“Great mix of indoor and outdoor rides”
Review of Wilderness Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Wilderness Resort
Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Winnipeg
“Great mix of indoor and outdoor rides”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was our final stop in our Dells tour and we stayed overnight to sample the rides and the accommodations. We had a third floor room overlooking the pool. The room was large, had rustic features (log furniture and antlers...) and had a small but usable balcony. The room was a little run-down with a broken outlet cover by the bathroom sink and general wear and tear but it was not major.

Check in was prompt and efficient and we were directed to entrance 3 for parking and to get to our room. It was raining outside and entrance 2 had no overhead protection so that was a little strange (and wet).

We hit the indoor wave pool once we checked in and it was a blast! They alternate the strength of the waves every time so you do not know what it expect (some can be quite intense!!).

The next day we checked out the rest of the parks and they were all enjoyable. There was a good selection of rides across all the parks. The front desk said they were full that week but none of the parks seemed crowded (except for the wave pool). Many of the pools have features like basketball and volleyball nets which is nice. Please note that it is a 10 minute plus walk between some parks (longer if you go indoors). We walked to one park and after an hour they closed the outdoor pool (no reason given when asked) so we had a long walk to get to another outdoor park.

If you are looking for a park with a good mix of indoor and outdoor activities - this is a great choice.

Room Tip: Pool view is worth the few extra dollars. Avoid the second floor - lots of noise from people using...
Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank CyTrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (720)
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We absolutely loved this resort. My kids didn't want to leave! As with any hotel. ... nothing is perfect, but we found that they do everything they can to keep this place clean. Every time we turned around someone was cleaning something and the resort is so big that was refreshing to see. The weather was cool during our visit so it was nice to have the indoor parks, but just as nice to have so many other activities like mini golf, bumper boats, sky ropes course, paint your own pretty, laser tag, and arcades. It was a never ending place of things to do. My son was too light to do the zip line so that was a bummer, but we will be back! !!! We are do happy we choose this place as opposed to Mt Olympus. That place is so spread out and ugly on the outside. We thought Mt Olympus was an eyesore....blah!!!! Wilderness is huge too, but layed out better. If you want easy access to the water parks stay at the main hotel or canyon lodge, if you want away from that you can stay closer to the lake. There is something for everyone!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Riverside
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We had a party of 20 or so. Rented two adjoining condos. They were fantastic for us. Plenty of room for everyone, enough bathrooms and places to sleep. We had a bunch of kids from toddler to 14yrs. They all had a blast every day. There were rides and activities for all ages. We spent three days there and spent time at all the different indoor and outdoor waterparks, which were included with the condo rental. Parks were all very clean and had enough tubes/rafts/towels etc. The Lunar Loop was a big favorite for all who were heavy enough (90lbs). The shuttle service is cool but really not that necessary, you can walk to anywhere in a few minutes. The food and drinks (beer, cocktails, etc.) are pretty steep. Since we had full kitchens we bought groceries and a couple times got takeout from off-property (Moose Jaw pizza was excellent). The one thing I didn't like was all the activities that are add-ons cost-wise, like laser tag and the ziplines. But there is enough stuff included to keep everyone happy for days. Overall a great time and if we are in the Dells again I would stay here, but I don't know anything about the hotel where most guests were.

1 Thank John V
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I have been to the Wilderness resort numerous times and we keep coming back time after time. We just love it there! With so much to do, I don't know how anybody could get bored there. Our last stay was a two night anniversary stay in June and even with not so perfect weather we still had a blast because you can always go to one of the three indoor waterparks. There are also so many dry activities, it makes us feel like kids again! The food at their restaurants is good but their new Yukon Yogurt is to die for! I had it twice! So good and not a bad price either! We love the Wilderness and will be back in the near future!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amy A
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I loved the wilderness to be honest their wave pool is outstanding nothing in my opinion can compare! The only thing I need to say about it is that it's huge and very hard to know where you are ( again in my opinion ) but overall it was excellent! You all will probably have fun because it's great and you will see there are bigger kid rides and smaller kid rides!

Stayed July 2014
Illinois
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was our first time in the Dells and we took our two 15 year old girls. They had a pretty good time. They were always on the go and crashed at night from playing so hard. They have so many water parks that it doesn't feel very crowded. We stayed at the hotel and it was clean. We had two queen beds plus a pull out couch.

The first night we ate at the buffet and not only was it extremely overpriced ($20 per person), but the food was just awful. It was the worst any of us had ever had - we didn't even eat it because it was so gross. Unfortunately, that is $90 that I will never get back. The next night we ordered the pizza deal from the Klondike Pizza Kitchen, The pizza was good, but they overcharged me $2 for the pizza deal - compared to the advertisement that they gave us upon check-in. Finally, the third night we ate at Monk's, which you can get to by taking the shuttle. Thankfully, we had a good meal there!

I wish I could say that we didn't have any problems aside from the food issues, but we did. First, we had to deal with a very rude shuttle driver. Our first time taking the shuttle we were a little confused about how they ran and where we needed to get off, and the driver we had was very loud and impatient with us.

The other issue was upon check in, they have you fill out a form and you need to list who in your party is authorized to get a replacement key if it is lost. The only ones in my party that were allowed to get a new key was myself and my husband. However, on the very first day, my daughter misplaced her key and she was able to walk right up to the front desk and request a new key. The only thing she had to give them was the room number - and nothing else. I think this is a very dangerous safety issue that they need to address right away.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the third floor - it's a little quieter.
2 Thank Jami13
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We visited this resort all the way from Arizona. I was worried that the temperature in the waterparks would be cold for us since we are used to Arizona weather. I was wrong. All the parks had heated water including the outdoor parks. There was so much to do here with a variety of waterparks for all ages. The room was spacious, but could maybe use a little updating. This is nothing that would stop me from staying here again though. You hardly spend any time in your room anyway. Our family had so much fun here and I was exhausted by the end of each day. I had a room on the 3rd floor, so I had no problem with noise. I could see it being more noisy on the 2nd level though since that is where all the walkways to the waterparks are.

Room Tip: 3rd floor with a wooded view will get you a nice quiet room.