“Such a cool and unique experience!”
Review of Dells Mining Co.

Dells Mining Co.
Ranked #2 of 16 Shopping in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed August 10, 2012

A bit pricey for the sand buckets, but I'm so glad we went, so it was worth paying! My daughter and I have never done anything like this...certainly not an activity you can find anywhere. Great variety of rocks and it was fun comparing them to gemstones afterwards! We got so caught up in the fun that we purchased matching Mom & Daughter rings to remember the experience...can't wait for them to be delievered!!!

There are newer reviews for Dells Mining Co.

Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

We used our Splash Pass card and received a complimentary bucket with the purchase of a bucket. The kids enjoyed looking for treasure in the sand and liked getting a bit dirty while doing so. No high pressure sales when we were finished. Definitely more kid oriented than adult. Our kids, ages 3 and 5, loved it.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We had a coupon for a free bucket with our resort package ($20.00 backet). Our 3 year old loved "mining" the sand and found a lot of gem stones. They told us afterward what all the different stones were. No pressure to spend of buy more which was really nice!

Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

First u have to pick a bucket. Next u have to pour the sand into the screen and sift it. Then when the sand is gone, u van see all sorts of beautiful rocks. If u see a plastic bag fall out of ur bucket, u have a sweet treasure! When ur out of sand u go to a room where these ladies tell u what kind of rocks they are. If u find a little treasure in a plastic bag, u can put it in jewelry. It is an awesome experience

1  Thank Doggy19
Reviewed July 14, 2012

It was the first thing we did when we got to the Dells. I am a geology buff and I thought this would be a lot of fun. It didn't disappoint! There are 5 different sized buckets, the bigger they are the more variety and larger gems and rocks you'll find. We got the red bucket and got the little white one free with our buy-one-get-one dells card. The precious gem in our bucket was a blue topaz, very pretty, I got it mounted in a necklace and am waiting for it to be shipped to me now. We a large variety of stones and gems and at the end when you've found everything you go up to the count and an expert tells you what you've found and explains if it's rare, common, or precious. They then offer if you want to get anything shaped or cut and mounted into jewelry. If I had the money to get the more precious gems mounted, I definitely would have! Overall this was a lot of fun and good to kill about an hour.