Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
3,370 results
All reviews wave pool water park mini golf indoor water klondike kavern glacier canyon bumper boats black hole laser tag ropes course all ages fun pass indoor parks zip line lazy river lost world wild waterdome
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed Jan. 16 -19. the 16th & 17th were quiet, the 18th was packed. Holiday weekend in addition to some teen tournaments of some kind.
Been coming to all the Dells waterparks for 20 years, always like the Wilderness.
Stayed here in summer and between summer & now they demolished the main restaurant and replaced with a new bar & cafeteria. The plus is that it really looks nice and is bright and open. The minus is it the food quality went way down.
When the old restaurant had the buffet it was pretty good. The breakfast buffet at the new cafeteria -which they now call Camp Social and is themed like a summer camp -which I don't get -the food is cafeteria quality and cold. They also should have you pay before you get in line, Instead, you wait in line to get your food, then you wait in line to pay, and the food gets even colder.
During the afternoon & evening when its not a buffet and a-la-carte, the food is still lower quality, and the pricing is confusing -you get this with that, or you can substitute this for that, or.... all while looking at the menu on the wall trying to figure out what it means, and the people working there have limited English ability, making it more difficult. We noticed during the y day there was No-one there and everyone was packing the other restaurants -which mainly serve burgers & wraps -. Need to take shuttle slightly off site to get regular food,
Yes, the place is crowded, but over the years you learn the tricks of beating the crowds on the waterslides.
We did not understand why the outdoor portions of the indoor/outdoor hotubs were closed most of the time. And no one is managing the hot tubs, they were packed shoulder to shoulder with rowdy, unruly 10 year olds.un-supervised..
Be aware if you go off -peak some waterparks & slides will be closed or have limited hours.
I think they need to stop adding rooms & condos and add more waterpark to keep up with the crowds. I will say though, that everything was well staffed, there was visible security people, and everything in general still seems to be well maintained.
Still the best of the Dells water parks.
Still, it looks like they are keeping

Room tip: stay on top floor, 2nd floor is jammed with people moving through the hotel & waterparks
Date of stay: January 2020
WildernessResort, Guest Relations Manager at Wilderness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thanks for your feedback we have shared it with our Food and Beverage Director.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Just got back from a 2 night stay in a 2 bedroom condo at Wilderness on the Lake. This was our first time staying at the Wilderness and it was WONDERFUL!! I know Kalahari is the "big" name resort of the Dells and I've been there many times, but I honestly love the Wilderness more now that I've been here! First, the room was amazing, tons of space and the 4 seasons room with the jacuzzi/fireplace/TV with beautiful views of the lake was to die for. I don't think I could stay in an ordinary hotel room after experiencing the lake condo! Plus it had a full size kitchen which was great if you want to save money and cook, as well as a washer/dryer which we used to dry our suits before heading back to the water parks. Second, the resort is huge with lots of stuff to do. The best part was that the shuttles were surprisingly warm (most people were only wearing shorts/t-shirts and it's the middle of winter). Awesome shuttle drivers and they were always very speedy. Never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a shuttle, even when they were on-call instead of running continuously. You don't need to have kids to have fun here either, we were a group of six adults and had plenty of fun and were never bothered by kids. Plus I like that the employees seem pretty lax about guests drinking, I never got yelled at for carrying my souvenir drink cup around to different areas of the resort (much different story at the Kalahari which I find very obnoxious).

I only have two negative things to say about our trip. The convenience store inside of Wilderness on the Lake had many cans of expired beer, which we found out after one of us bought a 4 pack of PBR that tasted that garbage. The expiration date on the can was Nov 2018, and this was on 1/11/2020!!! When we went back to exchange the cans for new ones ALL the PBR on the shelf expired in 2018, and many other brands were also expired. The employee was great and gave us our money back but this seems like a serious issue to have beer on the shelf that expired over a year ago. My other complaint is the beds were very uncomfortable to lay on and the sheets/blanket were scratchy. Other than those things, we had a great time and we can't wait to come back!

Date of stay: January 2020

Thanks for your feedback we have passed it onto our general manager of our Wilderness on the Lake property so he can investigate this.

Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

We visited for just one night before New Year’s Eve and the rooms were much more beaten up than the last time we visited. We received a text that our room was ready and hauled all our luggage to find it was not ready and had a very strong smoke smell. We requested a room that didn’t smell like smoke and were given another room quite a distance away but at least it was ready. The new room stunk so we aired it out for an hour. The couch cushion had a big tear along the seam as well.

The water park was extremely busy but seemed well run. The wave pool is something we really enjoy along with various slides. The hot tub was not actually hot but then again there are kids of all ages in it. There are usually not enough tables to put things down and relax. More seating would definitely increase their food sales.

Pro tips for this resort:
-Only go during off-times.
-Never pay full price for a room ( look for low 100’s)
-bring your own drinks, food and snacks to microwave in the room and bring a small cooler to the parks
-try to avoid a room on the same floor as the waterparks bc it’s a runway for screaming kids
-bring Clorox wipes and air freshener for your room

I’m giving this three stars because the waterpark has been consistently good when we visit. Rooms need to be maintained better but it’s a good time if you don’t overpay!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank JKfromtheblock
WildernessResort, Guest Relations Manager at Wilderness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

We are really sorry to read that you had a problem with your room. All of our rooms are smoke free so it shouldn't have smelled like smoke. We also apologize if your couch cushion had a tear. Could you please do us a favor and email us at info@wildernessresort.com the name on your reservation and the dates of your stay so we can address any problems with this room? Thank you!

Reviewed January 3, 2020

I have stayed here many time's and each time i enjoy my experience. The room's are always really clean and the decor is so nice. I really like the condos, i had my birthday there and had such a good time.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo

So glad you had a great time! Happy belated birthday!

Reviewed January 2, 2020

We gifted our kids a two night stay as a Christmas gift. We stayed 12/30-1/1. Our room was two queens and a sleeper sofa. Upon arrival, there were no extra sheets for the sleeper sofa. We called and some were brought to the room. The beds were horrible to sleep on. When our rooms were serviced, they did not refresh our toilet paper/kleenex supply; we had to call for that stuff as well.

The water parks were absolutely packed; all three of them. During our stay, we were in the wave pool and we found a feminine hygiene product floating in the pool. We told the workers and they came and "checked" the area, but said they couldn't find anything. About 45 minutes later, we were in the wave pool again, and the SAME hygiene product touched my foot. I was utterly grossed out. We immediately left the pool and I, again, told the lifeguards.

Upon checkout, my husband explained our disappointment to the clerk, who giggled and shrugged her shoulders.

They keep adding on rooms, but the pool areas stay the same size. The hotel was overbooked for the size of the pool space they offer (one area was under construction). There was absolutely nowhere to sit or put our stuff. The reason we chose the Wilderness is that it is an "exclusive" resort, not letting people buy passes in to the waterpark for the day. I understand it was a holiday weekend, and I took that into consideration before writing my review.

Room tip: Do NOT stay on the 2nd floor, as this is the thorough-fare between all the waterparks. Constant noise, day and night, outside our room.
Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Quest815532

We apologize that there were no sheets in your room for the sleeper sofa when you arrive and that housekeeping didn't refresh your toiletries. We have shared your comments about the wave pool with our aquatics team. They should be keeping an eye out for debris and removing it in a timely fashion. If you remember the name of the clerk you spoke to at checkout please email us this information at info@wildernessresort.com so we can address her behavior with her. Thanks for your review. We will strive to do better.