The recession is certainly not hurting this hotel. We took our teenagers during spring break on a Tues.-Thurs. and the hotel was unbelievably packed. But we were prepared for that. We wanted a water park that had lots to offer under one roof so we didn't have to drive around town for fun. This was perfect for that. We never left the hotel except to dine in their restaurants a short drive away. Loved the variety the parks had to offer, but our teens felt there were way too many little kids. We were looking for a good rate, and found one here. But it really is a budget hotel pretending to be a nice resort. The decor is attractive, and it has lots of amenities. But the walls are thin, the hallways loud (don't stay on the 2nd floor- this is the indoor walkway from one end of the place to the other- ask for the 3rd floor on top), and the furnishings are very basic. Our beds were very lumpy and had those horrible sheets that come loose during the night. There was a hole punched in the bathroom door, and one of the metal locks on the main door was broken. It was nice, however to have a microwave and fridge, sofa bed and 2nd television.
The restaurants were fine. We dined in both the Italian one and the steakhouse. Fields was very expensive, but it was not crowded, and was nice to have a tasty, quiet meal away from all the other families.
The staff was fine- we didn't have any high expectations or needs, so this place was fine for families looking for a great water park hotel that doesn't cost a fortune.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come play the day away in America's largest waterpark resort! The Wilderness has 4 indoor and 4 outdoor water parks totaling nearly 500,000 square feet (that is over 12 football fields of water fun!) We also have an indoor, 3-D, black light mini golf course; a ropes course, virtual reality gaming for up to 7 players, outdoor mini golf; zip lining; go-karts; laser tag; Wild Rock Championship Golf Club; and award-winning spa services at Sundara Spa. Amazing lodging options include Wilderness themed guest rooms, condos, villas and cabins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon so you can book your Wilderness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wilderness Resort Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Wisconsin Dells
- Wilderness Wi Dells
- Wilderness Resort Wi Dells
- Resort Wilderness Wisconsin