tip: Try to get an end room with the covered porch. Our neighbors had it and we were both there all week...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank reannonmichelle83
Linda a, Owner at Sandrift Resort, responded to this review, May 22, 2015
This is Linda. First, I need to apologize to for taking so long to respond to your review. You took time out to let me know there was a problem and then no response. I must admit I am computer illiterate. I went to a TripAdvisor meeting {April 2015} and found out I can respond to all my reviews.
I am so sorry you had a problem with the beds. I assure you had I known I would have moved you to another unit.
All our units have Symbol pillow top mattresses with a 10 year warranty. They are now entering their fifth season of use.{our season runs from May thru September} I contacted my rep from the company and the mattress was replaced.
Once again, thank you . I do hope we see you at the Sandrift.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Island Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Three couples stayed at the Sandrift resort in May 2014. We loved the view, the nightly bonfires, use of BBQ grills, and paddle boats. Plus I can not say enough good things about the owners. So pleasant, outgoing, and anything to make our stay more enjoyable. The rooms were clean and full of all things you need for a weekend visit. We will be back next year and hope to bring more people.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Batavia, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Each year I take my three children on vacation by myself. I am a single mother, so this is quite a hectic experience. From the first year of parenting solo I have been taking my children to the Sandrift Resort. I will never bother to go anywhere else in Wisconsin Dells. At Sandrift my children can play outside in the grass, in the center of all the units where I can see the from the porch or the window of our unit. They can play on the playground, or one of the many games that are set up, such as volleyball in the sand. We can play in the sand, swim or take a boat out. At night they have a bonfire which is such a fun time to meet the other families staying at the resort and relax. The environment is very family friendly. The units are very well kept. The owners are incredibly accommodating to their guests. The view is beautiful, the lake homes around the resort are quiet. And the fishing is good. And on top of all of this, each guests gets a pass for each day to a water park! Honestly, this is where you get the bang for your buck. My children are so excited to go this summer, and so am I!

Room Tip: The beach house units are our favorite, because you get a deck that literally goes right up to the s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have stayed at the Sandrift a number of times.This year we felt it was important to share our great experience with others. Though this resort is older everything is always very clean and well taken care of. The view of Lake Delton is beautiful and the there are plenty of canoes, row boats and paddle boats for guest use. The beach and docks are well cared for, our kids spent every moment possible in the lake swimming.
The owners are incredible. Check in takes a little longer only because Linda asks you want you want to do while you are there. She makes sure you have any discount passes you need and directions to where you want to go. If you aren't sure on what you want to do they are ready with plenty of great suggestions! There is always plenty of firewood for the nightly community campfire also. Everyone we have ever met at this resort is a return visitor, who has said they will be back the following year.
We will be going back to the Dells area next and our only choice will be the Sandrift!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We rented the beach house and it was more than we expected! The view from the porch was beautiful! The accessible row boats,paddle boats, and canoes was just excellent! The owners were so sweet and accommodating on anything we needed! The kids had a blast playing on the playground and volleyball and swimming in the lake! I would definately recommend this place as a perfect getaway!! 5 stars

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank FamilyFunTyme
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had only 3 nights and two days to spend here and wish we were able to stay longer. Linda and Chris are great hosts and provided us with information, coupons, and discounts to all the attractions we visited... saved us a lot of money! Their knowledge of the area was exceptional! There is plenty to do at the resort, too, for both adults and kids. Our 3 year old grandson had a great time with all the kids toys, playing in the sand, and feeding the ducks. The canoes, paddle boats, and row boats were fun for all of us. The nightly camp fire is a great time to get to know your neighbors. This will be our only choice of where to stay if we have the chance to get back to the Dells again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pierz, mn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I just wanted to take a moment and thank Linda and Chris for such a wonderful experience at Sandrift Resort. Chris always made sure that we had wood for the fire in the evening and Linda surely would give us any coupon/discounts for food, waterparks, and shopping! Resort has lifejackets, canoes, peddle boats/row boats!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family